Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Messi said:
    Can we expect to see more cutscene in the next couple weeks?
  • nomadmercnomadmerc Member Posts: 48
    Who are the 'Accord?'
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Think the chars looks a bit to much cartoonish or it just me ?
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    deltago said:

I wish they didn't quickly click through the dialog.

You can pause the video if you want to read the dialogue.
    is it me ?
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    @lordkim that is just the sprite outline, which can easily be turned off in game. It is something I was not so sure on, but has grown on my since I started using it.
    where can it be turned of ?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    lordkim said:

where can it be turned of ?

In the graphics settings.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    Fardragon said:

That hooded man sounds very familiar...

Good to know I'm in good company with that thinking...
  • RevenReven Member Posts: 7
    Will the expansion effect the base game? I still have a Mage/Thief that I'm playing through with. And I was wondering if the changes and fixes will warrant a complete restart.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Reven said:

Will the expansion effect the base game? I still have a Mage/Thief that I'm playing through with. And I was wondering if the changes and fixes will warrant a complete restart.

The new game UI, the shaman class, and various bug fixes will be brought to the base game. These changes are currently in open beta if you want to check them out now (see the "road to v2.0" board).
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    Oh boy, the gameplay seems so smooth in those videos. Contrary to majority opinion I prefer the black outlining of NPC's, it gives the some sort of weight in the game world. The game looks really good, like a modern day rpg! Can't wait until SoD goes public.

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    the SoD intro doesn't really jibe with the BG2 intro imho
    for example:
    sod: you're a hero of baldur's gate
    bg2: people suspect you because they learn that you're a bhaalspawn and you leave baldur's gate under grim circumstances

is that really supposed to be in some sort of accord? like first you became the hero, and then the events of SoD happened and only after that the "grim circumstances" happen...
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    bob_veng said:

for example:
    bg2: people suspect you because they learn that you're a bhaalspawn and you leave baldur's gate under grim circumstances

is that really supposed to be in some sort of accord? like first you became the hero, and then the events of SoD happened and only after that the "grim circumstances" happen...

Yes, you were a Hero of BG at start of SoD but only then people start talking how you are bhaalspawn as well.
  • rjmacreadyrjmacready Member Posts: 91
    bob_veng said:

I think its one of the key areas SoD has won me over. When I first heard wed get more BG but it would be an "interquel" (if that word even exists) I thought "what the hell!?" When I gave it some thought though it really makes sense. The only thing that matches how abruptly BG1 ends is how equally abrupt the beginning of BG2 is.

Its literally "Kill Sarevok->Wake up in cage".

Its looking back been a weakness of the series IMO. Yeah okay its not like theres no BG2 intro to (looselt) explain but its not quite the same thing and thats more to briefly summarize BG1 than to actually maintain a solid sense of continuity.

SoD is going be great because Im confident its going to bridge the gap between the aftermath of Sarevoks defeat to the circumstances on which you are forced to leave Baldurs Gate, and also tell a great story about this crusade at the same time.
  • craymond727craymond727 Member Posts: 208
    edited March 2016
    Quick question about the BGEE and SoD soundtracks of the deluxe edition. Will I have to wait until the 31st to access the music, or are those available at purchase (or directly afterwards?)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited March 2016
    I think it speaks volumes about the AI in SoD that once again we see how the main character dies. It happened during both twitch streams, and it happens again in the gamespot video.

A lot of people wanted to see better AI. It seems AI is indeed better in SoD.
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    I nearly fell out of my chair after the hooded man started speaking, immediately stopped the video after, I can't wait for this!!!
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    bob_veng said:

for example:

Well, when you kill Sarevok after revealing his plot you are the hero of Baldurs Gate, but, a few months after that (when BG 2 starts, AFTER SoD finishes) some people start suspecting you share heritage and you must go under grim circunstances (ones we still dont really know, but ones that will surely be revelaed in SoD)