Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @Kilivitz
    Since no one else seems to have noticed: That's Liv Tyler as Arwen, not Legolas ;)
    Legolas was played by Orlando Bloom.
    lolien
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459

@Kilivitz
    Since no one else seems to have noticed: That's Liv Tyler as Arwen, not Legolas ;)
    Legolas was played by Orlando Bloom.

That would explain why my girlfriend got so confused when I said I'd like to see her dressed as Legolas.
    ButtercheeseGallowglasslolien
    Too be fair, male elves tend to be rather androgonys :P
    lolien
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

Too be fair, male elves tend to be rather androgonys :P

Well, er, yes ... but female elves don't, and Liv Tyler isn't. I think with elves, the rule is that if it looks like a girl, then it's a girl, and if you're not sure, then it isn't.
    SkatanMoradinElrandirlolien
    Looks can be deceiving UvU
    Though Liv Tyler is of course very feminine.

I personally like it when the androgyny of male elves and female dwarves are getting played up, I think it helps greatly with distincting the two races from humans instead of just having them be "pretty people with pointy ears" and "stocky people with long beards".

But I digress.
    MoradinLadyRhianlolien
  • paul_leonepaul_leone Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2015
    Hey all. I was wondering if anybody wants to try their hand at Baldurizing any of these images. I'd be greatly in your debt!

(links only cuz some of the pictures are large; none of them are NSFW, although the fourth one has 22 CHA cleavage.)

http://www.walagata.com/w/varyar/Jewel_1a.jpg Ms. Kilcher seems like she could a warrior's tunic and a facial tattoo, IMO.

http://www.walagata.com/w/varyar/Leven_Rambin_1.JPG A cleric in armor (and having a pensive day, probably because she just found out who her daddy is) maybe?

http://www.walagata.com/w/varyar/Leighton_Meester_13.jpg This strikes me as a picture that could use some (stylish) wizard's robes.

http://www.walagata.com/w/varyar/Laetitia_Casta_21.jpg As your fancy takes you, although seeing her as a drow would be great.

http://www.walagata.com/w/varyar/Molly_Quinn_8.jpg She already looks roguish, no?

http://www.walagata.com/w/varyar/Morena_Baccarin_2.jpg Hm. A bard or sorceress, perhaps?
    lolienAerakar
    Hey, just letting y'all know that I started a blog for gathering portraits like these, in case you are interested.
    http://rpgportraits.tumblr.com/
    IsabellaGrangerlolienJuliusBorisovAerakar
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @Astafas I have to say, I think I like the drow the best. I definitely detect some Geralt in him. hahaha I must admit I'm not a huge fan of tieflings, so that one never truly appealed to me, but I also think you've been consistently improving with each new portrait.
    Astafas
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    The drow and the dwarf are great. I agree with @Elrandir on tieflings.
    Astafas
  • TwentyTwenty Member Posts: 52
    Hi guys, new here and can I make request for someone to customize a portrait for me?

Please edit the portrait below to have elven ears or better yet, give him a hood! :)

https://forums.beamdog.com/uploads/FileUpload/87/86f43198869ae1cb49bbf1531f7d09.png

Thanks!
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    Aerakar said:

I agree with @Elrandir on tieflings.

One problem with tieflings is to choose which edition to make. They have changed more than any other race due to the ascension of Amodeus. I opted for the latest version with this portrait, although BG follows second edition (as seen with Haer'Dalis).

Aerakarlolien
  • ErstarrungErstarrung Member Posts: 51
    bob_veng said:

here you go, hope it's what you wanted :)

edit: credit to artastrophe for the original image (the clothing, most visibly)

Wow, that is honestly the very best baldurisation of any photo I ever saw!

But, as my fellow countryman, Friedrich v. Schiller almost said: This is the curse of every evil good deed, that, propagating still, it brings forth evil another brazen request to baldurise something...

Do you think it might be possible for you to try your (formidable) hand at baldurising any one (or two, or... you know) these teensy-tiny portraits? Pretty please?

This would make a nice rogue, I think:

And Ali Larter would make a perfect Shar-Teel:

I know it sucks and shows my bad taste and all, but I really like her looks and would greatly enjoy her baldurised:

@bob_veng Is there any chance you might help out a fellow baldur's gate enthusiast (with little artistic capabilities, I'm afraid)?

