Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    " I should probably take my armor off before trying to get down there. Otherwise it might be too much weight for the rope to sustain"
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    @LadyRhian Here in the new hallway, are we up close and personal with Xzara's remains?
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Okay, you all manage to get down safely with Minsc lowering you down. Then he gets helped down by Ajantis and Keldorn... Moving ahead of the party, TIAXINA, Alora and Imoen test the way. They find no traps, and after the stairs, another 20' of corridor sees the path turning sharply west, to another set of descending stairs. You can all feel the weight of the dirt and stones above you seeming to press down on you. This corridor travels 40', then dead-ends. There is a door to the south at the 30' mark.

Suddenly, TIAXINA, Ajantis, Keldorn and Imoen feel terribly, terribly afraid. Turning, they start to run, running back until they are at the pit, where they literally bounce off the walls trying to get away...

TIAXINA runs for 7 rounds, Ajantis 8, Keldorn 2, Imoen 3
    And yes, you are.
  • Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    Suddenly... Black Dragon!

Black Dragon!

Just Kidding :).
    Please resume your game.
    @LadyRhian Can Imoen retrieve Xzara's spider climbing slippers without risking impaling herself on any of the poison spices?
    spikes?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    "What's gotten into you guys? Useless, utterly useless."
    OOC: What equipment did Xzar have on him/her again?
    OOC The only thing I remember is slippers of spider climb and some bracers of AC either 3 or 4.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    OOC: I have arrived... One page of reading to see where you are
    Once you stop running, nobody seems to know why. It's just a horrible, unreasoning fear. And yes. Xzara's corpse has her slippers of Spider Climb, +4 Ring of Protection, Wand of Magic Detection (38 ch), a Potion of Regeneration, Bracers of AC4, Cloak of Protection +3, +2 Dagger, a Scroll of Disintegrate, Dispel Magic, Levitate and Burning Hands.
    Can they be retrieved without serious injury or death?
    Yes.
    The shadows surrounding the shattered remains of Xarina congeal into an even greater and more terrible shadow. The screams of hell usher in the arrival of Sarevok.

"What is this horrible place, what deeds must I do now to atone for my transgressions?"
    Before the shadows are done congealing, Imoen snags Xzara's magic items. :)
    edited August 2012
    "I think Xzara would have wanted me to have her +4 Ring of Protection to remember her by..."

*Tenderly takes Xzara's soft tattooed hand in his and holds it for a brief moment before removing the ring from her finger and places it on his own.*

OOC: Since Kivan's ankheg plate isn't magical, he'd just have a straight +4 bonus to AC right?
    Yes.
    Sarevok is a Level 9 Fighter His stats are S18/00 Dex17, Con 18, Int 17, Wis 10 Cha 15 He has 126 hp.
    He has +1 Plate Mail, +1 Shield, 2 Javelins of Lightning, +1 Hammer and a Potion of Flying.
    LadyRhian said:

Sarevok is a Level 9 Fighter His stats are S18/00 Dex17, Con 18, Int 17, Wis 10 Cha 15 He has 126 hp.

OOC: woot, I'm a total min max god.. Okay, failed god to be. Question, along with my gear I'd love to have a ten foot pole. I just love ten foot poles :)
    His AC is -3.
    Okay, you can have a 10 foot pole. Rope, too, if you want it.
    Imoen quickly grabs the rext of Xzara's magic items. She dons the slippers and takes the cloak of protection and wraps it around her shoulders. She tucks the +2 dagger into her belt. Everything else goes into her pack.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    " Sarevok.... I don't think we can throw him through the mist, can we?"
    brb Dad is calling me.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Minsc scratches his head.

"Minsc forgets, is Sarevok his friend or enemy?"
    "Imoen! I knew I felt something familiar... You must have drawn me here somehow, but why? Wait, you are so young, this isn't right... How can this be, we are not yet linked. Stand aside little girl, I must be here to protect you so that I... I... I can not say."

Sarevok moves out of the pit and into the hallway, to stay clear of the stench.
    Alejandro said:

" Sarevok.... I don't think we can throw him through the mist, can we?"

He's much stronger than Xzar though. It would probably take 3 of us to do it.
    Back. Okay, what do you want to do?