Skip to content

What did you like the most so far? (spoilers)

ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
Despite not having played a lot, what I liked the most so far was hearing Imoen again. That voice made me feel that this game was for real :) This is Baldur's Gate Again :) Now you realize how much voices are part of the BG experience. Frankly I did not expect it at all.

This made my day. Good move.

Post edited by ifupauline on

Comments

• SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Hooded man.

And the intro within the city of BG.

Epilogue was cool too.
  • MythagoMythago Member Posts: 23
    The voice actors are definitely a huge part of it. Plus it's weird (in a positive way) playing a Baldur's Gate game with infinity engine and not know what's going to happen! I've replayed the original games a bit too many times I think, especially the starting dungeon in BG2. I knew the dialogue inside out, then I finally installed Dungeon-be-done. Good times :)
  • MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    I haven't finished the game yet. As a matter of fact, I think I'm barely halfway through (the crusade just blew up a bridge).
    What I like the most of the game is the feeling. The game feels like BG, and that's a beautiful thing. Some things could have been done better (Edwin and I believe Jaheira have different voice actors), but I believe explanations are reasonable. All the polemic around certain lines or certain characters is utterly rubbish. Beamdog has done a great job.
  • MythagoMythago Member Posts: 23
    Moradin said:

I haven't finished the game yet. As a matter of fact, I think I'm barely halfway through (the crusade just blew up a bridge).
    What I like the most of the game is the feeling. The game feels like BG, and that's a beautiful thing. Some things could have been done better (Edwin and I believe Jaheira have different voice actors), but I believe explanations are reasonable. All the polemic around certain lines or certain characters is utterly rubbish. Beamdog has done a great job.

Indeed. I wasn't sure what to expect, exactly. The previous BG:EE content (extra party members & their quests) were good, but not spectacular. However, Siege of Dragonspear feels very well written, and I'm just stunned how nostalgic this experience is.
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    The reoccuring appearances of The Hooded Man, which close the gap to BG2EE.

And Zaviak.
  • EnvygamesEnvygames Member Posts: 57
    I personaly liked the first third of the game. The final Boss fight was cool too because it was quite the challange. Especialy since i got the feeling i was Underequipped for it. That was quite cool. I realy wish the Story was better...i wanted to like that the most unfortunatly i think its the weakest Point of the additional Chapters. But yeah Positiv: the Build up was realy good. Not to many Name droppings, here a pamphlet there a line of dialog, an explenation to why Imoen is a Mage now (beyound "bc i dual-classed her" ). The Various Boss-Fights over all where pretty cool. Although i feel Meele-CHARNAMEs will have it easier than Mages. But this will need more testing.
  • WesleyWesley Member Posts: 55
    So far (just began chapter 10), I am loving the game, and these are the highlights for me:

- Atmosphere. Baldur's Gate seems genuinely dangerous and seedy, being overrun with refugees. The devs did a nice job of depicting the Dukes just barely hanging on to control.
    - Area art. The maps are beautiful and nicely varied. Creepy forests with ancient monuments, opulent throne rooms abandoned and strewn with the detritus of battle, glowing gems and miraculous trees underground.
    - Characters. Glint's lines and voice acting are terrific - he is firmly in the highest tier of BG NPCs and it's nice to finally see a gnomey gnome. Corwin is fascinating for her combination of commanding wisdom and personal insecurity. Edwin's voice is, as always, perfect for his characterization. I haven't played with a big variety of NPCs, so I can't really speak to the rest.
    - Clues. There's something bigger going on here. At least one doppelgänger remains in Baldur's Gate, there are vampires in the woods, Illithids are secretly consolidating power among some religious order(s), and someone has gone missing from the Underdark. How are they all connected? I hope we will find out!

OK, back to the game to find new things to love!
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    hard to tell. the hooded man, the bridge scene or caelar's intentions. or the fact, that your enemies are not evil thugs, but rather people fully comitted to their cause.
  • rjmacreadyrjmacready Member Posts: 91
    The fact that they built up a budding relationship with Viconia so that when she rejoins in BG2 her romance just seems so much more logical and natural than the simply following the near utter silence from her in BG1. Even BG1 NPC barely so much as hints at it so to this was really great. Considering they had to do all this while keeping in mind all thats still to come from her in BG2 I think they did great.

