Skip to content

I'm completely dissapointed in these forums

IthualIthual Member Posts: 136
edited April 2016 in Off-Topic
I was part of the road to v2.0 beta testing of Baldur's Gate and I really enjoyed coming onto these forums. Whilst people had different opinions on what they liked and disliked, you could always feel the passion people had for the game.

Since the release of Siege of Dragonspear I feel almost depressed everytime I visit. It is swamped now with people complaining. No constructive criticism... just meaningless moaning.

At this moment in time, I feel I need to distance myself completely from these forums and the people that are commenting here because it is just hate. There is no love, no passion for Baldur's Gate.
Post edited by Ithual on

Comments

• RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    Uhm....no? There aren't many threads about Mizhena. And there is plenty constructive criticism going about.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Are we reading the same forum?...
  • MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303
    edited April 2016
    Which for me has been one week of only limited forum usage.

On the other hand, the only fine save files I still had included a Fighter7->Cleric, and I have continued with that hero in Siege of Dragonspear a bit and have reached Chapter Ten meanwhile ... while my BG party is not at Cloakwood yet.
  • sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    The forums were pretty bad last week. Things have definitely calmed down a lot, give it another week and hopefully it'll be back to normal. I was here most of last week and it did feel quiet hostile.
  • Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    Last week was crazy there were a lot of people with genuine grievances and many 1 post trolls. Its been much better this week. Imagine it will be back to normal soon.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    And many people with rather disingenuous grievances.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    Was a jokey post. Hard to convey tone when typing.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108

And many people with rather disingenuous grievances.

Hey now, let's not make this thread into another swamp. c: It's going to be a while before we can talk rationally about these things without gigantic threads and people being banned or warned.
    Just stating a fact. Nothing more to add to it.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    but not all npcs give you quests.
  • abentwookieabentwookie Member Posts: 91
    edited April 2016
    Rawgrim said:

Seen a few "The writing in the game is terrible (but what I really mean is that I hate Amber Scott)" threads. Saw one fellow say the game is muslim propaganda too. Due to the refugees in the game. That one was kind of stretching it, I felt.

lol Yeah, this is a problem within the gaming community as a whole right now. The whole GamerGate thing brought out the ugly side of the gaming community that has always been right under the surface. Its a problem is society in general right now as well and people like Donald Trump are just emboldening people to be more aggressive with their prejudices. Its pretty sad. :\ It will all blow over eventually but it will take time. All we can do it ignore it or do our best to fight it.
    Post edited by abentwookie on
  • tortuosittortuosit Member Posts: 63
    OP, it's depressing, yes, but just wait, typical angriness peak. Soon we will agains see more technical/story related threads. I just stayed absent from here, maybe will do some more time.
  • feersum_endjinnfeersum_endjinn Member Posts: 65
    What about those of us who like to argue?
  • KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104

I agree, with time things will return to their happier state.
    The bugs are getting fixed at a rapid rate.
    No need to pontificate.
    Soon enough everything will be great.

-Trent ;-)

Thanks for the comments, Trent! I too hope the dark fog that hovered over the forums will clear away with time. Please don't you and the team get discouraged! You guys are doing great work and getting better and better by the day, and I look forward to more amazing content Beamdog provides in the future!
  • NightRevanNightRevan Member Posts: 81
    There will no doubt be another game soon somewhere else that will do some terrible sin that will set off the perpetually offended on either side of this weird self-created culture war and it will move off and become the new 'last line of defense' against the evils of 'sexism/social justice' (delete as appropiate) and they will move their fight on hopefully (at least until the controversial character gets re-released anyhow).

Can't wait, it has been pretty depressing.
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    I do agree to some degree , there is far to many posts about this controvery thats in my opinion has been blown out of proportion, but there are also some very good posts and some good critisism that will hopefully make the game even better ( i love it already )