Skip to content

(Spoliers) What can i take with me into BG2? EXACTLY PLEASE

Does anyone know EXACTLY what can be transferred from SOD to BG2?

Please spoil away,

are there any permanent Stat changing items in SOD? Tomes or potions? Anything like the Deck of many things boosts or Machine of Lum the mad?

What items can be found on importing into BG2?

I know on last live stream that SOD items get distributed through the starting Dungeon, but is it like a default setting (like Baldur's Helmet gets imported regardless of choice originally) like that?
Philhelm

Comments

• SurvivorSurvivor Member Posts: 68
    I would like to know this, too. I'd also like to know which of these scenarios is true:

1) Only items worn by the Bhaalspawn or in their inventory are imported
    2) Items in containers in the Bhaalspawn's inventory are also imported
    3) Items worn by NPCs or in their inventory are also imported

I have hoped for the second case and put most items that I found interesting in the bag of holding, maybe I'll enter Irenicus' dungeon tomorrow and see if I encounter any of the SoD items.
  • zupskyzupsky Member Posts: 126
    Survivor said:

I digged a bit with Near Infinity and think I found out which items are imported from SoD:

Voidsword +3
    Voidhammer +3
    Robe of Red Flames
    Belt of the Skillful Blade
    Archer's Eyes
    Helmet of Dumathoin
    Bard Hat
    Biter +2
    Tangled Strings
    Buckler of the Fist +2
    Dragon Blade +3

They can, however, -not- be found in Irenicus' dungeon, but in other areas.
    I hope this list isn't complete... There is a lot of amazing loot, made especially for some classes that would make me sad if they weren't ported to BG2.
    PhilhelmSpaceInvader
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    So there are no stat changing items? like either tomes or oh like those potions in IWD?

So that list, interesting we have to have those in our inventory upon import into BG2 but they don't show up in Irenicus' dungeon? I am curious how they will explain that, perhaps the Shadow Thieves stole them?

So there are no stat changing items? like either tomes or oh like those potions in IWD?

I am not aware of any such items.

So that list, interesting we have to have those in our inventory upon import into BG2 but they don't show up in Irenicus' dungeon? I am curious how they will explain that, perhaps the Shadow Thieves stole them?

I don't know if you need to have these items in your inventory. Maybe they are distributed in the game either way.

• SharShar Member Posts: 158
    Hm, multiplayer import again. Hate it when people stand between me and my hard-earned loot.
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    I am starting to think the only thing that will be of value to me from SOD will be the ability of starting at 500,000 XP.
    mf2112MacHurto
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919

I am starting to think the only thing that will be of value to me from SOD will be the ability of starting at 500,000 XP.

Some of the items look like they might be good for the first part of SOA. Starting at 500K is going to make some things in BG2 too easy, even at insane.
    DJKajuru
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    There's a certain magical katana that absolutely needs to be imported into BGII, and I didn't see it on the list. There are so few of these as it is!
    Quill_ArmguardSpaceInvader
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    mf2112 said:

Some of the items look like they might be good for the first part of SOA. Starting at 500K is going to make some things in BG2 too easy, even at insane.
    Then play on legacy of bhaal :p
    semiticgoddess
  • InconnuInconnu Member Posts: 99
    All I really wanna know is if they'll be in BG2EE either way or if they need to be in your inventory once you finish SoD. Considering all the crap in my Bag of Holding already, it'd rather not have to lug everything into my pack right before the end to ensure a proper transition.
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    edited April 2016
    ajwz said:

mf2112 said:

Then play on legacy of bhaal :p
    Remember that BG2 scales to player level. If you're concerned, try loading up a 10th level group with EE keeper and you'll see encounters that adapt to that. The D'Arnise keep is an especially good metric.
    Dragonspearsemiticgoddess
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    Survivor said:

I digged a bit with Near Infinity and think I found out which items are imported from SoD:

Voidsword +3
    Voidhammer +3
    Robe of Red Flames
    Archer's Eyes
    Helmet of Dumathoin
    Bard Hat
    Biter +2
    Tangled Strings
    Buckler of the Fist +2
    Dragon Blade +3

@AlexT During the stream you said there will be 10 importable items. @Survivor mentions 11 items. Where's the mistake? Thanks a lot for your future answer.
    lolien
  • Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    bengoshi said:

Survivor said:

Voidsword +3
    Voidhammer +3
    Robe of Red Flames
    Archer's Eyes
    Helmet of Dumathoin
    Bard Hat
    Biter +2
    Tangled Strings
    Buckler of the Fist +2
    Dragon Blade +3

@AlexT During the stream you said there will be 10 importable items. @Survivor mentions 11 items. Where's the mistake? Thanks a lot for your future answer.
    The first two items in the list are mutually exclusive so that is likely the explanation. Hope that clears things up friend.
    JuliusBorisovSurvivorKouga
  • bradbrad Member Posts: 32
    I'm unreasonably depressed that

