Skip to content

which of the new characters will you like to see in BG2EE?

kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
I was wondering if anyone want to see the new characters in BG2EE, because I'll really wanna see some of them around in bg2ee they are bringing new test to the game that is fun, and amusing, interesting company, so what you think will you wanna see more of them?
  1. which of the new characters will you like to see in BG2EE?163 votes
    1. Captain Schael Corwin
      27.61%
    2. Voghiln the Vast
        3.68%
    3. M’Khiin Grubdoubler
        9.20%
    4. Glint Gardnersonson
        9.20%
    5. Some of them (explain who please)
        4.91%
    6. None of them
      14.72%
    7. All of them
      30.67%

Comments

• laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    all of them, i agree, the more the merrier
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited April 2016
    @kaguana
    Damn - I am so in love with Glint that I voted immediately after seeing his name.
    I did not see the option "All of them". It would be nice to see all these amazing characters again - but Glint comes first!
  • Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    Aedan said:

@kaguana
    Damn - I am so in love with Glint that I voted immediately after seeing his name.
    I did not see the option "All of them". It would be nice to see all these amazing characters again - but GLint comes first!

I made the same mistake bud, haha.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    And I still want my wonderfully green goblin romance exclusively for male and female half-orcs!
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    I don't mind most of them, Corwin can be annoying with her goody goody and I'll protect you because I don't trust you to protect yourself.
    Glint is funny and yeah it will be very amusing to see him meet Jan Jansen, also it will be good to have another thief around, well cleric/ thief it never hurt anyone ;)
    M'Khiin is a really good idea, an unexpected one that bring new possibilities to the game, she is cool.
    Voghiln as far as I see him should have being a DWARF he is sooo dwarfish like, why is he a human ? is he a human in disguise???
    Aedan said:

@kaguana
    I did not see the option "All of them". It would be nice to see all these amazing characters again - but GLint comes first!

@Aedan haha yeah Glint is really good character I agree, I would have like to see more of him, as for the vote it ok as long as BD will see that we want moreeeeeeeeee

@Diogenes42 it no problem as long as we will get more :)

What annoying me most and it probably not the place for it but it still annoying me WHY there isn't enough romance option for woman ????? and I'm not talking about lesbians I'm talking about straight once, this game bring 4 new characters 3 are for male romance and only one is female, what is wrong here, and in BG2 original again 4 romance just one for females, then there is the 4 added character one is bi, one is a lesbian, one female and one male so still woman sort with romances. forgive me for my rambling but it annoying me , not that anyone mention this topic here.
  • Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    Voghiln is man enough to satisfy any woman, who could ask for more?
    @Diogenes42 Hoo he is a man all right but it no fun to have only two well three (if I count Dorn) option on sod for woman
  • DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    I mis-clicked :( Glint plz.
  • HeavylineHeavyline Member Posts: 108
    edited April 2016
    None of them. I would rather see Baldur's Gate II left alone in peace. I wasn't huge fan Dorn, Rasaad, Hexxat and Neera being added in BG2:EE. They just didn't fit in.
  • KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156
    edited April 2016
    Autocrat said:

All of them, of course. The more, the merrier!

I'm particularly intrigued by how a high-level M'Khiin quest would pan out. Huge potential for awesomeness.

Personally, I'd be really curious to see how Amnians would treat a goblin. They're in a similar position to Drow as far as I remember, so I'm curious where M'Khiin would end up appearing.
    Heavyline said:

None of them. I would rather see Baldur's Gate II left alone in peace. I wasn't huge fan Dorn, Rasaad, Hexxat and Neera being added in BG2:EE. They just didn't fit in.

I liked Neera. I think she actually fit very well in BG2 with her quirky and explosive personality. The idea of the Wild Forest and the Camp was also really sweet and done in a flavourful manner. Could you elaborate why you didn't like the new NPCs?
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    I voted for (probably) all of them, because while I haven't gotten around to playing Voghiln, I know him from BP 2 and wouldn't mind him being there. Would make me wonder about the time when BP 2 is set though...

My personal priority-order, so far:
    1. M’Khiin Grubdoubler: Intriguing personality and standing in the world (hostility from other NPCs), witty remarks and hand crafted equipment only she can wear? 'nuff said!
    2. Captain Schael Corwin: perhaps no longer as a Captain, if she had to leave?? Also, not the easiest fit, since she has a family, which she would not leave, requiring presumably a major catastrophe to make that happen. Combat Wise she just shows how stellar her kit is, even with lowish Dexterity and perhaps her introduction in BG 2 would also spawn some decent, much needed Longbows.
    3. Glint Gardnersonson: Really, really great banter potential with Jan. On the other hand, perhaps, a possible redundancy in the thief department.
    4. Ja? What shall I say? Not entirely convinced of this spot yet.

Anyways, any one of them would make me happy.
  • MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303
    Schael Corwin ... she and her talk options remind me of a (former) best female friend ... which is interesting, because usually I do well at separating real life from what happens in fantasy games.
  • KhalDrogoKhalDrogo Member Posts: 60
    edited April 2016
    @kaguana

Sorry I miss clicked : All of them

I haven't playing with Glint Gardnersonson for now, maybe because I'm not a huge fan of gnome....

