Skip to content

Pickpocketing delights in BG2

johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
I simply love the randomness of this game.

I was just in the Government District and my thief Yoshimo was doing his usual thing - pickpocketing the guards for their usual potion of extra healing, oil of speed and some cash.

And when I pickpocketed this dude here (see image), never did I expect to loot a Level 8 scroll: Protection from Energy (Abjuration).

Simply pure awesomeness.

Have you guys experienced any pickpocketing delights yourself?

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    It happens. Some npcs are assigned random treasures and if the dice favours you, you may get lvl 7-8 scrolls like that. Spell sequencer/trigger etc. are also great finds.

Skeleton warriors also have very good drop rates. They can drop high level scrolls (I looted horrid wilting once and spell trap a few times!) and Laeral's tears necklaces that are sold for a lot of gold!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    lunar said:

Skeleton warriors also have very good drop rates. They can drop high level scrolls (I looted horrid wilting once and spell trap a few times!) and Laeral's tears necklaces that are sold for a lot of gold!

Indeed. They have the highest treasure model and you can get most of the rare scrolls in the game from them. The best part is that, if you know where to go, you can get an unlimited number of them to grind on for treasure. I usually do this to get several copies of the best scrolls for my mages, such as Spell Trigger or Horrid Wilting.
  • ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
    heh.

which me to a question - whos the best pickpocket npc out there? ;d
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Shando said:

heh.

which me to a question - whos the best pickpocket npc out there? ;d

Jan. With a few level ups, and his thievery boosting items, and a potion of master thievery, he can pickpocket so easily.
  • prairiechickenprairiechicken Member Posts: 149
    Hexxat gains levels faster because she is a pure thief, making her best at pickpockets (plus 20 dex)
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    Tresset said:

The best part is that, if you know where to go, you can get an unlimited number of them to grind on for treasure.

Where is this place? Any hints? :wink:
  • DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    Let's not forget that special special store in trademeet where you have the option of buying a certain belt - but that's what Jan is for after-all!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    A hint, eh? Lets see...

Behold: a crevice guarded by riddles of death. 3 riddles to answer but get 1 or 2 wrong and punishment becomes your reward!
    Tresset wrote: »
    A hint, eh? Lets see...

Behold: a crevice guarded by riddles of death. 3 riddles to answer but get 1 or 2 wrong and punishment becomes your reward!

Ahhh.. sounds like a place only found in the Graveyard District. I shall keep a lookout :)
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @johntyl: It's in the Unseeing Eye quest. Look in the sewers beneath the temple and you'll find a riddle bridge thingy.
    semiticgod wrote: »
    @johntyl: It's in the Unseeing Eye quest. Look in the sewers beneath the temple and you'll find a riddle bridge thingy.

Ah, it was supposed to be a hint, now I have the answer :smiley: