Skip to content

Rasaad's quest with Viconia

This doesn't seems to be something new, but I'm running a bit crazy with this one.

When doing Rasaad's quest, with Viconia present, after the talk with Hammerhelm, she will talk to you to protest.
I have no diffculty with that, but the thing is, after this dialogue, Viconia becomes bugged and her actions resume ever 3-4 second: ask her to walk in a direction, she will get some step in the right way, then stop... ask her to attack, she will give two blow, then suddently turn passive.

I have also tried to disband Viconia, talk to Hammerhelm, and recruit her again: no luck, she "magicaly" knows what happened far from her, and starts the dialog neverless.

There are people that proposed some patches, but the problem is that I'm playing on Android, and can't use mods.
Change of some variable through EEKeeper seems to delay the problem, but don't fix it.

Anyone would have a suggestion to get around this bug that would work on Android?

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Kill and ress her. This usually fixes bugs with NPCs.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Or try to force-talk to her. Sometimes, in my experience, an npc has a dialogue to trigger but can't do it for some reason, and stutters like that all the time. Talking to them manually by clicking on talk icon and then them may start up the dialogue properly. If the npc has nothing to say, well, then that is another bug.
  • MoonheartMoonheart Member Posts: 520
    Mmm no, none of the two seems to works. :(
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited March 2016
    This bug sounds familiar... I think I may even have encountered it before and @Gate70 helped me fix it... That was over a year ago however and I have since forgotten what the issue was. Let me see if I can figure it out again. I'll get back to you if Gate70 doesn't beat me to it.

Edit: Ah, here we go. Enter the following console command and that should resolve the issue.

Note: Your cursor may need to be on top of Viconia when you enter this code.
    C:SetGlobal("cd_viccy_oh4000_timer","LOCALS",-1)
    Edit (again): Failing that, you can use EEKeeper to delete the timer in question.

More info can be found here.
    I'm playing on Android, so no console for me. And delete the variable with EEKeeper didn't help... but after a bunch of attempts, I found a way to get around it:

- I go to the Mage Stronghold and ask Viconia to disband. The Mage Stronghold doesn't allow companion to return to their default point, so she stays here
    - I return to the Amphiteater and do the dialog with Hammerhelm
    - Get out of the zone, and travel to the Temple
    - Play the ambush from Sun Soul monk
    - At the end of the Ambush, I return to the Amphiteatre, and rested here a few time
    - Return to the Mage Stronghold, and make Viconia join again

I don't exactly which part of this process solved the problem, but Viconia didn't trigger her dialog this time, and as a result, I have been able to play Rasaas's quest until the end

Thanks for your answers, anyway
  • sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2016
    In my previous playthrough I had a similar error, despite I managed to convince her through dialogue that it was an act to "play along". After that dialogue, I got a bug that she could not walk (to a certain direction) without stopping a few times.

In the end I just kicked her out of the party and took Jaheira instead for the quest. After she rejoins I didn't have any problems with her.
    She can have, I had that time when she started the dialog again just after rejoining and got bugged.

It seems that you must disband her far away (Akhatla for me) and let pass a bit of time to be sure she will not start this dialog that always end by the bug
    @Moonheart I just didn't take her for that quest, if she is not in party she will not start the dialogue.
    Similarly for Rasaad's ToB quest, I did not take her along.
    edited March 2016
    @sansserif
    This thread is about to make the quest WITH her
    @Moonheart but I thought ur answer seems like to disband her?
    Temporarily. I made her join again just after the problematic part, and she did the most of the quest with the party. Her dialogs during that quest are very interesting, since her faith is involved... especialy when she's forced to fight her own brothers at the temple...

However, as I pointed out, it's tricky to make her rejoin without triggering the bugged dialog as soon she gets back. She seems to somewhat know at which point of the quest we are, and what we did, even if she was not present at that time...
    So I had to made some effort to get around it and still have her in during the temple part.

@Moonheartwhich part did u make her join again?
    I explained it a bit above ;)
    @MoonheartI didn't get it, the ambush is the last part?
    No. I just described how I made Viconia rejoin the quest without triggering her bugged dialog.... the quest doesn't end here
    edited March 2016
    @Moonheart ok I got it now, u mean the ambush from the four female monks, not the one at the end.
    edited March 2016
    I said "ambush from the sun soul monks". The ambush at the end is from the dark moon monks. :)
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Obviously she is cursed by Shar for aiding a servant of Selune
    She still get divine spells from her, so weirdly Shar seems to thinks it's worth waiting a bit before cursing