It wasnt perfect of course - some of Viconias content seemed a little odd. I was expecting more from the duergar she knew and also the drow party whose leader she knew, but Im not sure if I screwed up on that second one and missed another meeting between the two during the quest. Doing a second run now and will find out. Also some dialogue resposed didnt quite flow as smoothly with her but on the whole they got her personality down pretty damn well. Its like she tests you by beating you with thorny brambles nearly the world game and then in the end says how there is nobody else she would descend into hell with and gives you a sweet little kiss. Like Jan said, thats our wicked little Viccy.

Anyway 1st game I did my BG1 import party only minus imoen and + safana. This time Ill try adding in Corwin and Glint and then maybe for my 3rd run take Mkhiin and Voghlin.

But yeah just seeing them put so much into party members with their injections and banter and conversations with CHARNAME. Lots of things made it feel like true BG content but noting more so than that.
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Moradin said:

Edwin and I believe Jaheira have different voice actors

Edwin was once again voiced by Jim Meskimen, albeit a Jim Meskimen 15 years older than the last time he performed the character.

We recorded a new actress for Jaheira after we were unable to contact the previous performer, but weren't satisfied the accent/voice was sufficiently consistent across BGEE-SoD-BG2EE, so in the end we opted to reuse previously recorded material and nothing else. It's possible some of the new performer's work slipped into into the game, but to the best of my knowledge if it did, it's a bug.

• minsc4prezminsc4prez Member Posts: 105
    I really enjoyed talking with Minsc and the other Rashamen with his witch, it shed some more light onto Minsc's character.
  • SebineSebine Member Posts: 6
    The best part so far is all the SJW bullshit and censorship damage control.

It's lovely to see a bunch of libtard cuckolds getting called out on their shit
  • WesleyWesley Member Posts: 55
    edited April 2016
    One thing I could do without are the respawning trolls that must be killed with fire.
    Post edited by Wesley on
  • Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    Hey now friend, lets try to be a bit more positive.

What I liked most is hard to think of precisely but I can tell you that when I first heard Minsc again I knew that this was really Baldur's Gate again and I loved it.
  • RamiellRamiell Member Posts: 58
    I love how the game look like, it really feels like a fantasy game and how increasing difficulty increase quantity and quality of mobs
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    The thing I like the most is having the chance to ask my comrades help during many quests. Dynaheir, Jaheira and Glint helped me a lot in many situations. In this way, I feel like they are really part of the group.
  • Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    Kenan said:

My favorite part is the forced SJW bullshit.

So nice to see it rammed down everyones throat just like in real life

Really brings the fantasy to life.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the game friend.
  • rjmacreadyrjmacready Member Posts: 91
    edited April 2016
    My second favourite part of the game is how in about a minutes worth of audio theyve managed to send a large portion of some ridiculous "movement" into mouth frothing and pants wetting.

HEY! Cut them some slack people! They are fighting for a better society! To free us from having a rampant political SJW agenda that constitutes roughly 3 sentences shoved down our throats!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    The AI improvements.

It has been something players wanted for many years - so that the game offered challenging fights without installing mods. The AI in SoD (I'm playing on Insane) is very good.

I liked when during one minute enemy assassin used Poison weapon and attacked Dynaheir, while another enemy thief backstabbed unprotected Safana, and all this happened when my fighters were meleeing with tough guys.
  • kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
    AI improvements are great. Finally I'm (almost) done with micromanagement.

The many NPC interactions are funny and make for a pleasant experience. Corwin and Glint (the only new ones I've tried) are very well characterised, I love them - had to leave out Jaheira and Khalid, for once!

NPCs helping during quests is excellent. Torment-like. I loved it.

Then the many people on screen, the army synchronised movements, the battles, the moral dilemmas..
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    The voice acting, David Warner is so great damn.
  • 4verse4verse Member Posts: 26
    Mizhena