Skip to content

Switching "extra spell slot" weapon effects with other items

The user and all related content has been deleted.
semiticgoddessFeytorSkatan

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Long Sword +3: Enforcer (an extra 1st and 2nd level mage spell) and Morning Star of the Gods (an extra 1st and 2nd level cleric spell).

An easy way to get lost spells back is to use Wondrous Recall, presuming you have an 11th-level cleric using one of these weapons. I tried expanding the power of Wondrous Recall once but if you set it to recharge 6th-level spells for a 14th-level cleric then you really break the game because your cleric never has to sleep to memorize spells again; that effect was too powerful, even for an HoF game.

You may combine the Boots of the Forgotten Ones, the Ring of Holiness, and one of these weapons to get quite a few extra cleric spells; you gain 3/2/1/1 just from the boots and ring alone. With the Sanctified War Hammer +3 your bonus spells become 5/3/2/1.

I do not know how the effects stack. Will equipping a Mage Dagger +2 before equipping Kontik's Ring of Wizardy give you one extra 1st- and 2nd-level spell before doubling them or will it double your base spells then add one? *shrug* I guess I should find out. I think Evermemory (not sure if you can find it in the game but the file is there) and Kontik's Ring would quadruple your 1st-level spells. Does your wild mage really need 20 uses of Nahal's Reckless Dweomer?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    hrm...that's not a bad idea, @subtledoctor. Let the +1 weapons give a Wondrous Recall at, say, 3rd level (so it will refresh a 3rd level spell first, then a 2nd level if all 3rd-level slots are filled, etc), let the +2 weapons restore a 4th-level spell, and the +3 a 5th-level once per day. Of course, since these effects are once per day we could raise those limits to 4th, 5th, and 6th, respectively--cast Heal, equip the item, use it, then recover your lost Heal spell right away.

Instead of a global effect that applies when equipped it would be a magical use, once per day. reset upon rest. Shouldn't be too difficult to edit this.
    semiticgoddess
    NearInfinity has that relatively new extended search fearure that lets you search items for a particular opcode; the two in question here would be 42 (bonus wizard spells) and 62 (bonus priest spells).
    semiticgoddess
    I am a complete novice when it comes to Weidu. I keep telling myself I will learn more of it and become more skilled at it but I never take the time to do it.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    How do PnP rules deal with this characteristic? Is the player supposed to keep the weapon at hand?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    semiticgoddess
  • FeytorFeytor Member Posts: 57

[..............] cast MMM or SR Magic Stone, you lose that spell.

didn't know that MM also lost the spell :(

Makes my mage look rather silly:

-Yo mage drop the dagger and get your sling!!!
    -No I will lose my extra spell
    -You already lost it noobmage!
    -oh I didnt knew that

Also if I recall correctly, un-equiping deletes the last spell slot in your wizz book. Not an empty slot.

all-in-all, you can put me down for +spells on belts etc. and once a day use on weapons.

greetings from a noobmage :smiley:
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Don't know enough about IWD to propose which items to switch effects from, but this sure sounds like a glorious idea.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Here are the items (weapons-only). It's fewer than you might think.

Wizard:
    UDAGG2B.ITM (Mage Dagger +1)
    UDAGG3B.ITM (Mage Dagger +2)
    UDAGG4B.ITM (Mage Dagger +3)
    UDAGG5A.ITM (Mage Dagger +4)
    ULSWD4B.ITM (Long Sword +3: Enforcer)

Priest:
    U1HAM2A.ITM (Sanctified War Hammer +1)
    U1HAM4B.ITM (Sanctified War Hammer +3)
    U2HAM3A.ITM (Sanctified War Hammer +2)
    XU2HAM3.ITM (Sanctified War Hammer +2)
    UMSTR3B.ITM (Sanctified Morning Star +3)
    UMSTR4A.ITM (Morning Star of the Gods +3)

I'd be willing to put something together (I'm in the middle of a IWDEE playthrough, so I've got a vested interest in it :wink: ). @subtledoctor's suggested Wondrous Recall would probably be closest to the original intent of the items (i.e., more spells per day).
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited January 2016
    Here's a quick mod to convert these extra spell slot items to items with a once per day 'Restore Spells' power.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention that I was lazy and its BYOW (Bring Your Own WeiDU). :smile:
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    MathsorcererBillyYank