Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Anybody have a scroll of some kind of fire?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    "Does Tiaxina know Fireball?"
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Yes, there are no more wizards here. And Jan had a flaming short sword, but he's gone, too, and all his items.
    Isn't Tiaxina a cleric? Flame strike? I picked up a scroll of Burning Hands from Xzara's remains.
    "TIAXINA is not a magic user." The gnome looks curiously happy about that.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    Sarevok stands ready, let the rogues make sure all is clear to the webs. Don't trust my pole. If all is clear to the webs, I will go to the webs and clear them with said 10' pole to try and shake loose whatever is in...

"I'd prefer fire down there, no matter. The Spiders here will learn to fear me."
    "Oh wait, Tiaxina is a cleric, not a wizard... Even if we have a scroll of Fireball, nobody can use it!"
    Imoen nods at Sarevok. "Okay, I'll check the hall up until the webs. Do we have to use magic fire to clear the webs? Why not light a bundle of rags on fire and toss that into the room?"
    "By the way, Tiaxina, since you're a gnome, do you happen to know the Mirrorshades at the Friendly Arm Inn?"
    "We can light that gerbil on fire and toss him in, the ranger may not be pleased. That's why we shall take some of Xarina's ruined clothing, wrap it around the end of my pole and light it from a torch and extend deep into the webs. Yes, I shall do it, fear no Minsc... I will let your Gerbil live for now."
    Okay... The thieves find no traps on the stairs, and Sarevok wades into the webs with his pole... only to find them unexpectedly tenacious. Soon, he finds himself wrapped in and trapped by the webs...
    "Xzara's only clothing was her robes. And I'll kill you before I allow you to leave her corpse naked here in this dank pit."
    My dinner is ready, so I'll be back in about an hour. Discuss what you want to do. Oh, and no matter what burning fabric you toss at the webs, they fail to catch...
    Uh oh. He forgot to light a fire first. Now, setting the webs on fire would set him on fire, and that'd just be rude.
    Okay. :) An hour to conspire. Excellent.
    OOC: DM said fire doesn't work. So I don't know, maybe we have to cut him down. But how do we get in close without getting tangled in the web ourselves?
    I'm sure Minsc wouldn't mind me burning... Alas my mace would be useless against these webs. Could one of you darling rogues try and cut it with a very powerful dagger? The worse that could happen is you get stuck in here with me. We need to try some magical fire to burn these webs, or perhaps acid. I should be able to survive whatever you do to it.
    edited August 2012
    "Since Imoen is wearing the Slippers of Spider Climb, maybe those shoes make her immune to being tangled by the webs. Maybe she can quickly go in and cut Sarevok down then take a quick look around before returning to the rest of us."
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    edited August 2012
    Usually slippers of spider climb are NOT slippers of free action. (hehe I Have wanted to butt in so many times but I was pages behind you all...) Anyhoo Im sure your Paladins might have remembered that spells such as detect evil can be reversed (depending on the DM) to detect good which might be more usefull in this place as most things are evil. Also +1 props to Serovok for bringing a pole though 10' is a lot of pole to be manuvering around in doors, I would have asked for a simple 6' walking stick/staff.
    I have Xzara's +2 dagger. I can try to cut him down. I have a fairly high Dex, but my Strength is low. Sarevok's strength is maxed; why can't he break free?
    Sarevok is pretty big, if I recall nearly 7'. Plus, there's something "right" about always putting your pole where it doesn't belong. I hope someone comes up with an idea of how to cut me out, because I don't feel like using my javelins just to attack webbing, they have better purposes for them.
    That dagger in my own hands should work (I would think.) I have the dex and str combo.. Still, I'd rather find someone with magical fire and or acid.
    Can non-casters use scrolls? I forget.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Just passing by people, i don't know if I'll be around when the game restarts, but one of the things we should worry about is... is this web natural or magical... If t's natural whatever made it must be around.
    I wondered about the web makers, too.
    We have to be paranoid to survive this place... :)
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    *Tiaxina casts Flame blade and cuts her way through the webs*

What would you do without Tiaxina, your reliance on her is quite amusing

*Voice: "A new 'friend' has arrived, one who could be of use. Tiax will do well to rule him"*
    lol... I'm not sure I aspire as high as "surviving this place." I'm oddly glad I wasn't first in our bunch to die.
    i still don't undertand how both paladins are still alive. I quite expected this place would do everything to kill us first...
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    OOC: Never fear, Tiax is here. Batman was awesome (finally got to see it) and now I am back for a bit of RP :D shame about Xzara, she was amusing haha. Also, it has been brought to the DM's and my attention that I hold a scroll of ressurrection...