Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    edited April 2016
    Because you think I have no feelings either? I'm currently going mad because you guys are missing the point in every post of mine... After a couple posts I started losing patience and yes I was rude, BIG DEAL.

Stop considering what I write because I'm pissed that you're all missing the point, and consider the bug, maybe?

Once the issue was fully understood, it was acknowledged as a problem and @subtledoctor said he knew how to fix it.

The issue wasn't fully understoof at all, it helped discover a side issue that I didn't know about and wasn't even my point to begin with (dualclass not removing innates as expected if not picked and some stuff about dead magic zone that makes no sense to me)

Quit being so butthurt and consider the bug I'm reporting, then we can all get along.

THE POINT IM TRYING TO MAKE : CHARNAME FIGHTER GETS CHOOSE FEATS INNATE AS EXPECTED BUT THE LIST ISNT POPULATED (SoA, ToB or BP) Now is it a conflict with another mod, possibly, I tried to provide a weidu.log at some point but the post wouldnt go with such a long spoiler or something.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    mashedtaters
  • Abdel_AdrianAbdel_Adrian Member Posts: 430
    @subtledoctor No dig intended, thinking more about my personal experiences. But I'm getting out of this thread for the moment, I know when my presence won't help.
    mashedtaters
    edited April 2016
    Of course you don't owe me a thing, Did I ever say so? Initially I just wanted to help you make your mod better, went on a (admitedly long) tangent that I thought was a fun anecdote and all I got was "you re doing it wrong, of course it's bugged, totally on you". Is that how modders respond to every bug report?

FYI I've been home modding for a while now, long before the EEs, never released a thing except a shit update to a mod I like so it blended better with BGT (the vault). I know when the error is on my side and I wouldn't report it if it was the case.

You're very active and respond quickly @subtledoctor and I appreciate that, but when you miss the point at every turn it's infuriating. I like your mods and the concepts, even asked you if you considered asking for a subforum on a better community forum a couple pages back because I DO care.

As for the jab at @Abdel_Adrian I'm sorry but when you "like" a post where someone implicitly tells me to fuck off, I'm not letting it slide. This had nothing to do with that other comment...

1) bg2ee patch 2.0.62.2

2) that will likely break the game I'm currently playing so maybe later

3) whatever
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited April 2016
    lansounet said:

went on a (admitedly long) tangent that I thought was a fun anecdote and all I got was "you re doing it wrong, of course it's bugged, totally on you". Is that how modders respond to every bug report?

When people do weirdass things like use the console and all the other behavior that is NOT considered "normal play", then that's usually the case. It just so happens that the fault is partially a fault in the code. For future reference, long anecdotes do NOT help modders or other content creators; precise, concise, and clearly detailed steps to reproduce the issue are useful. You thought it was "fun"; the rest of us thought it was confusing as hell. It wasn't until you posted pictures that the issue become clear.

Also, quit being a dick to @Abdel_Adrian. Ugh, you honestly no idea how much lack of respect you have shown since you first began to report your issue, did you?
    mashedtaterslansounet
    I started short, my point was ignored, did a long version, still ignored, reiterated, another point is mentionned. At this point I lose patience because I feel like you all are lacking the respect I am due by reading what I wrote. Then I'm accused of doing weird stuff that caused the bug... Whatever. Respect, rudeness, I don't give a fuck at this point when you're either not reading, or dismissing it. There's your respect
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    mashedtaterslansounetMythalar
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    @lansounet

You really are being unhelpful, arrogant, and aggressive. Additionally, you have been incredibly unclear and lacking in specific detail, seeming to not provide all the information all at the beginning, or otherwise revealing important information as the thread progresses almost as a surprise. As an impartial reader, I had no idea what issue you were trying to report because it seemed that your issue kept changing or evolving, and I'm still pretty confused by what you have done and what your bug issue was from the beginning. Seriously chill out or you are likely to be reported for flaming or rude and disrespectful behavior. No one here has treated you with disrespect until you deserved it.

@subtledoctor has been patient and professional with you despite your lack of clarity and detail. He is not required to help you, yet responded to you immediately and kindly despite you rudeness. Kudos to him for reading between the lines of your lack of clarity and still being able to identify your issue(s?) with the intent of providing a solution. Stop trying to alienate and demotivate good, responsive modders. If you were treating me like that, it might just make me want to keep all my hard work to myself instead of publishing and helping. If you like to use mods, then stop being a jerk to mod creators.
    lansounetGozeta
    I provided information that seemed very clear to me when asked to do so, if you cared to read. All I got was dismissal and user-error answers.