For M’Khiin Grubdoubler I didn't find her, do you know where she is ?

Voghiln the Vast I know him from The Black Pits 2 and I like him, He, Minsc and Boo are hilarious so I wouldn't mind him being in Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition.

Now the one I would like to see in BG2EE with mayhaps a new adventure is Captain Schael Corwin. She is my favorite new character.

I like her storyline. She's an archer, an officer in the Flaming Fist mercenary company whom help us during the Caelar Argent's Crusade crisis.

But when we explore her story, we find that she's a single mother. her husband is out of the picture, and while her father helps out, she's torn between her job as a mercenary, helping us, and caring for her daughter.

When we go down the romantic path with her we're witness of her inner conflict between her desire to be the mother she wants to be to her daughter and her job as officer in the Flaming Fist mercenary company.

The reason why I think it would be a great idea to have her in BG2EE with a personal quest ?

First : We helped Duc Eltan and Scar to investigate the Seven Suns Trading Coster and The Iron Throne (Now I wonder did Bioware make a wink to George R. R. Martin and A Song of Ice and Fire with this xD), during the Iron Crisis and butt-kicking our Half-brother Sarevok Anchev with our sword.

Secondly : She help us to fight against the crusade, she saw us in prison for the murder of .... but because of our romantic/friendship path, she believes we are innocent and wants to help us.

So maybe we can have something like :

After our "escape" Duc Eltan, Belt and Liia Jannath, give her the mission to help us to prove our innocence for the murder of "You know who" in the eyes of Baldur's Gate City, inhabitants and Entar Silvershield because of "HIM". After all we were exiled from the city because of this event.

We know that Captain Schael Corwin has a family, so mayhaps beamdog team can find something in there to use. So perhaps she can investigate about the Hooded Man whom was very very interested in our power and she finds something about his participation in the murder or something like that, and before she goes to tell the Duc, her father is killed from protected her daughter whom is kidnapped by Bodhi agents, because of this, and she discovers a note whom say stop searching the Bhaalspawn....

Waddaya think ?
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    edited April 2016
    Caelar Argent.

I haven't played the game yet, but I can assure you she is the most interesting thing in SoD. I want the option to recruit her in BG2 the same way we could recruit Sarevok in ToB.
  • 4verse4verse Member Posts: 26
    Mizhena
  • 4verse4verse Member Posts: 26
    kaguana said:

I was wondering if anyone want to see the new characters in BG2EE, because I'll really wanna see some of them around in bg2ee they are bringing new test to the game that is fun, and amusing, interesting company, so what you think will you wanna see more of them?

where is Mizhena?
    @KhalDrogo I really think you should at last try Glint he is such a character ;)
    As for M’Khiin
    You can find her at the top left of the first camping map

Corwin is an interesting character all right, with an interesting story I'm sure I just hope that if she will appear in bg2ee her story won't be a tragic one.

@4verse Mizhena isn't a join able npc .
  • BraggartBraggart Member Posts: 12
    Corwin could be pretty good fun
    she could even have been sent to Amn by the Grand Dukes to track CHARNAME down to bring to justice and continue the Skie murder storyline tying in with Irenicus and Soultaker dagger (could it be the same Soultaker dagger from Durlag's Tower/TotSC?)
  • ZeshinXZeshinX Member Posts: 88
    I wasn't particularly enamored with any of them, character-wise. Utility-wise, Corwin would be useful.
  • nomadmercnomadmerc Member Posts: 48
    I'd like a modded in Corwin to track you down and attempt to kill your character if you have a low rep score. And I want Baeloth in BGII already!
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    Oh, the difficulty of wanting to bring along old friends and meet the new! Nice problem though, gives replay value.

All + bring back Kivan as party member, pretty please, and make him romanceable! :-)
  • spacehamzterspacehamzter Member Posts: 77
    I want to continue my relationship with Safana
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    TStael said:

Oh, the difficulty of wanting to bring along old friends and meet the new! Nice problem though, gives replay value.

All + bring back Kivan as party member, pretty please, and make him romanceable! :-)

http://www.gibberlings3.net/kivan/
  • KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156

I want to continue my relationship with Safana

Might be difficult, considering her desire to kill you for $$ in Tethyr Forest. :P
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    both corwin and the goblin for me!!
  • nlyhnlyh Member Posts: 18
    Voghiln the Vast. Reason being is that he would fit into the Amn setting with ease.

Corwin has strong ties to Baldur's Gate and her child, so she would require a strong reason to actually travel down to Amn. (Unless something happens during SoD, I've not finished it yet) If there is a decent reason, then yeah why not.

As for M’Khiin Grubdoubler, though I did like that character, they will face huge issues in a city like Athkatla. They wouldn't live very long, unless sulking in sewers or whatever. It was okay in Siege of Dragonspear as they were not present in cities or densely populated areas. They were also part of a campaign that was willing to let prejudices slide in order to beat the crusade.

As for Glint, I have not had much interaction with the character as I am not a big fan of gnomes.