Skip to content

A new screenshot approaches!

Comments

• Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    sepotter said:

Well, crap.
    Am I the only one who actually likes the new (official) UI?

I'm sure most of us think its ok, we're just getting neurotic waiting for more screenies. =)

Rush_that_speaksSyntia13Moira
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    sepotter said:

Well, crap.

I wasn't impressed at first, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. I'm even liking the gold border, which surprises me.

Assuming that it will be moddable and customizeable, based on this thread I expect that we'll see the modding community do some even nicer things with it. But I actually really like it now. A lot.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    sepotter said:

Well, crap.

I'm with ya! It's not perfect but who can expect it to be? Besides I thought for a long time that they were gonna keep it at BG2 UI, and I was gonna kill myself so I'm happy now c:
    Fake_Sketch
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited September 2012

sepotter said:

Well, crap.

I'm sure most of us think its ok, we're just getting neurotic waiting for more screenies. =)

I wonder if the lack of new screenies has anything to do with the negative buzz generated by all the goblins and xvarts in here? One of my pet peeves is people who cry "troll" to anyone who disagrees with them, but I am starting to think that this project could be defeated by trolls, which sadly include a lot of people who are supposed to love the game.

< casts Fireball at the goblins, xvarts, and trolls who are destroying Faerun without even understanding what they are doing >
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I think that what this thread has demonstrated is the importance of customization. If the new UI will support anywhere near the level of customization that's being shown here, I call that a win.
    serabiet
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    I could play that theme, smokin a cigar and sippin on some fine scotch on the rocks
    JaxsbudgieserabietMoira
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

I could play that theme, smokin a cigar and sippin on some fine scotch on the rocks dwarven ale on the rocks

Fixed that for you. :)
    Jax! Tres cool.
  • StrangeCatStrangeCat Member Posts: 39
    Let's see some more pictures like the Inventory please tell me you changed that and not just the colors...
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    Think I may as well throw my 2c worth in. I quite like, I like how they've kept the original layout of the UI unlike a few of the pictures a few others have uploaded, I like the blue and gold, I think together its a nice blend of the familiarity of the original UI and something nice and new. On the other hand I think the right hand bar is too cramped, especially compared to the left and bottom bars and I agree the text box is a bit too small.
    More importantly, lets see the other shots!! Where are they? (I'm soooooo impatient!)
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335

Everyone meet Mad Men vs Baldur's Gate.

Photobucket
    Yeah ... that was way too much fun. Looks like a lot of work but most of it was just copied and pasted from older work :)

Oh and here are the portraits, from left to right they're roughly (ahem) Shar-Teel, Xzar, Safana, Viconia, Charname and Imoen.
    Photobucket

This would be Don Draper's UI of choice.
    Arsene_LupinGrandeC
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181

Everyone meet Mad Men vs Baldur's Gate.

Holy crap that is awesome.

Maybe if we're lucky BGEE will be able to accommodate custom-UIs.

• KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited September 2012
    @belgarathmth You are so funny, because me (and some others) post some screens, we kill the BGEE project ?... But in reality, in french BG community, at least 80% of the players are shocked by the blue GUI.

Something is wrong on this screen, can you find it ?
    http://nsa30.casimages.com/img/2012/09/10/120910091912627470.jpg

In BG2-tweak-pack, there is a cosmetic component for give to the commoners a mediaeval colors on their clothes (mostly variance of brown), personnaly i don't use it, but imagine the reaction of the guy who use this component when he saw the blue GUI ?!...

You can repeat in all your comments that you like the original GUI, that changes nothing, for most of the players this blue is inappropriate for a game like BG.
    The_New_Romance
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited September 2012
    Kerozevok said:

@belgarathmth You are so funny, because me (and some others) post some screens, we kill the BGEE project ?... But in reality, in french BG community, at least 80% of the players are shocked by the blue GUI.

Something is wrong on this screen, can you find it ?
    http://nsa30.casimages.com/img/2012/09/10/120910091912627470.jpg

In BG2-tweak-pack, there is a cosmetic component for give to the commoners a mediaeval colors on their clothes (mostly variance of brown), personnaly i don't use it, but imagine the reaction of the guy who use this component when he saw the blue GUI ?!...

