Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Dee wrote: »
    GOG is still a little bit in limbo. I can say with reasonable certainty that SoD will not be available on GOG on March 31.

There you go, brave warrior @Rodrian.
    Rodrian
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I tried chatting on the Twitch-stream channel, but I'm asked to login with Facebook. Is there no other way to comment? If not, I'll just use this thread.

And despite not being able to play Dragonspear for a while, pending the GOG release, I'll celebrate with you and be very, very, very jealous.
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    edited March 2016

I tried chatting on the Twitch-stream channel, but I'm asked to login with Facebook. Is there no other way to comment? If not, I'll just use this thread.

And despite not being able to play Dragonspear for a while, pending the GOG release, I'll celebrate with you and be very, very, very jealous.

@Son_of_Imoen, you can make a Twitch account outside of signing in with Facebook.
    cmk24
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited March 2016
    @Amber_Scott What the hell is it with you and that hat !!!???

Im getting more and more use to see you with it.. hehehe

Is there a story i havent heard or seen in here of that hat (or what ever it is) ? :)
    I'm sitting ready to watch the Twitch stream with my plate of supper in front of the monitor, but I just found out I got the timing wrong. 9:00 Edmonton time translates to 17:00 here in The Netherlands, but the Beamblog says the stream will get live 9:00 Pacific Time. Now I wonder, what part of the Pacific? The east coast of Australia at 9:00 that would be a long wait - or be already in the past?
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    9 am PDT, which is 10 am Edmonton time (so about 30 minutes).
    lordkimRodrianlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited March 2016
    Are you sure it's 30 minutes, not 1 hour 30 minutes? Because http://time.is/PST tells me now it is 7:30...
    Godspeed you Blue Bardhat wearing Dragonspearlauncher and may it launch well and have a safe journey (to GOG-heaven of course ;-))
  • woowoovoodoowoowoovoodoo Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2016
    @bengoshi, it's daylight saving time now, no? (I'm not sure). So, http://time.is/PDT
    JuliusBorisovcmk24
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Whatever time nine minutes from now is, that's the right time.
    JuliusBorisovRodrianrorikonlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited March 2016
    The UI in SoD has been reworked thanks to the open beta of 2.0 feedback and it looks very sexy!

If you install SoD on BGEE, the black SoD UI will change the blue BGEE UI :)
    kaguana
    Did I hear it saying Amber Scott well, in the stream or just my imagination? "You'll be able to play Siege of Dragonspear in a couple of days on GOG?" Anyone else heard that? Or is wishful thinking playing tricks with my ears?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2016
    Did I hear it saying Amber Scott well, in the stream or just my imagination? "You'll be able to play Siege of Dragonspear in a couple of days on GOG?" Anyone else heard that? Or is wishful thinking playing tricks with my ears?

What was said in the stream was that it would be today or tomorrow for people who have the game on GoG.com (hopefully today though it might be delayed a bit)
    Sylvus_MoonbowJuliusBorisovSon_of_ImoenRodrian
    WOW! I can party with everyone else as well!
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085

WOW! I can party with everyone else as well!

YAY! <3

We're going to rock your world, brave warrior @Son_of_Imoen!
    Son_of_Imoen
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    You know what's better than Amber & Phill's duet?
    Amber & Stephanie's duet!
    Those *snorts* are now definitely considered as canon for Safana :heart:
    Am I right, @Buttercheese ?
    Nonnahswriterlolien
  • CendarCendar Member Posts: 27
    Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see anything in Steam that allows me to download the game. Checked the DLC section of BGEE, searched the game library and both still come up with zilch. Even the SoD website still says "Preorder" not "Buy". So excited to play today! Where is SoD?????
    isgorath1
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Cendar Looks like Steam is having a slight delay... But it will be released today anyway.
    JuliusBorisov
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    I'm in class atm :(
    /tempted to skip my final lecture class of the day but I know I shouldn't >_>
    JuliusBorisovkaguana[Deleted User]lolien
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    edited March 2016
    http://prntscr.com/amjjv1 I'm assuming the servers are busy... kinda wish i didn't uninstalled BGEE

Edit: Nevermind i had right click and select run admin to get it to start! *dope*
    Post edited by Vasculio on
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited March 2016
    Mine won't even download! It says "Verification failed due to server error".

Clearly the forces of evil are at work! Anything I can do to solve this, brave forumites?

EDIT: Nevermind, it worked after multiple tries :)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Great month! Daredevil, Star Wars bluray and Baldur's Gate all released. All my favorite things :D
    Jairyanna
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    I don't get it ... where is it on steam?
  • woowoovoodoowoowoovoodoo Member Posts: 150
    @SamuelVarg, not landed yet.
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    well it currently says i will be able to play the game in three days when it finishes downloading...
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

JuliusBorisov
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Qbert said:

well it currently says i will be able to play the game in three days when it finishes downloading...

That is what Steam says???? I thought Steam would be much quicker than that. The Beamdog client goes between 1 and 14 days download estimated time