Skip to content

Can't talk to Edwin

I've been sent to Edwin, he first insults me a bit, but then I can't engaged him in dialog, he is just turning around, but nothing happens when I click on his character. I think it is something similar as in here:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/32043/edwins-quests-wont-start

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Since it sounds like the same problem as in the thread to which you link, I recommend posting your report to that thread, where @Gate70 is seeking additional examples of the same issue.
    Gate70
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    @trupik could you zip and attach a save please, here is good as the other link is in an archive area.

Also, any information as to whether your game is modded.
    Thanks
  • trupiktrupik Member Posts: 5
    I have installed a couple of mods. I was hoping this can be solved by some console commands?
    You could try the command in the thread you mentioned earlier, if that doesn't work zip and attach a save.
    Thanks
    That thread mentions a variable that needs to be reset, but could you tell me how that's done? I don't know anything about the syntax or the scripting language used... If you could tell me what command I should run...
    Well, looks like I overlooked the command not being mentioned in that thread...and I can't remember how I did it. Would be easiest if you attach a save.
    Here it is, thanks
    OK, save edited via NearInfinity, Edwin's out of party character numoftimestalkedto set from 1 to 0.
    (hopefully that should remind me of the cause).

Can you remember anything that may have caused the issue.
    - Did you import from BG:EE and if so was Edwin encountered there, or a party member.
    - Did you do anything like a save, speak to him, reload, try to speak to him and fail.
    -
    JuliusBorisov
    I'm sorry, but the fix did not help - when I talk to Edwin now, it really starts from the beginning (where he calls me a simian) and after this the dialog closes and I can't talk to him again.
    This is what I get with that save.

I'd guess one or more mods have changed things in your install so here's a save after the event. You may also want to consider renaming your game folder and running a clean install alongside the modded one in case you get any later issues.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @trupik - in order that other players can know when to be on the lookout for this issue, it might be helpful if you mention what mods you have installed.