Skip to content

PST conversion

AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
edited February 2016 in General Modding
Unfortunately, something has come up and I won't have the time to work on this project for a while. I appreciate everyone who contacted me regarding working on this project.

Maybe I'll resume it someday...

Original text below.

I caused a bit of a stir on Gibberlings3 back in the summer when I started making inquires regarding porting areas from one game to another and adding offsets to an entire dialog.tlk file. If you guessed that I was working on a port of Planescape Torment into the Enhanced Engine, you would have been correct. To quote @cmorgan,
dear gods.

why.
As one would expect when porting from one finicky engine to another, there is a lot of stuff that needs to be done. While I am usually content to do most of the work by myself, the scale of this mod exceeds both my abilities and my freetime. To that end, I am looking for modders with a variety of talents to help me make this dream a reality.

While I will gladly accept any help offered, three types of modders that I am particularly looking for are UI gurus, scripters and BAM editors. I am also looking for a portrait artist. If you think you might be interested in helping with this undertaking, please contact me via this thread or via private message.

To give everyone a taste of what is to come:

As our dear little rogue modron would say,
Nordom and crossbows wish to go in search for trouble!
Post edited by Aquadrizzt on
KamigoroshiJuliusBorisovlolienGrammarsaladinethSpaceInvaderPeccaronaldoCrevsDaak

Comments

• GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    edited February 2016
    It looks gorgeous, but I wonder how the licensing of this would work. Will the mod check for installed versions of both games before importing assets into a modded game version, like TuTu importing BG1 assets into the BG2 engine?

[edit to fix typos]
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    @GreenWarlock, when this is released, it will have something like Trilogy/TuTu where it checks whether both games are installed before proceeding. I have a pretty reliable system in place for converting items/creatures/scripts from Planescape's format to EE's, and I'm working on a similar setup for dialogs.
    GreenWarlockKamigoroshilolienCrevsDaak
  • MindmoilMindmoil Member Posts: 8
    Still a learner, but I would like to pitch in however I can.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    edited February 2016
    Try to get in touch with k4thos(@swit ?) who's working on very similar stuff for the IWD2 to EE port maybe? You might be able to help each others.
    Post edited by GrimLefourbe on
    lolien
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Thanks @bengoshi for the heads up. Interesting project have you here @Aquadrizzt .
    JuliusBorisov
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    You have my Like and my moral support.
    Also my sword, my bow...AND MY AXE!
    Aquadrizztlolien
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    @Mindmoil, I have all sorts of stuff for people to do, send me a message and I can find something that you could work on.

@GrimLefourbe, I haven't contacted them, but I'll look into it. The issues with converting IWD2 are different than the issues with converting PST though (e.g. IWD2 uses a different rule set, whereas Planescape just uses different scripting/dialog standards.)
    CrevsDaak