Skip to content

List of known continuing Companions into SOD

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the reason for imoen not being in your party seems so contrived to me. you'd think she along with minsc would be the priority when it came to the returning npcs.
  • WulfgarBattlehammerWulfgarBattlehammer Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone know where to actually acquire Neera? Or more specifically, when? I'm still in the very first area you get to right after you leave Baldur's Gate, but I'm stick with Dynaheir right now but would like to kill her, keep Minsc and grab Neera as soon as possible.
  • AntaraReisAntaraReis Member Posts: 26
    I hear it is possible to create multiple characters.

Is it therefore possible to recreate missing companions that way?
  • WulfgarBattlehammerWulfgarBattlehammer Member Posts: 12
    Thank you for the info! I'm glad she isn't terribly far away. She's been my favorite addition to the roster thus far :)
  • mikklemikkle Member Posts: 39

@typo_tilly

Whether he's a decent tank or not, he has the downside of having to take Jaheira with him. Whilst I do enjoy a bit of Khalid, I personally don't enjoy Jaheira, even from a gameplay point of view/party aspect, my team already uses a lot of Druid(s)/Cleric(s) anyway, so I never have need of her. At any rate, they're both good at taking hits and there's not much difference between the two. It seems to me that Jaheira's Druid powers only appear to really set in stone the vast differences of courage and strength between Khalid and herself. They're a great frontline duo, I guess, since that's the main point anyway.

@mikkle

Don't open this tag if you don't want to see Dorn spoilers.

What part of doing anything for power isn't Evil...? That's literally the definition? He also has a personality and is an intellectual being who also happens to be Power-Sexual. (Meaning he respects CHARNAME in their decisions and fits accordingly to that.) He is very much Evil and you can even lead him astray from said Evil, it's entirely at your discretion how Evil Dorn gets to behave. So, in my eyes, if Dorn isn't Evil to you, you clearly must be keeping him under a lock and key. What exactly do you expect an Evil character to be doing to be defined as Evil anyway? Running around raiding Villages and kidnapping Children?
    I just think he is a little too gentle and bland as for evil half-orc. It can be just my taste of course and no I don't expect raiding villages.
  • roachtbproachtbp Member Posts: 42
    If you import a party into SOD that contains Imoen, Imoen immediately leaves the party and is unplayable. I've heard that if this is the case you can find Safana somewhere in the starting dungeon. Where in the starting dungeon is Safana located??? Is she found on the very first map or is she found later on in the dungeon??
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    roachtbp said:

If you import a party into SOD that contains Imoen, Imoen immediately leaves the party and is unplayable. I've heard that if this is the case you can find Safana somewhere in the starting dungeon. Where in the starting dungeon is Safana located??? Is she found on the very first map or is she found later on in the dungeon??

She should just be in your party to start with. I think it's generally a bad idea to import a party, it seems to create more problems than if you just play through the fight with Sarevok and start SoD that way.
  • roachtbproachtbp Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2016
    illathid said:

roachtbp said:

She should just be in your party to start with. I think it's generally a bad idea to import a party, it seems to create more problems than if you just play through the fight with Sarevok and start SoD that way.

No, it's my understanding that Safana is only automatically in your party if you DON'T import your party and instead select one of the default parties. If you don't import, you can select from a good aligned default party, neutral aligned default party, or an evil aligned default party. If you select the Good Aligned default party, Safana appears with the cannon party (Minsc, Dynahier, Khalid, Jahiera) in the place of imoen. Safana also appears in the neutral aligned default party and the evil aligned default party (Safana appears in every default party).

But if you IMPORT your party from BG1, you get to keep whomever you had in your party in BG1, with the exception of Imoen. So all characters from BG1 can be imported, exempt Imoen. There is a special exception for her. Imoen instantly leaves your party and is unplayable if you import her. As a result, your party of 6 from BG1 will suddenly become a party of 5 because you immediately lose Imoen.

But I think I read somewhere that if you do import a party that contains Imoen, you can find Safana standing around somewhere in the starting dungeon (as a replacement for Imoen). I was wondering where Safana could be found. Is she found immediately, somewhere on the first map of the starting dungeon, or later on in the starting dungeon???

Or maybe this isn't true, and if you import a party with Imoen you are stuck with a party of 5 throughout the stating dungeon.

I plan to import a 6 person party that includes Imoen, and I'm trying to find out whether I will get a replacement character for Imoen in the starting dungeon or whether I will be stuck with a 5 person party (now without a thief after losing Imoen) for the starting dungeon.
    Post edited by roachtbp on
  • MirenheartMirenheart Member Posts: 41

I think you'd have to recreate the characters as player-made characters (using character creation then a program like EEKeeper) then start a multiplayer game.

Actually, there seems to now be a Create Party button in character creation that lets you make a whole custom party.
  • GarrtokGarrtok Member Posts: 29
    Where can you find Dorn?
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    edited April 2016
    @00zim00

How about adding NPC location to your initial post? I think those questions will pop up more often.

