Skip to content

Release date?

fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
Is there already a release date? I want to plat BB1 again, but I think I rather wait untl the next patch comes out.

Is there an ETA for the expansion?
MusignyGotural

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited February 2016
    Yesterday there was a Siege of Dragonspear livestream with the developers. If you missed it you can still watch the recording here: http://www.twitch.tv/beamdog/v/40803256

During the stream, it has been said: "Keep an eye on the Beamblog with regards to the release date over the next few weeks."
    MusignyGotural
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    ...which also means you have a lot of time for a new BG1 playthrough.
    JuliusBorisovDaevelonGotural
  • SithdreadnaughtSithdreadnaught Member Posts: 22
    Ugh
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Release date it set but unknown.
    This thread could be a guessing game about the release date.
    After we get to know it, there could be a reward for forumite who will have the closest guess.

My first guess:
    March 29
    JuliusBorisov
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    brus said:

Release date it set but unknown.
    This thread could be a guessing game about the release date.
    After we get to know it, there could be a reward for forumite who will have the closest guess.

My first guess:
    March 29

Seriously? After Easter? How could they be so mean?
    I hope for a big, fat March 21
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited February 2016
    I'd go with the release date several sites mention.

22 March 2016

After all, my guess the developers know the release date but just haven't announced it have turned to be right.
    Gotural
    Developers could also join the guessing game about the release date ;)
    procco
  • Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    I'm going to guess some point in April. It would be cool it were the 30 April as that was the same date as the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    1st April!
    deltago
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    i am not so much concerned by he release date. I just want to pre order, i really just want BeamDog to "take my money" i just want to know it's mine guaranteed. :)

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Mikey205 said:

I'm going to guess some point in April. It would be cool it were the 30 April as that was the same date as the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion.

I hope it's not April 22nd. That's my wedding anniversary and I don't want my wife mad at me for playing a silly game instead of spending time with her.
    brusBelgarathMTH
    edited February 2016
    BillyYank said:

Mikey205 said:

I hope it's not April 22nd. That's my wedding anniversary and I don't want my wife mad at me for playing a silly game instead of spending time with her.
    Which anniversary ? BG has about 18th anniversary. :smile:
    I hope it's not too personal. How do you manage the time for playing games and spending it with family ?
    Post edited by brus on
    brus said:

BillyYank said:

Mikey205 said:

Which anniversary ? BG has about 18th anniversary. :smile:
    I hope it's not too personal. How do you manage the time for playing games and spending it with family ?
    It'll be our 29th. I really only game a few hours a week, between family, work and my other hobbies, that's about all I can squeeze in.
    brus
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    edited February 2016
    I guessed 2016 Q2 a while ago, but it appears the rumors say the game will be out towards the end of Q1 instead. Since it was already delayed once I guess it isn't early, but if that happens it will certainly be earlier than I expected, which seems to be the vast minority of games, so thats something to be thankful for.

I'll stick with Q2 despite the rumors but refine my guess and go with a date that seems fitting considering all the lighthearted banter and fun that has accompanied the games development on the forums: April 1st.
    Post edited by Qbert on
    Has anyone else noticed there's a whole lot more blue background posts lately? Almost like some have got more time on their hands, or less restrictions.
    GoturaldunbarFaydark
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    BillyYank said:

Has anyone else noticed there's a whole lot more blue background posts lately? Almost like some have got more time on their hands, or less restrictions.

This is obliviously a ploy. Don't get your hopes up.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    BillyYank said:

Mikey205 said:

You wouldn't play a silly game on your anniversary. You'd play Baldur's Gate.

BillyYank said:

Mikey205 said:

I was speaking from her perspective.
    the_spyder
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

I bet February 31st. Who's with me?

March is too dusty and April too gusty...
    So, I'm voting for Octember the First!

(thanks Dr. Seuss!) :wink:
    the_spyder
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    BillyYank said:

Well with new gameplay footage out these things are bound to happen :)
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    I hope that announcement will feature both the release of the patches for BG:EE and BG2:EE and a date for the release of Dragonspear :smile:
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    My guess is mid April. Lets say the "stay tuned the next weeks" means 2 weeks. In two weeks they will tell us the release date. Now, it wouldnt make any sense to wait two weeks to tell us the release date and say: we will release tomorrow (or in one week). Usually exact release dates are given if the game is in beta. And once is in beta it takes from a few eeks to a few months for the game to be ready to the public. As the game has been in theworks for very long, and it is not a new engine, I think the beta period wont be long. Around a month. So, mid April.
    Vixent
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184
    If Beamdog tries to make an "early 2016" release date that would mean by the end of April. Based on if one interprets "early" as the 1st third of the year of 4 month blocks, (i.e; "mid" second third, "late" last third), similar to interpreting quarters as 3 month blocks.
    BillyYank said:

BillyYank said:

Mikey205 said:

Wait, you actually married a woman that doesn't GET Baldur's Gate? You poor brave soul.

BillyYank said:

BillyYank said:

Mikey205 said:

Wait, you actually married a woman that doesn't GET Baldur's Gate? You poor brave soul.
    I don't recall her ever playing any computer or video game. But she's a warrior woman in her own right, so it's all good.
    elminsterthe_spyder
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    Release date or RIOT! :P
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Member Posts: 24
    I hope the release isn't too far away as I've just finished BG:EE and want to crack on with BGII:EE, but have to wait now:(
    @BillyYank - Fair enough. I'm glad some folks are getting it right around here.