Skip to content

I discovered a new Easter Egg: Helm of charm protection

Ever wonder where the hell is Helm of charm protection despite it being available in the EEkeeper.

I finally found it. Included in the Easter is:

Extra Full Plate Mail
Extra Full Plate Mail +1
Extra Long Bow of Marksmanship
2x Helm of Charm Protection

*spoiler*

It can only be obtain by the use of Cheat code (unfortunately). Ctrl+Y those undead knight at the Firewine Ruin. There is no other way to kill them as they are immune to everything

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

Ever wonder where the hell is Helm of charm protection despite it being available in the EEkeeper.

I finally found it. Included in the Easter is:

Extra Full Plate Mail
    Extra Full Plate Mail +1
    Extra Long Bow of Marksmanship
    2x Helm of Charm Protection

It can only be obtain by the use of Cheat code (unfortunately). Ctrl+Y those undead knight at the Firewine Ruin. There is no other way to kill them as they are immune to everything
    They may have been changed since, but those guys certainly used to be vulnerable to poison damage. Dorn with Arrows of Detonation and Poison Weapon attacking a fire resistant bard you sent to stand in the middle of the group wiped the lot of them out.
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    edited February 2016
    bengoshi said:

You can kill those knights, actually.

You need poison for it. Use Dorn or/and Charname Blackguard (or Assassin). Equip the best things you can, buff your THAC0 (Bless, Aid, Chant, Luck spells + Potions), cast Haste. Activate Poison.

You'll probably need to rest after killing each of those knights and repeat the process.

You may also buy arrows of detonations so that you Poison affected all knights.

Another option is to use the Stupifier mace first, stun a knight and then attack him with poison - stunned enemy is hit automatically.

Have a look here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/18825/struggling-to-kill-the-ghost-knights-in-firewine-bridge-dungeon

I thought they are 100% Magic Resistance as well?

This exploit is basically worst than Drizzt and Shandalar... I rather they attack and they have no items to loot...

Any XP if u kill them?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    edited February 2016

Any XP if u kill them?

175 XP. And they have 100% resist to everything, but MR and damage immunity don't work to stop the AOE part of detonation from applying poison, or the poison itself. And best of all, you don't need to hit their -20 AC, just a naked sacrificial bard's 10 AC for 2+ applications per round. They have 100 HP and don't regenerate, so a hasted Dorn's 2 poison uses per day at level 5 with Haste is ~72 damage, so one rest should be enough for the lot of them.
    Btw their items, was it already existed right from vanilla BG?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

Btw their items, was it already existed right from vanilla BG?

yup
    Ahhh ok thanks. In vanilla bg i always avoided the horrible dungeon. Looks like they really hide smth there.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited February 2016
    What is it with ghostly warriors and Helms of Charm Protection? The spectral guards in Trials of the Luremaster also wear those helms.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited February 2016
    Probably they use this helmets to prevent a player from using Charm and obtain a invulnerable meat shield.
    hmm how is that even possible with all the saving and MR set at 1 and 100% respectively?
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    The Helmet of Charm Protection can be found in game if you install the Unfinished Business mod.
    I implement Helm of Charm protection in my own mod anyway somewhere in Duchal Palace...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Speaking of Easter Eggs ~ I noticed last time I played BG2 that one of the Merchants in Waukeen's Promenade has some paintings for sale. One of them is the Game Portrait of Osprey, one of the "training program" summoned for you by Obe in Candlekeep.

Sounds like you are running a mod.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    I wish the ghost knights would be made into real enemies with (reasonable but very high) stats if you do attack them. I just want those items legitimately without poison shenanigans. This is such a tease.

Ulcaster should also run shandalar's script when attacked and re-appear the next day like nothing happened.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    IIRC, in the pre-EE games those items could be easily pick-pocketed. Now that the EE equips those items though, you need to be a bit more ruthless to acquire your loot.

I wish the ghost knights would be made into real enemies with (reasonable but very high) stats if you do attack them. I just want those items legitimately without poison shenanigans. This is such a tease.

Ulcaster should also run shandalar's script when attacked and re-appear the next day like nothing happened.

Which is why I do my own modding to make them indestructible. How I do it is very simple, I equipped each of them with a ring of Regen plus a periapt proof against posion (amulet that is immune to posion).

However for fun I made one of them to be killable (The ghost knight with the halberd) by having no posion immune but in exchange comes with 400 HP. Did all various test and I killed him with a total of 60 Arrow of Denotation (which is the amount you can get maxed in game without counting undercity) with very very careful timing and >5 rests. For that effort when I killed him he dropped "Ring of Fire control", "Armor of faith +3 (Splint mail from BG2)" & "Dragonbane +3 (Halberd from BG2)". That is the only item you can get.

I also make Ulcaster gave me his "Ulcaster ring of academy" from IWDEE after i return him his dusty book.

Talk about rewarding achievement ;)
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    elminster said:

Speaking of Easter Eggs ~ I noticed last time I played BG2 that one of the Merchants in Waukeen's Promenade has some paintings for sale. One of them is the Game Portrait of Osprey, one of the "training program" summoned for you by Obe in Candlekeep.

Sounds like you are running a mod.
    As far as I remember just BG2, 2-3 basic recommended packages, and BG Tweaks - not the EE game.