Tongue of Acid +3

Won't be making the jump to BG2:EE with me. I love that thing and the idea behind it, and got to use it for less than an hour.
    ThacoBellbooinyoureyes
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    @Survivor Thanks so, so, so much! Now I, my OCD and myself finally know what items to hold on to, after skimming the forums for this comment since the release day. :smiley:
  • Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    I imagine if items are well received they will allow importing of more of them.
  • AerocrossAerocross Member Posts: 4
    Aside from the items in the list above, I found the Circlet of Lost Souls on the Kobold Shaman in the Slums Sewers in BG2. There may be more SoD items sitting around somewhere as well.
    Survivorsemiticgoddess
  • sffrrromsffrrrom Member Posts: 60
    Does anyone know if you need to have the items or if they are present in BGII EE either way?
    Because if you need to have them, I'd love it if there were console codes for the importable ones.
    edited April 2016
    Aerocross said:

Aside from the items in the list above, I found the Circlet of Lost Souls on the Kobold Shaman in the Slums Sewers in BG2. There may be more SoD items sitting around somewhere as well.

You are right. I had only checked the scripts for references to SoD items, however some of them are apparently simply placed on creatures in BG2, regardless of whether you had them at any time in SoD:

Heart of the Mountain
    Circlet of Lost Souls

Edit:
    Because if you need to have them, I'd love it if there were console codes for the importable ones.
    I can update this post with the item codes for the items from SoD in a few minutes.

Edit 2:
    Here is the list:
    • Archer's Eyes: bdamul02
    • Heart of the Mountain*: bdamul26
    • Belt of the Skillfull Blade: bdbelt02
    • Tangled Strings: bdbrd03
    • Biter +2: bddart01
    • Voidhammer +3: bdhamm02
    • Helmet of Dumathoin: bdhelm09
    • Bard Hat: bdhelm11
    • Circlet of Lost Souls*: bdhelm16
    • Robe of Red Flames: bgdrobe05
    • Buckler of the Fist +2: bdshld01
    • Voidsword +3: bdsw1h06
    • Dragon Balde +3: bdsw2h01

Items marked with an asterisk (*) are distributed in BG2 regardless of import.
    Post edited by Survivor on
    Cainoor
    Thanks! I had most of them but this way I will have them all to discover in BGII.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    Helmet of Dumathoin is a fantastic item. My wrecking ball, errr, Dwarven Defender has 144 HP because of that (Minsc has 77!!!). Thanks for this list! Knowing that my DD PC will have that again in BG2 rocks.
  • TenreccTenrecc Member Posts: 265
    edited April 2016
    Survivor said:

Heart of the Mountain
    Circlet of Lost Souls
    Is that the two items that
    made Shaman summons stronger? One gives blessing and one +10 HP?
    And they are added without having to play SoD at all? Where do they drop? :O
    justfeelinathome
    edited April 2016
    Tenrecc said:

Survivor said:

Heart of the Mountain
    Circlet of Lost Souls
    Is that the two items that
    made Shaman summons stronger? One gives blessing and one +10 HP?
    And they are added without having to play SoD at all? Where do they drop? :O
    Yes, it's these items. I think you might not even need to have the addon installed as these items might have been introduced to BG2 with the latest patch (because the complement the new Shaman class).

@Aerocross already wrote that they "found the Circlet of Lost Souls on the Kobold Shaman in the Slums Sewers in BG2".

The Heart of the Mountain can be found on a Troll Shaman in Spellhold.
  • BraggartBraggart Member Posts: 12
    Awesome thread, thanks for the lists Survivor!

Does anyone have any idea where the new items turn up yet outside of the two shaman ones?
    edited April 2016
    Braggart said:

Awesome thread, thanks for the lists Survivor!

Does anyone have any idea where the new items turn up yet outside of the two shaman ones?

I'm glad that I could help with most questions. For the locations of the other items, however, I'll have to pass because I do not want to spoil those locations for myself, sorry!
    justfeelinathome
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    edited April 2016
    Now I'm through the game (SoD, not BG II) and found each item except...

Robe of Red Flames

Anyone could give me a hint as to where it is hiding?
    Post edited by justfeelinathome on
  • SharShar Member Posts: 158

A certain red wizard gives it to you if you help him with his revenge at crusaders camp attacking the fort

justfeelinathome
    edited April 2016

Now I'm through the game (SoD, not BG II) and found each item except...

Robe of Red Flames

Anyone could give me a hint as to where it is hiding?
    Apparently,

it is given to the player be Edwin (after doing a quest for him, I assume)
    justfeelinathome