Skip to content

What Was Your Greatest Challenge in BG?

2»

Comments

• GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    I will add a new Greatest Challenge though, which is the time I faced down Karoug with a party of clerics plus Imoen - who was dualed into mage but did not yet have her thief skills back. The only weapon we could use to hurt him was Imoen with the butter knife.
    JuliusBorisovdunbarsemiticgoddessatcDave
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Imoen the wolf Butcher.
    GreenWarlock
  • AriathorAriathor Member Posts: 8
    My first time through one of the non-magic zones in Watcher's Keep. The one that has a perpetual trap right at the entrance. My CHARNAME had was a sorcerer that had reached epic levels, so I had cranked up the difficulty to insane and if any fight proved too challenging I could just steam-roll through it using Time Stop + Improved Alacrity. But this non-magic zone, in combination with trying to map the maze was the first I encountered an actual obstacle that I didn't know how to handle. That was the one of the two times in the whole run where Imoen's magic skills proved useful(I had her cast a chain contingency with 3 x Wilting through limited wish).
    GreenWarlockloliendunbar
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    In an unmodded game it was my first dragon
    the Shadow one

At that time I knew very little of game mechanics, MR, use of the spells, APR and so on. I didn't even read the manual, just installed the game and created my first charname, a fighter.
    After a lot of reloads I managed to have it badly injured, with all my toons near death and I decided to try that Monster Summoning Wand that I had saved for some very special battle.
    I was lucky
    the Gnolls with enchanted halberds killed Traxi

In a modded one Tactics last battle with Irenicus, I did find also the beginning dungeon and the Red Badge hard, but was Irenicus splitted in 5 that gave me the most problems.

In ToB the Fire Giants, I had more problems the first time I met them (and was a modded game) then with their boss or the other ToB bosses.
    JuliusBorisovSkatan
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Continue playing it after my second play through.
    gorgonzola
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    Killing Aec-Letec fairly in one battle.
    [Deleted User]atcDave
  • haniatri72haniatri72 Member Posts: 25
    By far the hardest thing I've done is not killing noober. He's just so irritating!
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    The hardest battle i've done is with the scs mod the final floor of the Iron throne building. That is one tough party with four spell casters and four melee cast. The only way I was able to beat it in this last playthrough was to have Imoen and Dynaheir just spam fireballs with the wands of fireballs at the spell casters. Ridiculously hard that battle.
    JuliusBorisov