Skip to content

List of known continuing Companions into SOD

Comments

• AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    We seem to be a little low on evil fighters. Is there really only Dorn left? Or is Shar-Teel or Kagain anywhere to be found?

There do not seem to be neutral alternatives as well?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Ammar said:

We seem to be a little low on evil fighters. Is there really only Dorn left?

Yes.
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    edited April 2016
    Just in case anyone's wondering here's the NPC's you can get after the initial dungeon:

Minsc
    Dynaheir
    Viconia
    Safana
    @illathid
    Actually Garrick, Tiax and Coran are not reclutable. Corwin tells you that they are in Baldur's Gate; you can meet them, but they will not join CHARNAME.
    Aedan said:

@illathid

Actually Garrick, Tiax and Coran are not reclutable. Corwin tells you that they are in Baldur's Gate; you can meet them, but they will not join CHARNAME.
    I'll edit accordingly.

I never liked them and so I insulted them when I ran into them. ;)
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    illathid said:

Just in case anyone's wondering here's the NPC's you can get after the initial dungeon:

Minsc
    Dynaheir
    Viconia
    Safana
    I could have sworn i saw Rasaad during one of streams in one of the temples.
    @megamike15
    While he is in Baldur's Gate, Rasaad will not join CHARNAME's party. He will follow you later.
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    illathid said:

Minsc
    Dynaheir
    Viconia
    Safana

No Edwin?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    Vitor said:

illathid said:

Minsc
    Dynaheir
    Viconia
    Safana

No Edwin?
    he shows up after you leave the city.

Vitor said:

illathid said:

Minsc
    Dynaheir
    Viconia
    Safana

No Edwin?
    he shows up after you leave the city.
    So, do you have a complete list of all the classic NPCs that are recruitable in SoD?
    @Vitor
    There you go (but keep in mind that they can join you in different places/times):
    Minsc
    Dynaheir
    Khalid
    Jaheria
    Viconia
    Safana
    Edwin
    Rasaad
    Neera
    Dorn
    Baeloth
    Glint
    Corwin
    Voghiln
    M’Khiin
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    illathid said:

Minsc
    Dynaheir
    Viconia
    Safana
    Safana is actually in the starter dungeon if you had Imoen in your party at the end of BG.
    @Messi
    You can find her later even if you imported a save without Imoen in your party.
    Aedan said:

@Vitor
    There you go (but keep in mind that they can join you in different places/times):

Minsc
    Dynaheir
    Khalid
    Jaheria
    Viconia
    Safana
    Edwin
    Rasaad
    Neera
    Dorn
    Baeloth
    Glint
    Corwin
    Voghiln
    M’Khiin
    Wow! That's awesome.

So, the original voice actress of Jaheira came back, or was she recasted?
    @Vitor
    Jaheria has the vanilla sound set, but she will be silent in her new dialogues. Unfortunately, they tried to contact her original VA, but with no success. Anyway, she still rocks even if she silent!
  • craymond727craymond727 Member Posts: 208
    edited April 2016
    Where exactly does one find Viconia? I thought I had cleared the city but am unable to locate her.

Edit: Resolved
    Post edited by craymond727 on
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    If anyone has a list of 100% confirmed to not leave you party members could you PM me or post it here and I can update the main post. Havnt had enough time to play SoD to the point where I know the status of all the Npcs. Thanks :)
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    Ok everyone... I have a question.

I havn't played SoD yet and I'm desperately trying to avoid spoilers, but what I want to do is start afresh with a BGEE game (No reload) and transition seemlessly into SoD. For roleplaying reasons (as well as personal ones!) I also want to gather together a party of NPC's through BGEE that I can keep when I move into SoD and who play a significant part in the new game.

But of course I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

So my conundrum. Can any of you kind people point me to the Good/Neutral NPC's that I meet in BGEE and who continue to adventure with me in these newer uncharted waters!
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    @Aedan

What happens to Skie after you let her join the flaming fist? Does she not join you in the camp?
    @Icecreamtub
    Skie will never join you party. However, you will meet her again during the game and you will have the chance to know her fate :)
    @Aedan

I'm actually really annoyed to hear that, she looked like a really nice update over the previous Skie. Oh well... Guess it's Glint & Safana for me, then.

By the way, it seems the NPCs are lacking in terms of meat shields?
    @Icecreamtub
    There are many nice and good shields in SOD! The more you go further, the better shield you will find. Khalid, Jaheira, Glint and M’Khiin are the only NPCs that IMHO really benefit from wearing a shield.
    @BGLover

Minsc
    Dynaheir
    Khalid
    Jaheria
    Safana
    Rasaad
    Neera
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    Thanks @illathid. Much appreciated
    @Aedan

No, no, you misheard me dear Aedan. I said *Meat Shields*. I need more Meat Shields for my frontline! Hah. It seems the only options are Khalid, Dorn or CHARNAME for taking a hit or two and only CHARNAME can really sponge it up, Dorn doesnt take hits very well and last I checked Khalid wasn't an amazing tank either. With the AD&D Difficulty setting, archers go right for my spellcasters/clerics, so in my current party, I'm relying on pre-emptive CHARNAME Shaman to get some summons ticking, but nobody is around to take a hit without being near-death status.
    @Icecreamtub
    Sorry :)
    Yes, very few tanks.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I like how the new threads look. Keep it up! I won't click any of those spoilers till I find everything myself :) And I think the fact you keep everything under the spoiler tags will help greatly to others.
    No need to apologise, Abbil! I'm a little surprised to see the game lacks a good tank, given the new expansion has a lot of big battles going on. Ah well, let's what Sleep was designed for.
  • mikklemikkle Member Posts: 39
    I'm kind of disappointed we will get so little original characters. Enhanced edition ones are corny and bland so if I don't even plan to play them I'm left with extremely limited choice.
    And no evil fighters :cry: Dorn doesn't even feel evil
    I look forward to experience the new features though.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.