To start with:

• Safana - Baldur's Gate
    • Neera - Bridgefort
    • Dorn - Bridgefort
    • Khalid - Bridgefort
    • Jaheira - Road to Bridgefort
    • Voghlin - Road to Bridgefort
    • Corwin - In camp after rleaving Baldur's Gate
    • Edwin turns up at first camp, after a while. Don't know exact trigger?
    • Baeloth and M'Khiin - on map with first camp, near pit with chickens
    • Minsc and Dynaheir - Baldur's Gate
    • Raasad - In forest west of map with first camp
    • Viconia - when leaving Baldur's Gate
    • Glint - somewhere on first area after leaving BG? Forgot where exactly, but got him early.
    • Corwin - In camp after rleaving Baldur's Gate

• 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    I can tell people to come to your post and link to it. I dont want to spoil myself...

I assume your Spoiler is the locations :P?
  • MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303
    edited April 2016
    Hmmm ... that makes the game much more complicated for me.

No Branwen? Really? My favourite cleric for good/neutral parties ... she is gone with all her items after the first dungeon ... and I'm stuck with a bitch that will leave, if reputation increases too much ... or a multi-class cleric/thief.

Or back to Candlekeep ... to start with some special hero ...

What about Rayphus Goodtree as the maintainer of NPCs? Do removed companions wait endlessly in the camp? ... Any other implications? Would they still leave based on reputation?
    Post edited by Tresset on
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    00zim00 said:

I can tell people to come to your post and link to it. I dont want to spoil myself...

I assume your Spoiler is the locations :P?

Yes, but it's not quite complete. I am still missing some.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    People are criticising the lack of "tanks" - what about Jaheira? She's just as good as Khalid/Dorn/Minsc, provided she is played with the right equipment and tactics...her AC can be brilliant.

They should hire another VA to voice her lines though, who sounds like the original lady if they can't get the original. Having her stay silent would be weird. I wouldn't complain about a sound-a-like :)
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    edited April 2016

Personally, I'm just sad that Coran doesn't come along for the adventure. D:
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited April 2016
    @typo_tilly They weren't trying hard enough ;) I mean, I could probably do it, with the right drugs, and after watching a few Zha Zha Gabor movies.

But seriously, I would've preferred a voice, even if it wasn't similar.
  • HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301
    *sigh* And here I was hoping that some evil characters were going to make a comeback. I see the trend of BG games not facilitating evil playthroughs well continues. I was really looking forward to hanging out with Kagain and Shar-Teel again. I guess I'll settle for Dorn coming back for another go.
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    roachtbp said:

No, it's my understanding that Safana is only automatically in your party if you DON'T import your party and instead select one of the default parties. If you don't import, you can select from a good aligned default party, neutral aligned default party, or an evil aligned default party. If you select the Good Aligned default party, Safana appears with the cannon party (Minsc, Dynahier, Khalid, Jahiera) in the place of imoen. Safana also appears in the neutral aligned default party and the evil aligned default party (Safana appears in every default party).

But if you IMPORT your party from BG1, you get to keep whomever you had in your party in BG1, with the exception of Imoen. So all characters from BG1 can be imported, exempt Imoen. There is a special exception for her. Imoen instantly leaves your party and is unplayable if you import her. As a result, your party of 6 from BG1 will suddenly become a party of 5 because you immediately lose Imoen.

But I think I read somewhere that if you do import a party that contains Imoen, you can find Safana standing around somewhere in the starting dungeon (as a replacement for Imoen). I was wondering where Safana could be found. Is she found immediately, somewhere on the first map of the starting dungeon, or later on in the starting dungeon???

Or maybe this isn't true, and if you import a party with Imoen you are stuck with a party of 5 throughout the stating dungeon.

I plan to import a 6 person party that includes Imoen, and I'm trying to find out whether I will get a replacement character for Imoen in the starting dungeon or whether I will be stuck with a 5 person party (now without a thief after losing Imoen) for the starting dungeon.

Maybe I didn't explain that well. Here's what I did: Opened my save in BGEE (not SoD) just before the fight with Sarevok in the undercity. Imoen was in my party. After successfully beating Sarevok the BG ending cut scene played, followed by the opening SoD cut scene. When that ended, the party I had in the Sarevok was there with me, except Imoen was replaced by Safana. Imoen herself was there but was not a party member. I didn't have to do anything or progress at all to get Safana in my party. When the black screen went away and the game started she was in my party.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Merina and @SapphireIce101 Tresset and I added spoiler tags to your posts. Don't forget to add spoiler tags when discussing SoD things ;)
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    My question is do the companions you carry over from your last fight stay consistent? Will my Dynaheir keep proficinences and spells and tomes based attributes?
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738

*sigh* And here I was hoping that some evil characters were going to make a comeback. I see the trend of BG games not facilitating evil playthroughs well continues. I was really looking forward to hanging out with Kagain and Shar-Teel again. I guess I'll settle for Dorn coming back for another go.

I think SoD is great, but the two biggest weaknesses it has are the linearity, and the lack of evil characters. At the very least they should have had Kagain available in BG so you would always have an evil tank option.
  • zupskyzupsky Member Posts: 126
    I remember that they've said during the launch stream on twitch, that there is a secret character. Or am I remembering it wrong? Does anyone know something about it?

I thought that Calear Argent would finally join as a NPC (since she has a full VO, she even has a VO for taking a leadership over the party), but I've finished the game yesterday and it didn't happen.

• Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    Baeloth maybe?