Skip to content

Six short people arrived in Easthaven - what were their occupations?

Thinking about a No Reload run with a party of shorties (Dwarf, Gnome, Halfling).

1) which classes would YOU choose?

2) if you were to restrict the group to all single or all multi which would it be?

3) Certain main classes would be unavailable (Paladin, ranger & druid come immediately to mind but I'm sure there are others) if you were to choose one non-shorty to fill the role of "leader" which class would they be?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    I'd suggest browsing several discussions, for example, "Clan Stoutward" by @Grum comes to mind - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/682619/#Comment_682619

And a Jansen family by @CrevsDaak here - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/593807/#Comment_593807 , "the Bronzebeard clan" by @GlorenBronzebeard - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/576974/#Comment_576974 and "the Stoneholme family by @Gulthias_Amarson - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/577890/#Comment_577890 come to mind as well

Check the whole discussions for the ideas :)

As for the unavailable classes, I'd install the BGTweaks mod component to turn of all the restrictions. But if you don't want this mod and need a non-shorty in the party of shorties, I suggest importing Minsc into IWDEE. I just imagine how a huge Minsc helps his friends-shorties in their snowy adventures.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    bengoshi said:

As for the unavailable classes, I'd install the BGTweaks mod component to turn of all the restrictions.

I think you mean BG2 Tweaks =)
    bengoshi said:
    LMAO on my terrible english (almost) one year before. I still haven't got past the first big dungeon. Dayum.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Well after putting together a brilliantly crafted "mostly elf" party of druids and ranger types called the Coven I was reminded by another thread about that silly elf must be resurrected (no raise dead) and set that troop aside :smile:

That brought me back to the shorty group which after a bit of fussing with save moving to MP and such I think I have settled on a group I will like once they get a few more levels and don't require so much hand holding.

Thus without further blathering here they go...

Ironwood Orin - (The only "non-shorty" altho his human mother did look a bit Gnomish)
    Half-elf Fighter /Druid - 18/99, 18, 14, 9, 17, 15 - scimitar**, club*, dart*, sling*

Axan Hammersmack - Dwarf defender - 18/95, 17, 19, 10, 15, 8
    axes** & hammers**

Bigsword Littleman - Gnome Barbarian 18/98, 18, 18, 9, 13, 8
    2-hand sword**, Flail-morningstar*, X-bow*, THWS

Nightwalker Noki - Gnome Fighter/Thief 18/93, 18, 18, 11, 11, 8
    Short bow* Long sword* Club* SWS

Thali Hootersnit - Dwarf Cleric of Lathander 18, 17, 16, 9, 18, 8
    Mace* sling*

Kalamiti Kettlebottom - Gnome Fighter/Illusionist 18/00, 18, 16, 19, 8, 8
    Staff** Xbow**

All but Orin were created today and have been together from the start and are at about 4K exp as they come out of the avalanche where Orin (an oldtimer just waiting for the right party to join) was shoehorned in with about 8K exp.

Currently playing on "Easy Insane" (no extra damage :wink: ) which I may or may not continue after we get a couple more levels.

From this point I am planning a "no reload" campaign (Party wipe = Game over) and since I have about 80 characters currently in my import bin I may make it a No Raise dead as well. If someone dies I will replace them with a randomly selected character from my import bin.

All Rules stated or assumed will of course only allow circumvention upon the formal presentation of a documented "whim" verified by the ROOLZ demon lurking under my desk.....

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Wanderon said:

Thinking about a No Reload run with a party of shorties (Dwarf, Gnome, Halfling).

1) which classes would YOU choose?

2) if you were to restrict the group to all single or all multi which would it be?

3) Certain main classes would be unavailable (Paladin, ranger & druid come immediately to mind but I'm sure there are others) if you were to choose one non-shorty to fill the role of "leader" which class would they be?

1) Barbarian - Halfling
    Fighter/Illusionist - Gnome
    Fighter/Cleric- Dwarf
    Fighter/Thief - Halfling
    Illusionist/Cleric - Gnome
    Illusionist - Gnome (purely for higher level spell access)

2) Single Class (using my A Frosty Journey mod)

Barbarian - Halfling
    Breachgnome - Gnome
    Pest Controller - Dwarf
    Earthwalker of Grumbar - Dwarf
    Leaftender - Halfling
    Illusionist - Gnome

Multi-Class

Fighter/Illusionist - Gnome
    Fighter/Cleric- Dwarf
    Fighter/Thief - Halfling
    Fighter/Dwarf
    Illusionist/Cleric - Gnome
    Cleric/Thief - Gnome

3) Fighter (Barbarian) - just seems appropriate.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @elminster Isn't 3 arcane casters a bit much for IWD?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Starting out scroll access is limited (at least until you get to Kuldahar) but having this gives the opportunity for different party members to change their role on a case by case basis. So I like it. :)