Skip to content

Your favourite NPC

2»

Comments

• SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Viconia hands down my favorite NPC in the series.

Most hated would be Anomen, because Annoyomen is the poncest ponce to ever ponce past a poncing parlor. Really the only reason to ever have him in a party is so Jan can take the mickey out of him.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    I really need a mod that allows you to offer Anomen to the demon lord in Ust Natha. And then he refuses to take him, with appropriate snark. "Him?! Oh Nine HELLS no!"
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    I won't be super original if I'm gonna say Imoen, Jaheira and Khalid are my all time favs..
    In BG2 when Khalid is found irreversibly-dead.. man, the feels :bawling:
    Also in second game, Nalia pretty much joins the squad.

And whom I *hate*? Viconia.. filthy drow! -.-
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I prefer: Jan, Mazzy, Kel, Haer'Dalis.
    All are interresting in their own way, some due to their banter, others due to their quests. Also, Yoshi is interresting due to his 'cautious' nature which I find refreshing in a setting where pretty much every other NPC never hesitates fighting every enemy you meet. I quite rarely use him though since I'm not a big fan of thief NPC's.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Jan, Imoen and Minsk.

Also I don't find Aerie so whiny, she is, but she has lost her wings, she can not fly animore. We can not fly, or maybe we do it in dreams, but i guess that is an amazing experience and people that do it with hang gliders confirm it, I consider the lost of wings closer to the loss of the eyes than to the loss of let's say a hand or a leg. And for her was something innate like for us to see.
    This don't make her one of my favorite NPCs, she is from a functional point of wiew but that does not matter in this topic, this just means that I can easily tollerate her being whiny.

I tried to recruit Edwin in the past, but is the only NPC that really hurts my nerves, usually I send him to the Copper Coronet in few minutes or, when I don't roleplay a good character, I kill him in the most cruel way I can find.....
  • MrNoobyMrNooby Member Posts: 131

Jan, Imoen and Minsk.

Also I don't find Aerie so whiny, she is, but she has lost her wings, she can not fly animore. We can not fly, or maybe we do it in dreams, but i guess that is an amazing experience and people that do it with hang gliders confirm it, I consider the lost of wings closer to the loss of the eyes than to the loss of let's say a hand or a leg. And for her was something innate like for us to see.
    This don't make her one of my favorite NPCs, she is from a functional point of wiew but that does not matter in this topic, this just means that I can easily tollerate her being whiny.

I tried to recruit Edwin in the past, but is the only NPC that really hurts my nerves, usually I send him to the Copper Coronet in few minutes or, when I don't roleplay a good character, I kill him in the most cruel way I can find.....

I killed him even when I did roleplay a good character.

During the questline in which you obtain him, I took the key but refused his help, then , as he walked down the hallway...he had an unfortunate run-in with Jaheria and Keldorn - who were blocking his exit, with I and Yoshimo blocking the direction he walked from. We quickly set him straight.
    Why must you insufferable monkeys always AAAAAAGHHHHHH :smiley:

Good job bro!
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Neverused said:

Aerie would be my favorite, personality-wise. One of the only ones, if not the only one, that realizes that goodness ought to be more than killing evil people.

Exactly! Like in the slaver quest--saving those children is very important. The XP isn't much, but the reputation boosts save you a lot of money.
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    Haha, the reputation increases aren't that bad either. :grin:
  • jinxed75jinxed75 Member Posts: 157

Really? His lines are hilarious for me, and his voice actor is so damn fantastic. He's got that smug bastard attitude really nailed on.
    I could never play a run of BG2 without Edwin. Half of the game's moments of laughter are tied to him.

Other favorites are Minsc, Jan, Sarevok, Viconia, Korgan, Nalia, and Imoen.

• TwentyTwenty Member Posts: 52
    Viconia, Keldorn, Mazzy and Minsc.
  • jinxed75jinxed75 Member Posts: 157

Why must you insufferable monkeys always ask these inane questions? I think you can tell who my favorite NPC is.

Edwin do this, Edwin do that. Go someone get this jerk a banana :D Ooone day....ooone day....
    jinxed75 said:

Really? His lines are hilarious for me, and his voice actor is so damn fantastic. He's got that smug bastard attitude really nailed on.

I don't play EE and don't play an english version of BG2.
    And this makes a lot of difference because the voice is really important in liking or disliking a NPC.
    So maybe I would like more the english spaking red mage.
    I have to look on youtube, and listen.
    I know from Youtube the voices of Minsk, that is very good, maybe even better in my language, Imoen an Jaheera.
    English speaking Immy define better her character of young woman ever ready for some prank or joke but overall also "my" Immy is not much changed.
    Jaheera is completely different, I like very much the english speaking fighter druid, whit that "speack your mind", that voice a little harsh.
    Everytime my Jaheera open the mouth is really pedantic, whith a softer voice but resembles an old authoritarian aunt that distributes pills of ethic, and comes out completely different as NPC.

So maybe whith the english voice that calling everybody monkey can be hilarious, but my Edwin is really irritating in doing it and I just cant tollerate it for more then few minutes.

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Fair point, @gorgonzola - playing in a different language can change the feel of a character considerably, and in particular is highly likely to change the humorousness.
  • NhullNhull Member Posts: 37
    No love for Korgan? I dont know why but he is a staple for me, just love his character.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Edwin

There's no contest.
    He is the best spellcaster and he is the most amusing.
    Plus he has the best line when you end up in hell.

I never play evil so a few beggers pay the price for keeping him in the party. It is a farce that somebody like Edwin would ever be upset that your reputation is really high when that would allow so much manipulation for him, he'd be delighted.

He's the only NPC who get's "it", the game is about power, regardless of trying to do the right thing. He wants/needs power, so do you.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I find Edwin's voice in BG2 amusing. In BG1, it's just grating and shouty.
  • vishvish Member Posts: 49
    Jan, Minsc, Korgan, Viconia, Edwin, Yoshimo... I can't pick.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Imoen, Jaheira and Sarevok are classic favorites. Valygar is incredibly unappreciated, I'm guessing due to Minsc's popularity. I could never hate Anomen. But I think Yoshimo is still my favorite. I've never cared much for Jan though.