Skip to content

The Roadmap to v2.0 (11 Milestones Cleared!)

Comments

• AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Hard at work, dedicated, helpful community members! That's what I like most about IE games!
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    50 is really, really close, though. One false submission and it's goodbye, so really, we should get a few more in!
  • EnilwynEnilwyn Member Posts: 140
    Noober question here...If you play a character through the beta, can you use the character file in SoD or does it get erased to the abyss or something?
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    bengoshi wrote: »
    Sees the survey is closed at 79 responses
    Scratched my head at this as well. But if it means 79 responses from this second survey, plus the... 62?... from the previous one, then that's more than 80 total. But if he meant the count is 79 for both total, then yeah, I can see how that'll annoy people.
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    @Dee can we see an official update on the map from first page. Just to be sure where are we now.
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    Sikorsky wrote: »
    @Dee can we see an official update on the map from first page. Just to be sure where are we now.

Also be nice for an update on whos entered to win the Over-Achievers Anonymous and if there is any news related to the broken achievements and how that effects the entry :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Dee wrote: »
    There have been three surveys. The first two combined were 62. The third survey alone was 79. :)

AHA! The spell went the wrong way!

"Kris Avalon" the doppelganger casts the spell that stops answers at 79
    This doppelganger didn't notice there were 2 previous surveys with their own answers that count too
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I see that Redmine already offers version 2.0.62.0 to choose if you want to report a new issue, which means that soon a new beta build will be realesed (the previous experience shows that when this happens, a new beta build releases in several hours). This will be that build Dee talked about, which will be released before the final 2.0 patch goes live.
    Are you sure 2.0.62.0 ain't just the release build?

SoD is going to be released within 30 hours from now. It doesn't make a lot of sense to release another Beta update, and then the Retail update, all within this span of 30 hours.
    There should be another beta build, yes -
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/725857/#Comment_725857

30 hours are a plenty of time, and another beta wouldn't hurt anyone - I think it should give a chance to just test the patch before it goes out officially.
    @bengoshi: I beg to differ that 30 hours are plenty of time.

First, 30 hours itself is a very small amount of time to test the games for bugs, report said bugs, have the bugs forwarded to the devs, have the devs investigate and fix said bugs, and have these bugfixes implemented in the next build that is to be up and running within 30 hours.

Second, they most likely want to have the 2.0 patch released quite a bit before SoD, so that if there's anything going horribly wrong, like installer not working, or a wrong file being included, they have some time to fix it.

So no, I can't phantom how they could seriously release another beta version within that timeframe!

From what Dee seems to explain, we're basically going to get the release candidate released over the beta channel before getting it released over the release channel, which makes sense.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited March 2016
    Disappointed. Was hoping for 2.0 today. Wanted to play a bit with it in BGII today and have less to patch in BG tomorrow. Ah well.
  • kelseyr713kelseyr713 Member Posts: 3
    Dee wrote: »

Road-Tested
    Anyone who submits a Bug ticket through our Redmine site will get the coveted "Road-Tested" forum badge. (In order to qualify for the badge, you must submit a ticket that follows our requested format in the "How to Report Bugs" thread.)

I've reported a few bugs! Wasn't really able to do the rest, but I'm glad I could help with these.

kelseyr713 wrote: »
    Wasn't really able to do the rest,

There is still time!
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    Do we know the release time btw for SoD?