Skip to content

What does the Familiar Say ?

we all know and Love our little HP Extending Inventory Sponges , but what do they actually say ?
I know that the Imp is a Grudgy lil bastard always watching out then you hit him again , or that the Pseudo Dragon Likes to roast Apples, i also know that they actually change their Dialog of the "any advice for me ?" question depending on the Chapter your in , but never could find a list of those, and im not really feeling to play the game for every Alignment just to find out :P

so anyone know a place where you could read up on those ?

Comments

• DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    edited February 2016
    Tresset said:

Good Familiars

To be continued...

still a scurb with the quoting in this forum so i hope it works :P thanks alot Tresset <3

edit: to be honest only the Pseudo Dragon and the Imp are of Concern to me ^^ first because ..its a tiny dragon ! <3 second because its almost always the Alignment i choose (if not restricted to another) because being lawful evil IS the very best there is !

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited February 2016
    The way it works is that all the familiars of the same alignment on the good/evil axis have the same dialogs. In other words: the Pseudodragon and Fairy Dragon say the exact same things; The Imp, Quazit, and Dust Mephit say the exact same things; and the Rabbit, Ferret, and Cat say the exact same things. So there are only 3 different dialogs for all of the various familiars in the game.

I hope to finish copy/pasting the rest of the advice strings tomorrow if I have time.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Finished.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Amazing work, thank you a lot!

Now the only thing left is to check dialogues for BGEE and IWDEE... ;)
    bengoshi said:

Amazing work, thank you a lot!

Now the only thing left is to check dialogues for BGEE and IWDEE... ;)

give the Squirrel a Break ! , thanks Tresset <3
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    edited February 2016
    great! the evil familiars were always the most entertaining. i seem to remember you can kick and threaten them too...

edit: i didn't mean to make it sound like i'm a terrible imp-kicking person....
    simples said:

great! the evil familiars were always the most entertaining. i seem to remember you can kick and threaten them too...

edit: i didn't mean to make it sound like i'm a terrible imp-kicking person....

well too late , you are a horrible imp kicking person !
  • wraith5641wraith5641 Member Posts: 500
    @wraith5641
    Stuart aint taking shit from no Sorting hat.
    @DevardKrown I wouldn't even bother turning up to the ceremony. I would just buy my own rabbit and be done with it :(

@DevardKrown I wouldn't even bother turning up to the ceremony. I would just buy my own rabbit and be done with it :(

but your run of the Mill market rabbit has no 1-3 Int more than a Familiar Rabbit and no telepathic link ! good luck sending it out a scout...it would rather end up on a spit roast of a Gnoll..
    @DevardKrown That's true, and at least it would be easier to look after :)

• BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    Can you guys imagine when your familiar dies?
    You are telepathically linked and you witnessed and feel 1st hand the "horror of dying" X_X
    Especially when the Gnoll roast that "wabbit" ALIVE =.=
    Bubbles said:

Can you guys imagine when your familiar dies?
    You are telepathically linked and you witnessed and feel 1st hand the "horror of dying" X_X
    Especially when the Gnoll roast that "wabbit" ALIVE =.=

i can Imagine taking a 1 Point Permanent hit to Constitution and 9 Damage ! also flashbacks at every campfire O_O
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Sorting Hat: "For you, Stuart.....a ferret."
    Wow, cheeeesy! :smiley: