Skip to content

Steam version on the 31st?

EmeusEmeus Member Posts: 64
Will Siege of Dragonspear launch on steam? Otherwise I am afraid I can't play it even if I want to, due to network problems, I can't download games through beamdog client nor official installer for a long time now, it always stuck at "Getting download info", so I bought BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE on steam again and steam offers max download speed.
Post edited by AlexT on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Emeus wrote: »
    Will Siege of Dragonspear launch on steam? Otherwise I am afraid I can't play it even if I want to, due to network problems, I can't download games through beamdog client nor official installer for a long time now, it always stuck at "Getting download info", so I bought BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE on steam again and steam offers max download speed.

Yes, it will be available on Steam at launch.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    You will find it as a DLC of BGEE on Steam.
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    While on the topic of steam. As i brought it though Beamdog I asked about getting a SoD steam key and was told " we are giving out Steam Keys as soon as we get them when the game releases."

But I didnt think to ask, do i have to request the key on day of release with a support email and wait. Or will everyone automatically be getting a key sent via email? Thanks :)
  • EmeusEmeus Member Posts: 64
    I am so glad to hear it o:)
  • IlinsarIlinsar Member Posts: 1
    If we preorder the Collector's Edition which already contains a steam key, do we get this key on release via email or do we still have to trade the beamdog.com one via support?
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    edited March 2016
    It was confirmed in one of Beamdog's streams that yes, after purchasing the game from them, we can request the Steam key from the support.
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    I've edited the title of this thread to avoid confusion.

Here is the official answer - Siege of Dragonspear will be available on Steam on March 31st for Windows, Mac and Linux.
  • InsultionInsultion Member Posts: 179
    00zim00 wrote: »
    While on the topic of steam. As i brought it though Beamdog I asked about getting a SoD steam key and was told " we are giving out Steam Keys as soon as we get them when the game releases."

But I didnt think to ask, do i have to request the key on day of release with a support email and wait. Or will everyone automatically be getting a key sent via email? Thanks :)

I do believe we've to request one through the support e-mail.
  • FiachFiach Member Posts: 231
    Any date for android yet please ?
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    Fiach wrote: »
    Any date for android yet please ?

I believe april/may was mentioned. Not 100% sure though.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
  • FiachFiach Member Posts: 231
    Thanks very much
    bengoshi wrote: »

Thanks very much Bengoshi, much appreciated! :)
  • CheryChocieCheryChocie Member Posts: 47
    For someone in the UK, does anyone know when it's going to be released? We're currently in British Summer Time so as of writing this, it's 11:52am
  • NildarNildar Member Posts: 33
    I believe it will be 20:00 in the UK and 21:00 in central Europe.
  • CheryChocieCheryChocie Member Posts: 47
    Cheers mate
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Plus an extra four hours as the servers melt due to everyone downloading at the same time ;)
  • cloudkillbeatsallcloudkillbeatsall Member Posts: 98
    Nildar wrote: »
    I believe it will be 20:00 in the UK and 21:00 in central Europe.

I thought it was 19:00. Noon Edmonton time is 19:00 GMT.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    In the UK as of last Sunday we're now in BST (+1 hour), not GMT.
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    So does this mean the livesteam is in 3 hours? It says 9 am Pacific time, March 31 which is i think 3am for me.. and if the games out at 12pm Pacific time thats a 6am release in Australia?

Asking because im terrible with working out time differences and if it is at 3am for me i wouldn't want to be wrong xD
    edited March 2016
    decado said:

Ah, okay. But the game is released at Noon Pacific Time so @Nildar is correct. The beamstream starts at 17:00 UK time then.
    @00zim00
    Yes, the release is 6 am Sydney time, the stream starts 3 hours before.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited March 2016

decado said:

Ah, okay. But the game is released at Noon Pacific Time so @Nildar is correct. The beamstream starts at 17:00 UK time then.
    Wait, what? PST is GMT-8. Now I know certain areas are in DST and others are not (I sometimes wish DST would DIAF already), but that shouldn't convert an 8 hour difference into a 5 hour one!

EDIT: Never mind. You were talking about the Stream, not the release...
  • ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
    When it will b in the middle east? ;x
  • EmeusEmeus Member Posts: 64
    edited April 2016
    What?! I can request free Steam keys if I purchased on Beamdog? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo QAQ
  • Darigaaz87Darigaaz87 Member Posts: 135
    Emeus said:

What?! I can request free Steam keys if I purchased on Beamdog? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo QAQ

Yes you can, it was also written in the FAQ section of the site:
    Q: If I buy on Beamdog.com will I get a Steam key?
    Yes. After the release of the game you can contact support@beamdog.com to request a Steam key.
    But it seems that Steam hasn't yet given the Key Codes to Beamdog, since I'm still waiting for mine.