Skip to content

New BG:EE Portrait!

Comments

• KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695

Remind me after release and I'll put them up somewhere.

No problem. TIA. ;)
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Looks great, even though it's too Icewind Dale-ish.
  • RisingsunRisingsun Member Posts: 99

Sabotin said:

I like the more indian tones instead of the usual viking style. And when I look at her I'm thinking "pride" and "Angelina Jolie", haha.

This is actually one of our goals. There is a startlingly wide variety of ethnicities in the Forgotten Realms, and only a handful were represented in Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. While the Sword Coast is largely hispanic (although you'd never tell from looking at it in-game), there's no reason the PC can't trace their mortal lineage to somewhere as far away as Kara-Tur or Calimshan.
    Fantastic. That makes me really happy to hear. It's good to see that the game is as diverse as its real world player base.

serabiet
  • RisingsunRisingsun Member Posts: 99
    Quartz said:

My attitude on these new portraits: Meh, I don't like them, I won't be using them, I'll be using the old ones. But other people DO like them, so all the power to them, hope you all enjoy! :)

Good on you. That's very big of you. A lot of people would just throw a lot of hate and demand things change to meet their expectations.

QuartzKarriepaulsifer42
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    I really like this one. If I were fond of playing female characters, I'd definitely consider using it. I probably will when I make a player made party sometime.
    Fake_Sketch
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Maybe it's just me, but this seems very IWD.
    RedGuardAedan
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Jason Manley is the artist for both.
    RedGuard
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    Risingsun said:

Quartz said:

My attitude on these new portraits: Meh, I don't like them, I won't be using them, I'll be using the old ones. But other people DO like them, so all the power to them, hope you all enjoy! :)

Good on you. That's very big of you. A lot of people would just throw a lot of hate and demand things change to meet their expectations.

I'm not exactly thrilled by the two new portraits we've seen either (although the female one is really nice and well done) because I like consistency in style so I'll use for my PC a portrait that fits the BG style, be it one of the old, original ones or a fan-made portrait. But the fact I personally won't use them in my games does not diminish their value, or the enjoyment others can draw from them.
    serabietQuartzAedanjpierce55
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    The portraits do look different when 'shrunk' down to BGEE size.
    GrandeC
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    @PhillipDaigle does that mean there is two portrait packs? 20 new portraits in total? If so that's incredible and a great surprise!

Must admit I like this one a lot better than the other portrait we've seen.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Elzarath said:

@PhillipDaigle does that mean there is two portrait packs? 20 new portraits in total? If so that's incredible and a great surprise!

Must admit I like this one a lot better than the other portrait we've seen.

I don't think he said that both packs would be 5 male, 5 female. He said the other pack was of even distribution between male and female, though I could imaging it being of a similar number.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    edited September 2012
    I'll be using the new portraits and then including all the IWD portraits (1 and 2) and then using Shadowkeeper to change the portraits of every NPC :)
    There's at least one if not many portraits suitable for each NPC, this one could almost be Faldorn
    serabietThe_New_Romance
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    Ahh thanks RedGuard, I got a bit carried away there and started making assumptions (and we all know what happens when you assume..)
    RedGuard
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Looks terrific.
    GrandeC
  • neokarnyneokarny Member Posts: 39
    Liking it quite a bit.
    GrandeC
  • SilySily Member Posts: 91
    Love the artwork. Beautiful! Though, I don't know if it fits in with the rest of the BG1 portraits. Oh well, I'm content with almost whatever you guys give me, as long as there are no cartoon or anime portraits in and the quality of the art stays this high.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @PhillipDaigle - It's time to announce the other artist! If it's Mike Sass, head = blown. Though Nat Jones and @Boozilla would be pretty mind-blowing, too ;)
    Syntia13
  • purebredcornpurebredcorn Member Posts: 77
    edited September 2012
    Wow, that portrait is so beautiful!
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    edited September 2012
    Beautiful. If all the portraits are of the same quality as the two revealed we're in for a treat. :)

I'm praying for a smiling lady gnome in the batch!
    GrandeCpurebredcorn
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    @PhillipDaigle The portraits are not 110x170 anymore, are they? Can you tell us the new portrait's resolution?
    GrandeC
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305

Love the look of her top! Bigger really is better! Great work!

Hehe.
    Sophia said:

@PhillipDaigle The portraits are not 110x170 anymore, are they? Can you tell us the new portrait's resolution?

This is a very good question, would be great to have it answered.
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    Jason Manley is a God. I f'n love his work.
    GrandeC
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    You know what would be really, really nice... For those who prefered this style of art work, if there was an option to change all the current NPC portraits to a similar style so it all fits in nicely. @PhillipDaigle considered this for DLC? Get those artists working ;)
    Syntia13The_New_Romance
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108
    It is still not clear to me the number of new portraits BGEE will include.

Is it 5 Female and 5 Male, a total of 10 new portraits in one pack. Is this correct?
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    I hope there will be at least one evil wizard in blue or black clothing.
    Anton
    Lekian said:

It is still not clear to me the number of new portraits BGEE will include.

Is it 5 Female and 5 Male, a total of 10 new portraits in one pack. Is this correct?

This is correct for the portraits pack made by Jason Manley. There will be another pack with equal number of male/female images but it hasn't yet been announced how many portraits will be in it.
    Lekian