Skip to content

Gold Box Games question.

123457»

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,151
    That is a viable party. Just remember multi classes will always advance more slowly.
    They work best either in secondary/support roles (like you did here) or in a much smaller party. But a smaller party is very disadvantaged getting started, with less ability to both deal and take damage until the advantages of splitting experience fewer ways can start to take root.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I think the party you have sounds good. It's been a long time since I've played so I don't know how much undead you will be dealing with (if any), but being one level lower for your Cleric/thief probably won't be a big deal otherwise. And since clerics and thieves are two of the fastest of the advancers, you shouldn't be more than 1-2 levels behind. I think it will be fine.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Tomorrow is when I get another chance to play the game at length, I think I will alter the party to that second set with less multiclasses.
    :O! So I was with my significant other in a store that sells games from prior console systems. Came across this and bought it.

So playing Champions of Krynn and it's great <3

My party saved Cameron (I think that was how you spelled the name) and defeated the evil Cleric to access the rest of Throtl. My Red Wizard now knows 2nd level spells, specifically stinking cloud. Does anyone know if you can buy mage scrolls later to scribe or are they limited?
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I do not recall if there are stores which sell scrolls--there should be but I haven't played CoK in over 20 years--but you can find them as random drops. It is possible to edit the scrolls in your inventory to change what spells they have on them but the only way I know of doing that is to break out the hex editor. I think there is a Gold Box editor but I would have to look for it.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    As with @Mathsorcerer it has been so long that I don't rightly recall. But I can't believe that there aren't ways to pick up more scrolls and spells in the game. I'm sure that some are random drops, but I would bet money that you can buy some somewhere as well. Then again, I buy the occasional lottery ticket so...