Skip to content

"Proper" Barbarian/Druid hit dice

RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
Hey, I want to make a 'proper' Barbarian/Druid in IWD:EE (still waitin fo' dat shaman doe :kissing_smiling_eyes:)
I'm using "Kit Tomes" from IWD House Rules by @smeagolheart to do this, but there seems to be an issue with barbarian hit dice apparently, because he gets 9hp (5+4) instead of 10hp (6+4) on lvl (and I know it's because barbarian is considered as a fighter kit in this case), so I tried to use EE Keeper to fix it, but changing "Base hp/Current hp" from core 9 to 10 is making no difference, it just doesn't work. I also tried to give him an instant "max HP modifier" +1 boost, but failed here again (I'm affraid I don't get those tables :/)

*what I got: 9hp (5+4) with +2hp (16 CON mod.) = 11hp
*what I want: 10hp (6+4) with +2hp (16 CON mod.) = 12hp
*or: 9hp (5+4) with +2hp (16 CON mod.) PLUS +1hp permanent boost/lvl = 12hp

So.. Am I doing something wrong, or is there maybe a different way to make it possible?

PS - (I know IT IS JUST 1hp, but it bothers me soooo much :sweat_smile:)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    edited November 2015
    Nah, I just need a different solution, without changing stats..
    I already got my perfect 88 roll.. and that's not a 'proper' solution :wink:
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Try changing "instant, permanent" to "permanent after death." Otherwise your parameters are all accurate for that effect; you shouldn't have to change anything else.
    @semiticgod "permanent after death" ? There is no such option..

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @semiticgod, @Rodrian,

'Instant, Permanent' is what it's called in Keeper, 'Permanent After Death' is what it's called in DLTCEP. It's timing mode (flag) 9.
    @Rodrian: Certain effects are only permanent until the character dies, like the ability to use polymorph effects from Shapechange (EE only; the vanilla flag for Shapechange was different). Others are permanent even after death and resurrection, like all kit abilities. So, if your Kensai->Mage casts Shapechange in EE and dies, the Shapechange abilities will be gone after resurrection, but the Kensai bonuses will remain.

"Permanent after death" is the phrase used in Near Infinity, DLTCEP, and EEKeeper. It is a standard phrase referring to a standard effect flag in the Infinity Engine.

And I think trolls normally pick emotionally and politically sensitive topics to troll on, not an advice thread.
    Be me.
    Have LITTLE knowledge about IE/modding/coding.
    Read 'rather useless' advice about increising CON. (sorry @subtledoctor :/)
    Then read something about "getting what u want after you die".
    Take it serious.

Just kidding, my fault.. it looks like instead of CON and HP/HD I should work on my 'wisdom', to gain some more 'lore' @semiticgod :sweat_smile:
    Don't be mad..

..but since when @Troodon80 explained it, isn't "instant, permament" the same as "permament after death", flag9 or smth? So it won't change anything either, will it?

..and what I know FOR SURE about trolls, is that they can be easily killed with fire or acid! ;)
    @Rodrian: "Instant, permanent" doesn't persist after death. If the character dies and is resurrected, the effect will be gone. "Permanent after death" effects won't vanish after death and resurrection.

I don't know if that flag would give you the HP you're looking for, but flag 9, "Permanent after death," is what you normally see on permanent effects on characters. If it still isn't working, tweaking your Constitution should work.

There's certainly nothing wrong with your other parameters. Aside from flag 9, it's identical to the EEKeeper effects I've implemented in my own games.
    Rodrian said:

..and what I know FOR SURE about trolls, is that they can be easily killed with fire or acid! ;)

The Death Spell is an excellent alternative if you can cast it. It makes the De'Arnise Hold quest much faster.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited November 2015
    @semiticgod,

"Permanent after death" is the phrase used in Near Infinity, DLTCEP, and EEKeeper. It is a standard phrase referring to a standard effect flag in the Infinity Engine.

"Instant, permanent" doesn't persist after death. If the character dies and is resurrected, the effect will be gone. "Permanent after death" effects won't vanish after death and resurrection.

To clarify, and I think this is where the confusion is coming from: "Permanent after death" is not used in EE Keeper.
    To the left is DLTCEP, to the right is EE Keeper. "Permanent after death" is used in DLTCEP while "Instant, Permanent" is used in EE Keeper. The value is the same thing, so the only difference is that of grammar. The screenshot in the first post shows that Rodrian is already using timing mode 9, "Permanent after death"/"Instant, Permanent."

Likewise, Near Infinity uses "Instant/Permanent."

I'm not sure any of our applications use the correct definition to describe the flags, but it would be great if there was just one standard. When someone says "flag X should be Y," it would apply to every editor out there. The only way that applies at the moment is if you use the numerical value.