Skip to content

Hero of a Thousand Faces portraits

Comments

• JairyannaJairyanna Member Posts: 209
    Haha, my bad - I thought I'd included it in the spoilers at the top of the page, but I hadn't! Good spot, @Thels ^_^
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Thels Why aren't you uploading your own pictures? I wanna see what you have in stock ;) also nice recropping although I like to do my own, true it not easy to keep the aspect ratio of some pictures, no one is perfect after all. I do like the Large image to show more of the person and the M one to show the face closer. I have more picture to upload just not the time :D
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited March 2016
    @kaguana: Mostly because I don't have any. I had a small archive, but I must've misplaced it when I moved stuff over to the new PC. It wasn't a lot to start with. I tend to go with the Cavalier redhead.

But here's a couple of Archers I just found, as I found this thread lacking a bit on the bows:
    DVWk2ceE.jpeg
    uanxd6ysqdgu.bmp5286ccebccd68.jpg
    u3ck38im46dz.bmp
    MoMiPZrN1vQ.jpg
    k5np29itf2qo.bmp
    f90b7aa8aa894e5d4561f80e7de73349.jpg
    imulvuu2qboz.bmpar7q7lu5nyn2.bmp
    1407353013537.jpg
    9c1bovqkmzq9.bmp1neb9fdo9nf4.bmp

And here are some pics I found along the way:
    tumblr_nxojxenKee1qf7o51o1_1280.jpg
    yl26xyd1qw2q.bmp
    game-woman-wallpapers-games-fantasy-girls-100990.jpg
    cnl3h7b39437.bmp0p2rpnmk83hw.bmp
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    @Thels, not sure how much higher resolution this is, but some quick experimenting shows you should be able to get a *little* more zoomed in than you were able to before. Also, this one does not have writing on (most of) it.
    0jupc2vrd1bw.jpg
    @Jarrakul: Excellent.
    6wvdixw3f2ce.bmpibisex384s7n.bmp
    Fair point. Give me a bit to get my sources together and I'll post them all.
    Gonna try something new for a Black Pits or IWD run. Normally I use images that I think fit in the BG team, but for BP or IWD, as long as the six chars fit together, it may work, even if they don't fit within the BG team, so let's try an all League of Angels team:
    t3q5g0oj3jag.bmp3b5x1e60yluc.bmpmnhrtg8nqvad.bmp8gywxb6q0xe1.bmpl1y82cttfski.bmphkf1h5xjin93.bmp

Source images (Gallery):
    143049679.jpg
    123218074.jpg
    123430624.jpg
    123617282.jpg
    185254358.jpg
    123325860.jpg
    New version of the file with fixed filenames, and sources in a separate zip (because they're too big to upload if they're in the same zip).
  • nemesanemesa Member Posts: 8
    Here is a dropbox link with more or less 500 portraits. Most of them are from different websites that I found a while ago, some of them I modified to my taste. I do not own any of them. Feel free to download them. I will keep the link open for 2 weeks. Here are some of my favorites:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bi71nhkzsgk7md5/AADbI2e7oZOnJ0SaYxiFalTQa?dl=0

u6ydm1rvj4qg.bmp
    py05y9zfcqn7.bmp
    gjhuolbvvbcw.bmp
    8y558k1nfcvt.bmp
    jo3slrroux9r.bmp

PS: Some of them are not in the right resolution yet, sorry.^^
    edited April 2016
    So I done some order with my portraits and I was thinking of my next run and this come up ;)

Isn't she lovely ? Btw she is made by Tallamiea
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    edited April 2016
    @cbarchuk Here is that portrait. Several people have commented how much they like this one. I always imagine the quarrel/arrow is poisoned and the MainChar is about to get him some Davaeorn ;)
    'Demonhunter' by Stanislav Novarenko

• HalfwiseHalfwise Member Posts: 78
    edited April 2016
    Jairyanna said:

7y0hfi1zz463.bmp

6ayeign80qny.bmp

elqga8p3xhe6.bmp

m2gm82y3pyav.bmp

3y6d369woj0v.bmp

1hiezj7zfyia.bmp

a965soooth7w.bmp

Wow, I love a high percentage of these and the previous of your posts. Great!
    I have to ask, some of these extend beyond the 210x330 L size.. I know that BGEE can shrink or expand the 210x330 (to fit Small/Medium/Large areas), can it do the same with these as well?

