Skip to content

Survey of Depression Over the Death of a Fictional Character.

2»

Comments

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    edited February 2016
    Quite what does it say about me that I dragged around Khalid into every battle with the intent to have him killed off?

I've felt sad at the loss of a character. The Walking Dead has a tendency to do that on a regular basis. The deaths of Dale and Hershel hit me hard as did the
    almost death of Glenn
    that happened earlier this season.

I can't think of a video game character that made me sad to see die, but certainly in books and in movies there have been a few. One character in particular at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy as for instance.

I'd mirror that I think "Depression" is the wrong word here. Even 'made you depressed' doesn't quite fit for me. But these character losses absolutely made me sad.

Male, late 40s.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    Nice survey, but I'am pretty sure in this forum 90% will say yes. When I like a character I can easily feel depression or rage. Or even in this last walking dead episode, the death of a non important character like jessie can make me sad!
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Skatan said:

The OP hasn't responded or been active since september, so don't think this survey is active. I didn't notice that myself until after I had replied.

Gosh, I hope he didn't get an "F".