Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    All you thiefly types, then. What exactly are you checking?
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Imoen goes over to Tiaxina. "Sure, I'll help. What do you want me to do?"
    DM: Which locks? The ones on the door with the singing? Pickable.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    OOC: @LadyRhain I am using my night vision to inspect the dark pitfall down, making sure there is no treasure amongst the spikes or anything lodged against any of the walls.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    "I'll look as well. My Elven ranger infravision should be superior to all of yours'."
    *Voice: "Push her in, do it, push her in... you know it is right. She will be dead and you will rule"*

Err... one second Tiaxina is just going to back away for a breather... she.. err suddenly has come over a little sick inside
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I'm picking the locks on the singing door. Then I suggest we re-set the pit trap and retreat behind it and use a summons to open the door to the singers.
    Awong124
    I am helping Tiaxina search the third pit trap. Not leaping into it or anything, just seeing if there happens to be a key or a twisty slide lurking about.
    No, you see nothing out of the ordinary in the pit.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Detect evil on the rogues
    Are the locks on the door the type that have a keyhole? Can I see into the next room?
    @Permidion_Stark It's too far away for the mage to be in range of the summons from there. The monsters would fade before they got to the door.
    "I like Alora's plan." Imoen smiles kindly at Tiaxina. "It was worth a shot. There's so many pit traps in this place, and only two of them are 'fortuitous falls.' Those are long odds."
    Okay. We reset the pit trap. I will tie a long length of rope on the door. Everyone else will hide behind the pit trap. I will pul open the door and run away with my boots of speed.
    Oh, boo. What's the maximum range of a summon spell?
    Huh? The door with the singing is 190'+ away from the pit trap.
    Is everyone okay with that plan?
    Tiaxina believes only one is fortuitous, after 2 which would make it the third which is why she wanted to check that one. Obviously her translation of the text was flawed. Oh monkey bother.

*Voice: "You missed your chance, the accident would have propelled you into greatness you incompetant whelp"*
    OOC: Oh, yeah 190' away is a bit much. I thought the trap was right before the door.
    Oops. Sorry, misread. You pull on the door, to no avail. It's budged tight.
    @LadyRhian

I'll just use the longest piece of rope I have and start running back to join the others as soon as the door swings open.
    @LadyRhian

Will my boots of speed fit Minsc? If so I will lend them to him and he can have a go pulling the rope.
    The door is jammed and needs breaking down. Kivan, your mace please, Tiaxina shall give it a swift whack
    *Hands her the mace*
    So far, the trend seems to be "Easy to get into a room, but bad things happen once you're in."
    Imoen stands back, remembering that Tiaxina now packs a mighty whack indeed.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2012
    I don't think will be so lucky for long in this place Lady Imoen. Evil is free here.
    Alora thinks this is a bad idea and is waiting behind the pit trap 190' away.
    *Voice: "Tiax commands you smack that smug elf in the face with his mace. Every since Xzar was deformed the angsty elf has become so frustrating Tiax just needs him dead"*
    *Tiaxina stares at Kivan for a while before taking the mace and turning around*
    *Tiaxina whacks the door*
    Map Part 2
    Map Fragment 2