Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    Depending on version/game, over the years the program has been known as Gate Keeper, Shadow Keeper, Dale Keeper and it's now known as EE Keeper (am I missing any? Is there a 'Torment Keeper' as well?)

If someone were vaguely aware of the program but had no real interest in using it themselves, it doesn't strike me as that unreasonable that they might not get the name 100%, given there's been so many. It seems clear from the context that they meant EE Keeper.
    [Deleted User]ScooterThacoBell
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BelgarathMTHDragonspear
  • Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    @Cendar Totally agree. Obviously we can fix with Keeper but that doesn't mean Beamdog can't look at it too. I've redone NPC stats and its very time consuming and easy to make mistakes. To be honest I'd much rather they looked at things like this than changing dialogue and inventory fonts.
    JuliusBorisovValamirCleaver
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    It's funny that you wear that claw on your finger. Isn't it actually bigger than your hand? :)
    Grammarsalad
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    edited February 2016
    It probably is :wink: Same thing for Horn.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Maybe this suggested quest is already in SoD :)
    JuliusBorisov
    It would be amazing ;)
    JuliusBorisov
    I like the idea of more and more items from the earlier games turning up in BG2 in random locations. The more the merrier. I'm against them appearing right at the start though because I like some balance.
    helmo1977
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    Now I'm curious: Did anyone of the Developers state wether or not the new items that can be imported into BG2 are NEW items? (meaning they are all part of the loot we pick up in SoD) That's how I imagined it to be. I guess it would be cool to see a mix of the two. :smile:
    Pretty sure they said in first live stream that there is a bard hat in SoD that can be imported into BG2.
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184

Raduziel said:

You brought peace into my heart, fellow.

I don't know if it will be any more peace of mind, but there's been Shamans in D&D since the 70s. Shamans and Witch Doctors are described on page 40 of the 1e AD&D DMG under the heading "TRIBAL SPELL CASTERS".
    Here's a link for a PDF hosted on Knights & Knaves Alehouse, a website for the 1E AD&D inspired retroclone OSRIC. On pages 17 & 18 there's information on Tribal Spell Casters, Shamans and Witch Doctors.
    http://knights-n-knaves.com/dmprata/Deitybase.pdf

http://www.knights-n-knaves.com/osric/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSRIC
    RaduzielJuliusBorisov
    edited February 2016
    rorikon said:

Depending on version/game, over the years the program has been known as Gate Keeper, Shadow Keeper, Dale Keeper and it's now known as EE Keeper (am I missing any? Is there a 'Torment Keeper' as well?)

If someone were vaguely aware of the program but had no real interest in using it themselves, it doesn't strike me as that unreasonable that they might not get the name 100%, given there's been so many. It seems clear from the context that they meant EE Keeper.

Are you sure he didn't possibly mean "Infinity Engine Savegame Editor", which also looks nothing like "DungeonKeeper" or "EE Keeper"?...
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/IEmodding/IESE.php

The point of my earlier post was; in his rush to dismissively reply to the effect of, "just use the saved game editor", to all those that posted that they would like continuity between imported saves from BG to BG2; MrSexton couldn't even get the name of the saved game editor correct. It's not that difficult, is it?...
    https://www.google.com/#q=save+game+editor+"baldur's+gate"+"enhanced+edition"
    Post edited by ValamirCleaver on
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited February 2016

lroumen said:

I'm not up to date with pnp. What is a void sword?
    Maybe it means a void-metal sword.

www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Void-Metal_(3.5e_Equipment)
    Does the void have have some connection with the void lich and Plane of Insanity ?
    JuliusBorisov
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited February 2016
    I like the Kazgaroth idea mentioned earlier.

BG2 dungeon spoiler I guess

Anyway does that doppelganger in Irenicus dungeon have any connection to the events that happened with Sarevok? Or was he just some random test subject Irenicus picked up at some point?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2016
    I agree its pretty crazy that he hadn't won one yet. :)
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
    Sikorsky said:

Kazgaroth the Beast is a powerful minion of Bhaal who last appeared on the Moonshae Isles. His origin is lost to the mists of time, but he is at least 5 centuries old."

Is it safe to assume that you've read pages 72-74 of TSR 9552 Villains' Lorebook?
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Villains'_Lorebook
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    elminster said:

I agree its pretty crazy that he hadn't won one yet. :)

I was convinced it was a conspiracy
    elminster

Sikorsky said:

Kazgaroth the Beast is a powerful minion of Bhaal who last appeared on the Moonshae Isles. His origin is lost to the mists of time, but he is at least 5 centuries old."

Is it safe to assume that you've read pages 72-74 of TSR 9552 Villains' Lorebook?
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Villains'_Lorebook
    I didn't, just Googled Kazgaroth.
    BTW Is it possible to get this book? It looks interessing.
    It used to be available as a free PDF download from the WotC website for the longest time (from about 1999 to 2008), but I would guess that in the upheaval of the website in the wake of the transition to 4E the availability of the free PDFs of the previous pre-3rd editions hosted there ceased. Though I imagine that if one were to google "TSR 9552 Villains' Lorebook" one could probably find some leads on how one could find the relevant information.
    Sikorsky
    edited February 2016
    According to Kazgaroth... I just read this:
    "The heart of Kazgaroth, a black, stonelike object of potent magical powers was recovered by Trahern and eventually found its way into the hands of HOBARTH, a powerful cleric of Bhaal."

This cleric HOBARTH is also mentioned in Villains Lorebook. It would be cool if Beamdog add Kazgaroth and Hobarth to the Sod story. I hope they did.

P.S.
    Check Villain's Lorebook pdf in google. For some reason link didn't work.
    JuliusBorisovValamirCleaverbrus
    That's for sure interesting, never knew about that.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited February 2016
    We need our Oscars pre-order badges!
    IchigoRXCGrammarsaladkaguana
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited February 2016
    If anyone doesn't know, Kazgaroth is the villain in the Darkwalker on Moonshae novel by Doug Niles.
    Sikorsky
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Apparently, there has been a pre-order button on the main site today!

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/713296/#Comment_713296
    RodrianValamirCleaverlolien