Skip to content

What do you think would be a fair price for Siege of Dragonspear?

1235»

Comments

• InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    59,99 + 2x59,99 for DLCs
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited November 2015
    Torin said:

I think even fans of BG will find it hard to pay 20$ for an expansion on such an old engine, and new players will not buy it for that price. I hope they don't try to sell it for 20$, it will be a hard sell. Maybe if they give bundle of Bg1EE+SoD for 25$.

It's not just an expansion but it will also add to the already existing games with the upcoming patches. So it is more that you get than just the Dragonspear campaign. So $20 might not be such a strange amount. If they do get those patches delivered to you by the time SoD hits the shelves of course.

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I can't believe how tight-fisted some people in this thread are being.

This isn't just some random throwaway game which you'll play once and then never look at again, this is Baldur's Gate. Publishers' estimates of playing time usually turn out to be wildly under-estimated in my experience (perhaps because I'm a completionist), so when they say "25 hours", I'm assuming that'll actually mean closer to 100 hours per playthrough, and no doubt I'll play it through many times over the coming years, so it'll be literally thousands of hours of enjoyment for me.

Even wearing the hat of a mean-minded skinflint, I'd have to admit that $1,000 would be a cheap price for the enjoyment I expect to get out of it. If I were in a generous mood, I might go higher.

So come on Beamdog, ignore all these tightwads on here arguing about historical comparisons, and just charge whatever price your marketing guys reckon will maximise your total revenue.

If you pitch high then I'll pay regardless, BUT in return I expect you to deliver decent quality from the start and a permanent commitment to maintain support for any issues arising.
  • SelisSelis Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2015

If they do get those patches delivered to you by the time SoD hits the shelves of course.

Which is where confidence is lacking. BG2EE remained unplayable for far too long. Since it's a mod-heavy community I realize that frequent patches are also not desireable, but still.
    So come on Beamdog, ignore all these tightwads on here arguing about historical comparisons, and just charge whatever price your marketing guys reckon will maximise your total revenue.
    That would be a really assholish move that will alienate a large portion of the customer base. At the very least, it would alienate me. I've bought several copies of EE to support them, but I've already found support and updates to be fairly lacking. Dragonspear should not exceed $10 for owners of the base game. If only to fix their PR problems. It should cover the costs, but not much more. I reckon even at $10 a decent amount of profit will be made.

How many sales do you think they'll make?

Personally I think they should maximize outreach, while being cost-efficient. The genre has lain dormant for years. Streamlining processes will increase future revenue, while also keeping the community onboard. Win-win situation.

American money-grubs, yegh >.< Maximize profits. Maximizing profits is only good for the person that the profits go to.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    This thread makes interesting reading now that we actually know the price.

I think there were different expectations/misconceptions around "stand alone" and "buy it alone".
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    typo_tilly wrote: »
    $19.98 still woulda been cool. :3

Wouldn't $1998 have been even more fitting? ;)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Messi wrote: »

Only for the Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear: Trent's Limited Edition, which would include his famous banhammer and a poster of Daeros Dragonspear on the dragon, 3*3 meters, signed by all the Beamdog staff.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    bengoshi wrote: »
    Messi wrote: »

Only for the Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear: Trent's Limited Edition, which would include his famous banhammer and a poster of Daeros Dragonspear on the dragon, 3*3 meters, signed by all the Beamdog staff.

Signed in blood of course.
  • CorelliaCorellia Member Posts: 22
    Seems pretty big with a lot of shiny new toys. If it ties in well with the other games I can pay the bgee/2ee price.
  • FiachFiach Member Posts: 231
    SHADDUPANDTAKEMYMONEY!!!!111ELEVENTYONE!!