Skip to content

[DUPE] Avenger druid kit not functioning as described (multiple bugs)

vassilevvassilev Member Posts: 12
edited February 2016 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
[Windows] [Steam] Avenger druid shapeshift forms not functioning as described in the description

1. Start a new game in The Black Pits or Baldur's Gate
2. Create an Avenger druid character
3. Use the Debug Mode cheat to level up your character to the max level
4. Shapeshift

Bug #1 Sword Spider form - wrong description in the toolbar
Observed
Shapeshift description: "Shapeshift: Spider"

Expected
Shapeshift description should be: "Shapeshift: Sword Spider"

Bug #2 Sword Spider form - shapeshift form does not have haste.
Observed
Sword Spider form has 4 attacks per round but does not have haste. Movement speed is normal.

Expected
Sword Spider form should have haste (like normal Sword Spiders in the game). Movement speed should be hasted.

Bug #3 Fire Salamander form - has haste
Observed
Fire Salamander form has haste

Expected
Fire Salamander form should not have haste (like normal Fire Salamanders in the game)

Bug #4 Baby Wyvern form's poison does not deal any damage.
Observed
Hitting in the Baby Wyvern form causes physical damage and the poison symbol to appear on the character card. But the poison does not deal damage.

EDIT: The poison does not deal damage to units below level 6. But works normally on units level 6 and above.

Expected
Baby Wyvern form's poison should deal damage (like the normal Baby Wyverns in the game).

Notes
This issue affects normal Baldur's Gate and The Black Pits.
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I believe some of these are working by design (the polymorph forms and Avenger forms are different from the wilderness varieties you'll encounter as enemies), but they may be worth taking a look at anyway. Since each of these is a different creature, though, they'll need to be filed as separate bugs before we can investigate them thoroughly.
  • vassilevvassilev Member Posts: 12
    Ok. Would it be better if I make 4 different posts then?
    It might. You can draft them in this thread first if that makes it easier for you, but when we're logging things we'll need to be able to assign unique ticket numbers if they're real issues that need fixing.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    vassilev said:

Bug #4 Baby Wyvern form's poison does not deal any damage.
    Observed
    Hitting in the Baby Wyvern form causes physical damage and the poison symbol to appear on the character card. But the poison does not deal damage.

Expected
    Baby Wyvern form's poison should deal damage (like the normal Baby Wyverns in the game).

To Help with this one:
    In BG:EE, the weapon used for Wyvern Polymorph, "PLYWYVRN.ITM", has a minimum level/hd of "6" set on the Poison effect, so it will never trigger against a creature that is level 5 or below. The Icon has no such minimum level, and neither effect has a minimum level set in BG2:EE.
  • vassilevvassilev Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2016
    kjeron said:

vassilev said:

To Help with this one:
    In BG:EE, the weapon used for Wyvern Polymorph, "PLYWYVRN.ITM", has a minimum level/hd of "6" set on the Poison effect, so it will never trigger against a creature that is level 5 or below. The Icon has no such minimum level, and neither effect has a minimum level set in BG2:EE.
    Just tested this out, you were right! I attacked my other characters when they were level 6 and the poison did in fact do damage. Will update my description of the bug, thanks.

EDIT: I've individualised the bugs into 4 different discussions as Dee advised. The forum moderators can close/delete this discussion thread. Don't know how to do it myself, sorry.
    Post edited by vassilev on
    Thanks for breaking these up, @vassilev - I'll make sure they get at least one pair of eyes on them. As I said, some of them may be working by design, but one way or another we'll take a look.
This discussion has been closed.