Skip to content

Don't Know where to put this discussion but eh

XeroshiXeroshi Member Posts: 182
edited November 2015 in Challenges and Playthroughs
i want a recommendation on a challenge play through on the easier side (Character made to fight lich gnomes as requested by my brain) so any recommendations. so like an easy solo run or easy duet or easy no reload.
Post edited by Xeroshi on
Gotural

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    as far as I know sorcerer is supposed to be decent, I didn't do too badly with mine.
    CrevsDaakFinneousPJGotural
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    bengoshi said:

If you want a solo character than can deal with everything, can use almost everything and feels badass nearly every second of the game, take FMT.

I'm playing one right now, a FMT. I agree that they can deal with everything, but not so badass with the vanilla level cap in BG:EE. I think spells maxed at level 3. I focused on quarterstaff and two handed style, hide and set traps, and shield and buff spells. Any tips on their use? links?
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Melf's Minute Meteors, Haste, Invisibility, and repeated backstabbing (all with Fighter THAC0) are enough to tear stuff up in BGEE. Get the Sandthief's Ring for extra casts of Invisibility. Throw in Web and one or more of {Fireball, Skull Trap, Wand of Fire, Necklace of Missiles, Arrows of Detonation}, and you've got a monster on your hands.
    FinnTheHumanJuliusBorisovGoturallolien
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    Awsome! Thanks!
    JuliusBorisovjoluvGoturallolien
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    To add to what the others said, I would also recommend using a ranged weapon at the start of BG1 and focusing on dual wielding.

My best build so far has been

Level 1 daggers ** scimitars **
    Level 3 DW * level 6 DW **

Or replacing daggers with longbows, or taking dual wielding at level 1 and scimitars at levels 3/6.
    lolien
  • XeroshiXeroshi Member Posts: 182
    Wow i thought this game was balanced
    lolien
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864

I'm playing one right now, a FMT.................... I focused on quarterstaff and two handed style, hide and set traps, and shield and buff spells.

The chance to hide succesfully is calculated averaging Hide in Shadows and Move Silently, but only MS determine how long you are hidden after the check. So is better to spend all the skill points in MS, same chance to hide and more time to reach a backstab position.
    The check to hide is rolled at the beginning of each round and also the light factor in, so with a low average between HIS and MS is not possible to hide in full daylight. But hiding in a shadowed corner and having a positive check is possible to move into full light as long as MS allow. If you are not true sighted, thing that override the MS hide time.
    Backstabbing is an art and these are the basics, the skilled rogue get a feeling for this, know where is easy to hide, spots the low light points just after a corner in a dungeon so can run away after a backstab, glad that the enemy is following him. Because he know that turned that corner, in the short time when he is out of enemy wiew he will hide again ready for the second backstab.
    But this require timing, if he backstabs too early the first time he will turn the corner before the other round begin and the hide icon will not be active. This make MS so important, the more you stay hidden the more you can use correct timing and don't have to rush to backstab.
    Backstabbing is a difficoult art to master, but if you do becomes very powerfull. A low level thief that has mastered it (the player) can easily kill a fighter that have 10 levels more and plenty of HP, whith multiple backstabs, without reciving any damage. Without mislead, invisibility potions, speed boots or ohter stuff. He and his weapon alone. And staves are the best backstabbing weapons not (not only) because some of them do an amazing damage, but because he can backstab from a little more distant and begin to run avoiding the fighter backfire......

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @gorgonzola There's no difference between Hide in Shadows and Move Silently skills. The game just averages the two scores together every time (i.e. (HiS + MS)/2). What you say has been a legend for a long time but now it's certain.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/370098#Comment_370098

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40454/hide-in-shadows-vs-move-silently
    gorgonzolaGoturallolienMusigny
    I didn't know.
    As I told backstabbing is a difficoult art to master,
    when you think you know almost all about it................... :smile:
    JuliusBorisov
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    Backstabbing ... for some strange reasons, whenever I thought I am behind the enemy ... IT DIDN'T work D:
    Quite frustrating X_X
    Many possible reasons....
    He is immune, he moves and you are no more behind, you are too slow and your invisibility has expired, you use a weapon that can not backstab, you do something wrong like change weapon as you are hidden before you hit (in notEE if you want to do so you have to change it in inventory screen and not using the buttons in the regoular screen).