Skip to content

Alright, let's do this!

TwentyTwenty Member Posts: 52
How much are you willing to pay for the game?

No more than $10(Good)
I'd pay $15-$20(Neutral)
It's the first expansion since I was a kid, they have ALL the voice actors back, it's definitely worth $30(Lunatics and mad men!)
I suck-up to Beamdog, so I'm announcing that I'd pay them anything(but in actual fact, I'm not paying more than $15)!(Evil)

Edit: Shit, I don't know how to do a poll

Comments

• LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    I honestly don't know how much I'd pay for this expansion.

The truth is that the price in a vacuum means nothing. It should be Price/Quality, where quality is a measurement of gaming experience and length. That said, the higher the price the better the game has to be to avoid disappointing buyers.

I will probably pay anything for this expansion. But as I explained above the higher the price they set, the better the expansion has to be to justify it. If they don't live up to their price, then I'll be disappointed. If that happens I will be more reluctant to buy any of their products in the future.

• NhullNhull Member Posts: 37
    $20 would be fine to me, get higher than that and I'll still pay it, but I dont expect it.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I'm sticking with $19.98.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Shouldn't that be the other way around? Good being the generous, stupid guys who would give money away to the devs, evil the selfish bastards that would want to keep their money for themselves and pay the minimum...

(You know, the Evil will always triumph because the Good is dumb)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2016
    Twenty said:

Edit: Shit, I don't know how to do a poll

As Rodian pointed out @Bengoshi did one some time ago. But for future reference if you click the downwards pointing triangle next to the "New Discussions" button it should let you select a new poll.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • FeytorFeytor Member Posts: 57
    Simple question,simple answer:
    I will buy it. :smiley:

• ThaxllssillyiaThaxllssillyia Member Posts: 7
    Feytor said:

Simple question,simple answer:
    I will buy it. :smiley:

Exactly.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I wish I could change my vote to $20. The scope has grown beyond my expectations, and the talent pool is impressive.
  • SithdreadnaughtSithdreadnaught Member Posts: 22
    FREE, with in app purchases!
    ...Just kidding....

FREE, with in app purchases!
    ...Just kidding....

That may be the only way they could make me not want their game.
  • Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    30 quid is fine. Throne of bhaal was 30 quid back in the day and now this looks to be similar.Inflation also and what not.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I would pay TWO, count 'em, TWO WHOLE :cookie:S for this game!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Nimran said:

How big are these cookies? :)
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    elminster said:

Nimran said:

How big are these cookies? :)
    As big as your hat, which I would say is pretty big for :cookie:s... and hats.
  • rjmacreadyrjmacready Member Posts: 91
    If the slow estimates on hours of playtime are even halfway accurate Id be willing to pay $30 (well 20 something pounds anyway). With the amount modern triple a titles charge for pretty mediocre dreck I dont see it as too unreasonable given the risk of adding new content to such an aged(classic) title. I (unfortunately) paid about as much for a Fallout 4 season pass and Im expecting the DLC to be as disappointing as the main game was, yet with SoD its the first and only thing Im yearning for in early 2016.
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    I'd buy 2 copies at 20$, since my wife and I both play. Well, honestly I'd probably pay whatever as long as it didn't go past 60$ or so, but the higher the price, the higher standard I hold things to.
    edited February 2016
    Bigfish said:

... Well, honestly I'd probably pay whatever as long as it didn't go past 60$ or so, but the higher the price, the higher standard I hold things to.

This!
    It is quite simple really and common sense. The more you pay for a product, the more you expect from it.
    Another common sense rule is that the more a product cost, the more research I'll do before purchase. This is of course not a problem if your product actually lives up to the price, as long as you stay within reason. Probably not going to spend more than 100 dollars on a game no matter the quality for an example.