Skip to content

The Familiar

Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
Hi everyone, the Familiar is now available on the web.

http://thefamiliar.beamdog.com

Enjoy!
AstroBryGuyNonnahswriterbruslolienJuliusBorisovKamigoroshielminsterKilivitzRodrianAerakarSylvus_MoonbowkanisathaVillishAduldluxwraith5641[Deleted User]SmaugWithinAmnesiamf2112ButtercheeseTeflon

Comments

• StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    Very nicely done and worth reading!
    Amber_ScottlolienJuliusBorisovTeflon
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Thank you Amber! Also, your short story is close to my heart, and i'm sure that @Kamigoroshi respects it too.
    JuliusBorisovbrusAmber_ScottKamigoroshi
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    Thank you so much!
    JuliusBorisovKamigoroshilolien
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    A short question: i read it right that the contest is open only in North America?
    JuliusBorisov
    That's correct. Dialect is sponsoring the contest, not us, so they're using their standard rules.
    JuliusBorisovlolienelminster
  • AutocratAutocrat Member Posts: 68
    My biggest wish in the whole wide world is for The Familiar to get a favicon so I can add it to my bookmarks bar.
    Abel
    Your wish is my command! (Though we're putting together the SoD issue this week so it might take a little time.)
    JuliusBorisovAutocratlolien
  • AKrugBierAKrugBier Member Posts: 110
    This looks highly interesting.

Definitely will be looking into that.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Yes, downloading on my Android! THANK YOU!
  • thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
    What about the PC version?
  • AutocratAutocrat Member Posts: 68
    thrudd wrote: »

It's up!

Loving this new issue, by the way. Especially the details on Ohlen's campaign. I also hope the short stories continue to reoccur.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    thrudd wrote: »

thefamiliar.beamdog.com
    elminsterlolienAbel
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I really like the fact that the next issue in July will include an interview with the creators of Never Alone. That was such a beautiful indie game and, personally, I regard its music and plot even superior to the Icewind Dale franchise. Making me wish that a possible Icewind Dale III will feature at least partly Frozenfar and the Sea of Moving Ice. :D
    lolienJuliusBorisovAmber_Scott
  • AKrugBierAKrugBier Member Posts: 110
    I want these issues lying on my table.

Literally.
    AbelAmber_Scott
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    edited March 2016
    Currently, on The Familiar, there is a live stream audio link for KHTEFM where "Phil Daigle and Amber Scott talk about Dragonspear on the Shane Plays radio show at 11AM PDT..."

Furthermore, there is a link where you can view the live stream on Twitch, which will be playing at 1230PDT.

EDIT: Fixed the time error.

The radio show actually starts at 11 AM PDT. Dialect misinterpreted my instructions. Sorry for the confusion!
    EnialusMeliamne
    I really like the fact that the next issue in July will include an interview with the creators of Never Alone. That was such a beautiful indie game and, personally, I regard its music and plot even superior to the Icewind Dale franchise. Making me wish that a possible Icewind Dale III will feature at least partly Frozenfar and the Sea of Moving Ice. :D

I'm so glad! Never Alone is a beautiful and fascinating game--even though it's not "really" a CRPG I wanted to feature it. Very excited about this piece.
    Kamigoroshi
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    edited March 2016
    Thanks Amber. I was wondering why I was hearing music instead of the chat. The music is pretty good...
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    I'm so glad! Never Alone is a beautiful and fascinating game--even though it's not "really" a CRPG I wanted to feature it. Very excited about this piece.

Oh cool, I'm looking forward to reading this. I just finished Never Alone a few weeks ago, it really lingered on my wishlist :/
    Kamigoroshi
  • flokifloki Member Posts: 9
    Perfect because version 1 of the android app crashes my mojo.
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    When can we expect new Familliar issue?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    @Sikorsky The 3rd issue is planned for July. It's written at the end of the current issue of The Familiar, page 20.

@Amber_Scott Would it be possible to get an interview with Obsidian/Paradox Interactive sometime after the next issue? In the 4th or 5th one of The Familiar, I mean? Their upcoming cRPG Tyranny could make for an interesting article.
    lolienGenderNihilismGirdleJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I've got a push notification in the Android app and read an article by @Dee about the UI modding.

But after I closed the app and opened it again I can't find this article. I know this article is on this site, but others may not, so I've thought it is worth to share that it looks like the app doesn't show that article after the first try.
    lolienGenderNihilismGirdle
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @bengoshi I see it in my app no problem
    lolienGenderNihilismGirdle
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @bengoshi It won't show up in the issue; it's in the "Updates" queue at the bottom of the app's main screen.
    JuliusBorisovlolienGenderNihilismGirdle
    @Dee now I see it. The updates list has changed.
    lolienelminsterGenderNihilismGirdle