By the way, I attached what I deem the ideal neutral evil bard... looks can be deceiving...
    edited January 2016
    @Erstarrung this one from my collection might be the NE Bard what you are looking for:

ErstarrungSharGuidesMyHand
    Thanks, @Kilivitz , now I know what my Skald sees when looking into the mirror!

Do you happen to have a large version of my Skald (420x660)? - I don't know why (perhaps because I'm playing at a resolution of 1920x1200), but pictures with a resolution of 210x330, 169x266, and 54x84 results in quite blurred images for me. I have to use a resolution of 420x660, 210x330, and 169x266 to get sharp images... On a sidenote: Has anybody else experienced this as well, or is it just me?
    @Erstarrung yes and no. I couldn't find the source image on a very high resolution (largest size was 800x1104) meaning I couldn't really get that same crop on a 420x660 file.

But if you don't mind, here's a 420x660 portrait that shows more of her. I suppose if you don't mind having your character portrayed in a more IWD-like fashion, you could use this one as the large portrait and the one from my previous post as the small one.
    @Kilivitz Thank you very much! I don't mind at all - in fact, if the source image allows it, I tend to use different cuttings for each size anyway (full body for L, upper body for M, and head for S).

As you have kindly provided me with Volkan3 and Volkan4 - do you happen to have Volkan1 and 2 (5, 6, ...) as well? If it's not too much to ask, might I talk you into uploading the other Volkan pictures as well?
    @Erstarrung you know what's funny? I imagined you might end up asking me about portraits number 1 and 2. Unfortunately, there's nothing too diferent/exciting about these.

Almost every time I make portraits out of illustrations found on the internet, I mess around with stuff like color balance and contrast in order to make it look less out of place alongside with the original portraits. So as I save different versions, the numbering comes into play. In this case, I used the drawing of Daenerys for a Dragon Disciple I wanted to play called Volkana (because a volcano spits fire... like a Dragon. GET IT? winkwinkwink? Okay, not funny).

Anyway, I'm attaching to this post both previous versions and the source image, so you can make your own crops should you want to. Hope I haven't disappointed you too much.
    edited January 2016
    @Kilivitz And again: Thank you very much! If this weren't clearly a NE Skald, but a Dragon Disciple, I would suggest not to name her Volkana, but Electra (no, not because I'm a fan of Strauss, but because of her blue dress)...

Anyway, did you play your Dragon Disciple? Does the -1 spell/level/day gimp her much (I tend to think so, but I never tried playing one myself)?

If I were to play a Sorceress (DD or not), I'd play an elven Sorceress and use this (awesome) portrait:
  • TwentyTwenty Member Posts: 52
    Twenty said:

Hi guys, new here and can I make request for someone to customize a portrait for me?

Please edit the portrait below to have elven ears or better yet, give him a hood! :)

https://forums.beamdog.com/uploads/FileUpload/87/86f43198869ae1cb49bbf1531f7d09.png

Thanks!

Some help with this? Thanks again!
    @Erstarrung I ended up never finishing that playthrough.

Funny story: this portrait you posted, it's from an artist on Deviant Art. She posts a lot of illustrations of this character (Rain is the name, if I'm not mistaken) with Kivan.
    Kilivitz said:

@Erstarrung I ended up never finishing that playthrough.

Funny story: this portrait you posted, it's from an artist on Deviant Art. She posts a lot of illustrations of this character (Rain is the name, if I'm not mistaken) with Kivan.

Yes, I think I got this one from Deviant Art. But wherever this is from, it's a phantastic Red Dragon Disciple (in my opinion, that ist).
    bob_veng said:

@Erstarrung

hi, i did this one. i'll try to do the rest as well

Wow, thank you very much! I wish I would be half as talented as an artist (Even as I graduated from grammar school, my 'paintings' still looked like they were drawn by a 5 year old. A blind 5 year old, that is. With no arms.)!

So thank you again.
    Rodrianbob_veng
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426

Ali Larter would make a perfect Shar-Teel

Since Bob took the moves on her, she's actually more Branwen'ish.
    BelgarathMTH
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited January 2016
    edit:

(inquired about appending pictures to earlier posts, moved picture there)
    Post edited by bob_veng on
    Kilivitzlolien
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    bob_veng said:

btw. can i append images to an earlier post in order to avoid double posting?

Yes. Start a new post and attach the picture. Hit insert, then copy the code that's inserted, go back and edit your old post and paste the code in. Don't hit "Post Comment" on the new post.
    bob_venglolienJuliusBorisov