You can repeat in all your comments that you like the original GUI, that changes nothing, for most of the players this blue is inappropriate for a game like BG.

blegarathmth's point: You are generating negative buzz by overanalyzing a screenshot and picking it apart.
    Kerozevok's counter-argument: But the blue looks awful. The blue. Oh man, the blue looks SO bad.

Seriously, I think blegarathmth is over-reacting a bit too but do you *honestly* consider that a worthwhile response? You literally made no counter at all, you just called him "funny" and gave him a statistic you came up with on the spot.

(Keep in mind I don't like the blue either. I just don't like your bloody attitude.)
    Post edited by Quartz on
    SophiaRush_that_speaksGodKaiserHellLock
    edited September 2012
    @Quartz Oh ?! It's my fault if 80% of the players doesn't like the blue ? It's incredible !

You agree with blegarathmth when he says that I am a xvart, a goblin or a troll, but you're shocked because I say he's funny ?

You are also a funny guy.
  • CrazedSlayerCrazedSlayer Member Posts: 130

I don't care for transparent UI's. Otherwise, you guys are posting some very good UI's here. I hope the developers are lurking.

Doesnt it say on the announcements that you can customize the GUI? I thought that meant you can change the colour or something in-game without mods.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited September 2012

I don't care for transparent UI's. Otherwise, you guys are posting some very good UI's here. I hope the developers are lurking.

Doesnt it say on the announcements that you can customize the GUI? I thought that meant you can change the colour or something in-game without mods.

• New, high resolution GUI.
      The Graphic User Interface (GUI) has been completely unhardcoded, thus making it possible to overcome its inherent limitations in terms of resolution. Beamdog / Overhaul Games are currently working on a brand new, high resolution GUI drawn by BG:EE's Art Director Nat Jones and fellow artist Madoline Bee, which will be customizable / moddable to a generous extent (some limits still apply due to the original BG code's resilience to Cameron Tofer's attacks; hopefully, Cameron will manage to find a silver-coated machete with which to treat the old code post-ship, further expanding the GUI's customizability).
    Though I understand what it says, I dont know what it means.. :-p

Does it means that we players can customize it?? it will easier for modders to mod it? both?? not clear...

CrazedSlayer
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    The latter, I'd presume...
    Yeah, that's clearly stating the GUI will at least be moddable. Great news! Whether players can choose GUI 'skins' in-game, or make various adjustments such as to interface colors, textures, borders, layout, etc., remains to be seen.
  • Rush_that_speaksRush_that_speaks Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2012
    @Kerozevok could you please point me to this research which shows that 80% of the players doesn't like the blue GUI?

I’m curious because first you wrote that French players were shocked by this color, then that players don’t like it. I’m very interested how sample was constructed and what was actual question asked to respondents ;/
    GodKaiserHellQuartz
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    I'm also very curious about the extent of this moddability. Will it simply be easier to change the appearance of the GUI (which was already possible, but complicated, as far as I understand), or will it even be possible to edit it's functionality...?
  • RhulqdahrRhulqdahr Member Posts: 28

@Kerozevok could you please point me to this research which shows that 80% of the players doesn't like the blue GUI?

Let's make a poll!
    Quartz
  • Rush_that_speaksRush_that_speaks Member Posts: 36
    @Rhulqdahr well It’s not that easy to have a representative sample. If poll isn’t obligatory some people (for example those who doesn’t care much about colors) might be less likely to participate – then results would be biased ;/

But hey, research has been done already because @Kerozevok told us an actual number ;p
    Quartz
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    Rhulqdahr said:

Let's make a poll!
    loooooool
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited September 2012
    Rhulqdahr said:

Let's make a poll!
    @Rhulqdahr be our guest..
    edited September 2012
    @Rush_that_speaks Rather than to be sarcastic, use your brain only 5 minutes, what's the GUI color of these games : BG1, BG2, IWD1, IWD2, PST, TOEE, Arcanum, Arx Fatalis, Morrowind, Oblivion, Dragon Age... Blue ? Green ? Yellow ? No, because these colors are inappropriate with a "medieval universe".
    Post edited by Kerozevok on
  • MoiraMoira Member Posts: 173
    Kerozevok said:

Blue ? Green ? Yellow ? No, because these colors are inappropriate with a "medieval universe".

Huh?

They liked those colors in medieval times. Especially green and yellow, easy to dye ^_^
    alkaiserQuartz