Skip to content

List of known continuing Companions into SOD

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2016

No need to apologise, Abbil! I'm a little surprised to see the game lacks a good tank, given the new expansion has a lot of big battles going on. Ah well, let's what Sleep was designed for.
    If you are playing a neutral or good party there is Khalid. Neutral and good parties can use Jaheira who eventually makes a pretty good tank thanks to iron skins. But both of them I'll admit aren't immediately available.

So my suggestion for a party that is having difficulty in that regard is to use summoning spells.

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    In the meantime, keep posting here :)
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    edited April 2016
    @typo_tilly

Whether he's a decent tank or not, he has the downside of having to take Jaheira with him. Whilst I do enjoy a bit of Khalid, I personally don't enjoy Jaheira, even from a gameplay point of view/party aspect, my team already uses a lot of Druid(s)/Cleric(s) anyway, so I never have need of her. At any rate, they're both good at taking hits and there's not much difference between the two. It seems to me that Jaheira's Druid powers only appear to really set in stone the vast differences of courage and strength between Khalid and herself. They're a great frontline duo, I guess, since that's the main point anyway.

@mikkle

Don't open this tag if you don't want to see Dorn spoilers.

What part of doing anything for power isn't Evil...? That's literally the definition? He also has a personality and is an intellectual being who also happens to be Power-Sexual. (Meaning he respects CHARNAME in their decisions and fits accordingly to that.) He is very much Evil and you can even lead him astray from said Evil, it's entirely at your discretion how Evil Dorn gets to behave. So, in my eyes, if Dorn isn't Evil to you, you clearly must be keeping him under a lock and key. What exactly do you expect an Evil character to be doing to be defined as Evil anyway? Running around raiding Villages and kidnapping Children?
    @Icecreamtub
    Since tanks are very few, the best you can do is summoning. M’Khiin can summon some creatures that helped me a lot.
    The problem is that SOD is not very friendly with evil players. You just get Edwin, Viconia, Dorn, Safana and Baeloth. The only one that can stay on the frontline (relatively) is Dorn.
    Strangely, I miss Kagain!
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    elminster said:

No need to apologise, Abbil! I'm a little surprised to see the game lacks a good tank, given the new expansion has a lot of big battles going on. Ah well, let's what Sleep was designed for.
    If you are playing a neutral or good party there is Khalid. Neutral and good parties can use Jaheira who eventually makes a pretty good tank thanks to iron skins. But both of them I'll admit aren't immediately available.

So my suggestion for a party that is having difficulty in that regard is to use summoning spells.

Well... Minsc is a good tank, isn't he?
    edited April 2016
    @Vitor
    Not so much in SOD. I think that Jaheira is definitely better than him.
    Vitor said:

elminster said:

Well... Minsc is a good tank, isn't he?
    Minsc and Dorn are more brunt damage types.
  • IthualIthual Member Posts: 136
    PK2748 said:

Gnomes are improved Dwarves, so 2 Gnomes are like the equivalent of 5 Dwarves

Erm... I never use Gnomes and LOVE Dwarves. The two are completely different. Gnomes can't get 19 con and be Dwarven Defenders.
  • HadarHadar Member Posts: 171
    edited April 2016
    elminster said:

My goal at some point over the next few weeks is to release an NPC guide to SoD on steam - in a similar light to what I released for BGEE and BG2EE. I'll make a post here about it when I actually finish it.

Story Spoilers--
    Why Beamdog decide to eliminate all the original NPCs?
    Post edited by Dee on
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    I'm actually more upset about the lack of clerics. There's Viconia, that's it.
    @illathid
    If you want a pure cleric, yes, there is just Viconia.
    If you want a healer, you can count on Jaheira, Glint and M’Khiin. M’Khiin can cure a lot!
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    @Aedan
    Yeah, but they all get disqualified in my party:
    Viconia is evil
    Jaheria is a druid
    Glint is a gnome
    & M’Khiin is a druid lite
    :tongue:
    @illathid
    Then you are doomed :smiley:
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    If you really need another tank, you can create a second PC and bring them along too.
  • limalama45limalama45 Member Posts: 32
    I dunno if anyone else has found this or my game is bugged but....

After the prologue, Shar-Teel has stayed with me all the way through Chapter Seven and into Chapter Eight so far, whereas the rest of my companions left. Now I don't know if this is suppose to happen or if its a bug. I am happy she has stayed as it fits as she was my lover through BG.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Does anyone know if you ever get the items you had equipped on your non-SoD compatible characters back? I know the items that were in their inventory can be found in the Ducal palace, but I would like to get my Cloak of Balduran that Branwen had equipped back too. Or do I just need to use the console at this point?
    @limalama45
    Really? Wow. That is strange. In my game, after chapter 7, she left and Corwin does not say a word about her. How could you recruit her again? Was she in Baldur's Gate city?
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    @Messi I don't believe you can find them back (Viconia had lost all her equipment when I rerecruited her).

After the prologue, Shar-Teel has stayed with me all the way through Chapter Seven and into Chapter Eight so far, whereas the rest of my companions left. Now I don't know if this is suppose to happen or if its a bug. I am happy she has stayed as it fits as she was my lover through BG.
    Did she say anything when the other companions did and left?
    As a matter of fact no she didn't say anything like the others did
    edited April 2016
    Aedan said:

@limalama45

Really? Wow. That is strange. In my game, after chapter 7, she left and Corwin does not say a word about her. How could you recruit her again? Was she in Baldur's Gate city?
    She was just in my room at the Palace when I awoke after doing the tomb - asleep on the floor! Didn't have to recruit her. I think for some reason my game has made her like another character I created! No idea why and not gonna complain as it fits my story and I have dualed her to a thief so she can be my thief instead of Safana as planned and I can be truly evil! But just wondered if it was just me or not. Obviously just me lol!
    edited April 2016
    @limalama45
    Okay, thank you. It sounds like a bug :)
    edited April 2016

Err...she was your lover through BGEE? You must have been running a mod.
  • rikperikpe Member Posts: 1
    I've played for a while and explored a bit, but I want to complete my party and I can't find my favourite wild mage Neera! At what point will she be available?
    @rikpe
    She is in Bridgeford. You can recruit her once you have the wardstone to enter there.
  • MirenheartMirenheart Member Posts: 41
    I really do wish there was a good dwarf to pick up into my party.
    I have this nice helmet that gives dwarves +2 constitution and everything!
    Perhaps I should do another playthrough and make my own...
  • KennisKennis Member Posts: 124
    I wish I could pack port Korgan to start with him for the whole game. :)
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    I probably won't be able to play the game for a month or so but I'm already thinking parties and I'm curious about the new companions... Can we get an update on the OP about races / classes / alignments?
    Thanks!
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Does anybody know if Dorn, Rasaad and Neera join you with the same equipment, proficiencies and levels you you left them with after the initial dungeon? I did this question in another thread, but i guess it fits here better