Skip to content

BG:EE on IPAD: copying saved games back onto IOS

Hey guys.

I saw the workaround the developers created for editing savegames on IOS devices now that IFunBox no longer works. I've succeeded in most of the steps - I'm able to copy the save game from the IOS device to my PC. Then I open the save file on PC & edit the file in EE editor and make whatever changes I need. I followed the procedure - rezip the edited file and change the file name to "anything.bg1save"

Then i email the file back to myself as instructions indicate. All good thusfar, the file even shows up in my inbox with a BG icon on it. I saw a suggestion from someone that I click on the file and press "open in Baldur's Gate" which should make the saved game appear in the BG:EE saved game directory. No such option is available. There IS an option to just OPEN the file, and then there appears an option to "Copy the Game to Baldur's Gate". I try doing that, the screen briefly tries to open Baldur's Gate, then promptly crashes. When I re-open BG, the saved game isn't in there.

I've tried multiple ways of opening it - copied the file to Google Drive, copied it to Dropbox, copied to File Manager. Each time, the only option continues to be "Copy to Baldur's Gate" - which still causes the same problem.

I'm totally stuck. Anyone else encounter this and have a suggestion? I'm running IOS version 9.0.2 FYI.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Could you zip and attach the saves (both before and after edit) please.
    Thanks
  • catch6229catch6229 Member Posts: 29
    Sure. I had to zip the two files as attaching the .bg1save extention type is not allowed. The exportsave file is pre-edit, the firstedit.bg1save file is post edit
    Try this @catch6229

If you look at your files the export has two files but the import has a folder with two files inside it. I think you zipped the 00000241 folder instead of selecting the two files and zipping them.

I've rezipped in a format that should work, you'll need to remove the .zip to leave it as a bg1save.
  • HechadaHechada Member Posts: 12
    How would this work for IWD? Same file name extension?
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Hechada said:

How would this work for IWD? Same file name extension?

The file name extension for IWD should be: " .iwdsave "
  • catch6229catch6229 Member Posts: 29
    Hey guys. Two year anniversary of trying this. Sadly, I once knew how to do this but have since long forgot. I'm actually at the same exact error. I've copied the save from the Ipad, unzipped, opened and edited in EE Keeper, rezipped and changed the name of the file back to .iwdsave (its for Icewind Dale this time, but having the same issue for BG2). THen I email it back to myself. I see the option from email to open in Icewind Dale. But when I click that option - no dice. The file doesn't pop up in the list of saved games.

Anyone wise enough in the ways to offer some aid? Much obliged!!
    Make sure you have only zipped the files (sav, gam) and not the folder they are in too. Also make sure the iwdsave is lower case