Oh and just in case someone hasn't perused it:
    https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71722-the-custom-portraits-thread/

Also within that thread, an easy to miss database, with a lot of gems:
    http://imgur.com/a/1bQAJ
    Post edited by Halfwise on
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    edited April 2016
    @EduardvdWB Here are the young Kriegr "Hammer of Justice" custom portrait pictures. I like them for Baldur's Gate 1, as your Bhaalspawn is so young. I think his obvious youth and dark contrasts with accents of green and red help give a creepy edge to him. He might not be a Blackguard but I think this cavalier looks like he might be the son of murder ;)

Art by YongHae Kim

Original piece

Cropped Large size JPG

Medium sized side thumbnail JPG

Post edited by Skarose on
    Halfwise said:

I have to ask, some of these extend beyond the 210x330 L size.. I know that BGEE can shrink or expand the 210x330 (to fit Small/Medium/Large areas), can it do the same with these as well?

It should be able to do that with all .BMP files. Just keep two things in mind:

1) If the original image is not in a 210x330 (or 7x11) ratio, it loses it's aspect ratio. Say if you have a picture that is 420x990, then the width of the character is halved, while the height of the character is reduced to one third, making the character look overly fat. The opposite will make a character look overly skinny.

2) If you use really big images, it may cause the game to slow down.
    edited April 2016
    Here is an archer, as for the artist I'm sorry, I couldn't find who made it, but I really like the picture

* Thread move to a new home ;)
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Here is where I keep all of the suitable portraits I find on Tumblr. Enjoy.
    http://rpgportraits.tumblr.com/
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited May 2016

Here's a mage portrait. I use it for Neera typically.

Here's a portrait I use for Safana.
    Post edited by rapsam2003 on
    @rapsam2003 Those are really nice once. one question why do you use S size ? there is no need for it anymore, they change it so there is only need for the L and M sizes
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited May 2016
    kaguana said:

@rapsam2003 Those are really nice once. one question why do you use S size ? there is no need for it anymore, they change it so there is only need for the L and M sizes

I just happened to have it.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019

Post edited by lefreut on
    @lefreut Thank you they are lovely :)
  • Sids1188Sids1188 Member Posts: 165
    Is it weird that my first thought on this one:
    Thels said:

5awa73eh7dfi.bmp
    ... was that that would be some super practical armour for a breast feeding warrior queen on the go?

Loving the pictures on here. Though it seems the dudes all stayed home to cook during these adventures - nowhere to be seen :)
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    I have too many, I'll try to find a few and their artists... I'll be back.
    edited May 2016
    Ok looked through them and here is some that are in my folder. If possible, I have included the uncropped work:
    - Jonas Jenson
    - by @Isandir
    - prdart
    - Ilich Henriquez
    - sXeven
    - Peter Balogh
    Post edited by GemHound on
    Here is some more male portraits:
    - Thaldir
    - Selenada

- Iovem Clayton made the base image
    - Eskarine
    - RafalDorsz
    edited May 2016
    @GemHound Good portraits you got there, keep them coming :)

I'm not posting any male portraits myself as I'm only playing my own gender

As for the bard lovers here are some for you:

My favourites in my list there are by Isandir, sXeven, Peter Balogh, Iovem Clayton and Eskarine. I've actually used 4 of those so far for characters.
    The one I remember the most though(other than playing myself) was Victasaadi Falconsflight, which was the one by sXeven.

Another note is I'm finding the artist using the google image search: https://images.google.ca/
    All you have to do with that is drag and drop an image or copy-paste the link and it will find the picture's origins, though I can't seem to get rid of pinterest results which is annoying.
    - Anonymous
    - obsessedkitten

- Anonymous Goodman Games Employee

- Jeremiah Morelli
    - Ana Mendes
    - Mika Harju