Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• Yann1989Yann1989 Member Posts: 92
    March 31st is so soon! It's so exciting!
    booinyoureyesJairyanna
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    An interview with Phillip Daigle:

http://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/?id=257103
    mlneveseAbelSurvivorlolien
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    bengoshi wrote: »
    ...I haven't heard anything about that. 

It reminds me a bit of this:

- Beamdog states that SoD will be released in early 2016 (Dec 2015)
    - Some gaming sites state SoD will be released on randomly selected dates early in 2016 (one of those happens to be March 22)
    - "The official date hasn't been announced yet"
    - SoD is announced to release on March 31 (which is not March 22, nor was it ever going to be March 22)

FTFY ;)
    JuliusBorisovmlneveseAbel
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Cerevant wrote: »

- Some gaming sites state SoD will be released on randomly selected dates early in 2016 (one of those happens to be March 22)
    - SoD is announced to release on March 31 (which is not March 22, nor was it ever going to be March 22)

FTFY ;)

You guys just moved the date from March 22 to March 31 to make a birthday gift to @Gotural !
    GoturalAbellolien
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    edited March 2016
    Cerevant wrote: »

FTFY ;)

You guys just moved the date from March 22 to March 31 to make a birthday gift to @Gotural !

I think that a better birthday gift would be to release the game earlier :D
    mlneveseAbel
  • AKrugBierAKrugBier Member Posts: 110
    Oh man, so many creatures on the screen! This looks fantastic!

I do hope to see some new content in BG1EE and BG2EE as well, which deals about bigger battles.

Would be a shame if it's SoD only.
    JuliusBorisovAbel
    edited March 2016
    According to Phillip Daigle, the original BG had a canceled second expansion pack after TotSC. this was supposed to involve a sinister individual who is trapped in stone, but can reach into the world to influence events. The sages of Candlekeep were to send the party on a quest to retrieve the stone. They took some of these concepts and modified them for use in SoD.

"The story itself was actually inspired by the description of an item from D&D. I won't reveal which item it was because that would spoile the plot, but I originally read about it 15 years ago and it has stuck with me ever since as a really cool idea".
    kaguanamlneveseAbelNonnahswriter
    And you know, I've been thinking about the link between IWD and SoD, which we had been told months ago.

This is an addition from the Familiar Magazine: "Caelar isn't the only notable figure among the Crusade. Their number includes an infamous half-orc bandit called the Barghest, who seems to follow the Shining Lady out of faith alone, as does a skilled hunter called Delgar Munsh and Adras Ashatiel, a soldier of noble birth. Despite this wealth of talent, it's not immediately clear what the Crusade's goal is (though Daigle does hint that the plot ties into IWD)".
    Abel
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    Fleshripper +2

A Shortbow. THAC0 +2, damage +2, 5% chance of hasting the wielder for 4 rounds with each hit; +2 Movement speed while equipped (from the description) or +1 APR and grants elves and half-elves +1 to movement speed (according to @AlexT)

The Familiar article was written a few months ago and a couple of items have been rebalanced since then, including that shortbow, which is why the description screenshot of that shortbow doesn't match the article text.

JuliusBorisovcmk24
    AlexT wrote: »
    Fleshripper +2

A Shortbow. THAC0 +2, damage +2, 5% chance of hasting the wielder for 4 rounds with each hit; +2 Movement speed while equipped (from the description) or +1 APR and grants elves and half-elves +1 to movement speed (according to @AlexT)

The Familiar article was written a few months ago and a couple of items have been rebalanced since then, including that shortbow, which is why the description screenshot of that shortbow doesn't match the article text.

I thought so, this is why I tagged you :) Which version is the newer one?
    BillyYank wrote: »
    Chill-Ax... really?

Yeah, it was supposed to be an item for Minsc, so that Jim Cummings could say "Chillaxe!" But then they remembered Minsc didn't have proficiencies in axes, and tweaked some things. But the name was left.
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    edited March 2016
    AlexT wrote: »

That sword also imports into BGII:EE, if you have it in your protagonist's inventory at the end of SoD.

Will this replace a different item like the helm of balduran or work more like the golden pantaloons?

Post edited by illathid on
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    BillyYank wrote: »
    Chill-Ax... really?

I feel like an idiot for not getting that earlier...
    Jairyanna
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    man now i'm worried all those sprites on the screen is gonna cause the game's framerate to chug.
    edited March 2016
    megamike15 wrote: »
    man now i'm worried all those sprites on the screen is gonna cause the game's framerate to chug.

Phillip Daigle specifically mentions in the video that the game runs fine no matter how many creatures are on the screen, it's a part of their reworked code.

Anyway, he's another fact:

Alan Miranda of Ossian Studios produced the Collector's Edition box. Alan Miranda was one of the producers on Throne of Bhaal back at Bioware. He is also a producer on Siege of Dragonspear. Alan is involved in much more than just the Collector's Edition, according to AlexT. http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/beamdogs-bg-ee-expansion-siege-of-dragonspear.96369/page-61#post-4447550
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    EnialusMeliamnebrus
  • ActarusActarus Member Posts: 78
    @Dee Maybe you should ask the team if they can give us a clue on what will happen to GOG user.
    BillyYank
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    GOG is still a little bit in limbo. I can say with reasonable certainty that SoD will not be available on GOG on March 31.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]Adullolien