Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    OOC Not entirely. Xzar's original player seemed to bail yesterday, so maybe Xzara had an unlucky gravitational accident to make way for a new player.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    "I agree with you Sir Minsc, but there is not much we can do for the moment. Do not lose your nerves, you will get your chance to fight evil, I promise."
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    OOC maybe too many people commented on the romance being creepy?
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Minsc tosses his sword to the ground with a loud clatter, he then sits down on the floor, his head down.
    How's Kivan taking the loss?
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Not... well. Not well at all. You can see that, although he's gone silent, his eyes are filled with darkness.
    "The evil fears your butt-kicking prowess, Minsc. Sooner or later, it'll show itself, and then you can chop it into little bitty pieces. Don't let it win, okay?"
    How's Tiaxina doing with the crack in the pit trap wall?
    @Reedmilfam is up next on our roster. And yes, Amardarial doesn't have time to play and was complaining about always being about a page behind, so...
    "I found the door... but I can't open it." TIAXINA sounds equal parts delighted and frustrated.
    edited August 2012
    Minsc looks up at Imoen and smiles softly.

"You are right my friend, and I will chop those pieces into even smaller pieces.

Minsc climbs to his feet and picks up his sword, he then pats Imoen on the shoulder and stands behind her.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    "Noooooooo! The world was never meant for one as beautiful as you."

"Oh well, circle of life..."
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    OOC: Not very depressed at all, hahahaha.
    "Minsc, would you lower me on a rope so I can help Tiaxina with the other door?" She smiles up at the big ranger. "I know you and Boo won't let me fall."
    "Friend Kivan, Boo is sorry for your loss, he was a fine woman."

Minsc gives a sorrowful nod.
    "Certainly Imoen, Boo shall lose no more friends this day."

Helps her with the rope.
    Okay, Imoen descends into the pit beside Tiaxina. "Heya. Need a hand?" She tries very hard not to look at Xzara's body, instead focusing on the wall, the crack, and how she can assist in opening the door.
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Unexpected twist. The Mad Wizard falls. Dare I say, "I am become death, destroyer of worlds."
    The door seems like a solid plug of stone blocking the entryway, but with a little prodding and poking, you find it's a thin veneer of stone over a wooden door. You open it, to reveal a 10' long passageway, and after, another set of stairs leading down to the south.
    Also, since Jan's player is a no-show, I am calling on @Edwinfullt for a new character as well...
    "Woot!" Imoen yells. "We got it! No super creepy red room for us. Yet." She alights at the very very edge of the hallway and calls up, "Don't let go of the rope, just in case someone put a pit trap here, too."
    @Evinfuilt @ladyrhian it's FUILT
    As best she can from her rope perch, Imoen checks the new passage for traps.
    Delvarian said:

"Friend Kivan, Boo is sorry for your loss, he was a fine woman."

Minsc gives a sorrowful nod.

*sniffle* I didn't even get to pork her, not even once... *sniffle*

@Edwinfuilt Sorry. I have difficulty telling the Ls and Is apart.
    TIAXINA laughs. "I am sure you will always have your... memories. Yes, memories." She seems like she might be about to say more, then falls silent.
    *Thinks sadly to himself, 'now the only females remaining in the group is that insufferable halfling, a fat gnome, and that annoyingly cheerful human...'*
    You don't find any pit in the passage or on the stairs.
    OOC: *counts on his fingers, then thinks for a long time, then recounts on his other hand*

out of the 3 people that died, all 3 were mages. And counting edwina, all 3 were females at some point....

*wonders off to work on a conspericay theory.....and spelling*
    "Okay, looks clear!" Imoen calls. She stands just inside the new hall and guides Tiaxina to a spot beside her. "Now how are we going to get you guys down safely?"