Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    OOC: @minevese having big sheets of metal between yourself and enemies generally keeps you alive longer...
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Welcome back. :D
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    There we go, I sense genius in this Tiaxana. Something though feels off, have her cut me free but keep the blade out. I'm ready to fight the spiders (and yes, they are magical in nature, no way normal webs would stop Sarevok and the mighty 10' pole.)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    OOC yeah that may be helping a bit... thsr snakes really seem to like my fett... Good thing they didn't have can openers :)
    Ok I'll detect evil around us...
    I'll ready my bow in case anything with fangs decides it wants to play.
    Imoen, I do have a backup plan, if you don't mind a long run. With your spider shoes you can make your way back to the room of three chests. Use that +2 dagger and coat its blade in the venom of the asps. With 12 asps there should be plenty venom left. That venom would disolve the webs without a problem.
    I wouldn't have to run that far. :) I could coat the dagger's blade on the poison spikes. But, wait, that means running back through the fear spell. I don't know if it's one where once you save, you save or if you have to keep trying to save every time you want to go through it.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited August 2012

Usually slippers of spider climb are NOT slippers of free action.

They don't provide free action, but they're supposed to allow you to move like a spider, and spiders are obviously immune to webs.
    How about we see if Tiaxina's flame blade works on the webs, first? If it doesn't, then I'll chance the fraidy cat area again.
    In nature, no, they aren't. Spiders still have to watch where they step, lest they're caught in their own webs. AD&D spiders may not have that issue. :)
    I mean when stepping on them. Of course their bodies will still stick to them.
    jhart1018 said:

How about we see if Tiaxina's flame blade works on the webs, first? If it doesn't, then I'll chance the fraidy cat area again.

What's the worst thing that could happen while running uncontrollably with a super lethal dagger out in a darkened hallway.

While in the clutches of a fear spell? Oh, I can think of a few things... :)
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    Awong124 said:

Usually slippers of spider climb are NOT slippers of free action.

They don't provide free action, but they're supposed to allow you to move like a spider, and spiders are obviously immune to webs.
    Actually Spiders are not immune to their webs, They just have an awareness of which strands are safe to stand on :) A spider can actually get trapped in its own web....not something you see a lot but I have.

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Alora is here. But hasn't had time yet to read up on what has happened. She needs to know two things:

1. Is she still alive?

2. Is she still a girl?
    Yes to both... Xzar is dead.
    OOC: Yes and Yes, though Xzara ia dead haha.
    edited August 2012
    Examined a spike trap in a close and personal way...
    Alora mourns his/her passing. And starts checking for traps.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    "Webs.... great. I hate webs nearly as much as I hate evil. You can even imagine the nightmares of having to remove them from all the little places of my armor"
    OOC: Our team consists of 2 rangers, 2 paladins, a deathbringer, 2 thieves and a thief/cleric. We are doomed. Who is going to remove the magical protection the Lich casts on itself?
    edited August 2012
    OOC: I think both paladins have dispel magic. I think.

Edit: Not sure if it helps though
    OOC Nope, just the Inquisitor.. it's their specialty, to hunt evil spellcasters...
    OOC: So does Tiaxina, unfortunately it won't work on a lot of protections. Maybe I shoul go rez Edwin (and push him into the orange mist. What do you think @Drugar
    OOC: I have it as a spell. Can only use it once, though.
    Alora plans to sneak up on the lich and tickle, tickle, tickle, which she is fairly sure works as Miscast Magic.

OOC She is also only up to p54 and not clear on what is happening.
    edited August 2012
    Tickling would probably disrupt any spells he's in the middle of casting, but probably won't dispell existing ones.

EDIT: Sorry, misread. I don't know why I thought you said dispell instead of miscast.
    Lady Alora, you are such a lovely being. You were rather silent lately, I`m glad your humor is back with us
    Alora's back! Yay!