Good luck finding the real cause though because I'm done for good with this thread, likely an incompatibility with another mod.

I don't mind being singled-out as the asshole, enjoy yourselves.
    mashedtatersSwifty_Magee
    I had a question about the ranger/mage XP progression.

I admit that I haven't had time to play it yet...but I was wondering if it would be feasible to apply a 5-10% XP penalty to the kit in order to try to make up a little bit for the fast progression?

I already have part of my playthrough planned for this kit, btw. I am still really looking forward to it. Work picks up in the summer for me, so I am not sure when I will be able to do it; but I still can't wait.
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    edited April 2016
    Has anyone tried the Loremaster? I wanna give it a go (love Bards) but I get the feeling UAI will wreck everything.
    @subtledoctor Probably unrelated but I've noticed they applied some "disable spellcasting" effect to berserker at lvl1 (AP_SPCL322) in BGEE, making dual to cleric or mage useless... Weird stuff going on with fighters...
    edited April 2016
    mashedtaters
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    This is the BG(2)EE table right?

Level Slots THAC0 damage APR Weapon Speed Bonus
    Unskilled 0 -2 -2 1 0
    Proficient 1 0 0 1 0
    Specialized 2 +1 +2 3/2 0
    Master 3 +3 +3 3/2 0
    High Master 4 +3 +4 3/2 -1
    Grand Master 5 +3 +5 2 -3

Perhaps nerf master a little and make it more available? If you reduce the THAC0 bonus to +2 instead of +3 it makes High Master and Grandmaster more appealing, but also helps balance classes you give mastery to, so they are not too overpowered?

Is that more of a SoB thing?
    IchigoRXC
    edited April 2016
    So, question...
    In order to change my kit from mage/thief to ranger/mage, I need to use an item or totem. Is this in the game somewhere, or do I have to cluaconsole it in? I assume you didn't give any details because you didnt want to give any spoilers.

edit: started a test game of BGEE to see if I could get this component to work.
  • Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229

So, question...
    In order to change my kit from mage/thief to ranger/mage, I need to use an item or totem. Is this in the game somewhere, or do I have to cluaconsole it in? I assume you didn't give any details because you didnt want to give any spoilers.

edit: started a test game of BGEE to see if I could get this component to work.

I know in IWDEE, you can buy a tome that changes your thief/mage to a ranger/mage. I don't know where the tome is located in BGEE, though.
    mashedtaters
    mashedtaters
    lansounet
    edited April 2016
    I'm using the latest version of Might & Guile on IWDEE, and I'm getting installation errors on the Revised Stalker component. This is the error I get when trying to install it:

ERROR: Cannot find 129 rows with at least 10 columns.ERROR: [kitlist.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Cannot Read 2DA Entry"))
    Stopping installation because of error.
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Revised Stalker], rolling back to previous state
    will uninstall 7 files for [MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2] component 225.
    uninstalled 7 files for [MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2] component 225.
    ERROR: Failure("Cannot Read 2DA Entry")

The other components of M&G installed correctly.
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    If you start a new character in BGII:EE, where can you get the multiclass kit items? Or could you give us the item codes for Keepering or consoling, please?
    Alright, thanks.
    edited April 2016
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Swifty_Mageelansounet
    edited April 2016

First: instead of Archers/Marksmen/Snipers et al. just getting certain Called Shots at certain levels, how about setting up a "ranged feats" system for them, so they can choose which Called Shot techniques they want to specialize in?

Further down the road: I think thieves are feeling left out. How about some Rogue Feats?? :smiley:

I like the idea of Ranger and Thief feats. The ability for Rangers to choose Called Shots sounds interesting. It would be cool to get further specialization with pure Thieves, as it would give the player an incentive to choose and stick with a vanilla Thief instead of dual or multi-classing them. Maybe give them some sort of dirty-fighting technique or special poison ability, if any of that's possible. How about an ability that pulls an enemy closer to the thief while slowing down, stunning, or confusing them; like, the thief is shooting out a grappling hook to ensnare an enemy? Don't know if that's possible to program in, but it would be sweet!

Also, unrelated to the above paragraph, but no installation errors with the new update to M&G.
    Grand Mastery for Bladesingers is not working in BGII:EE. It only goes to High Mastery. (4 pips.) I can also add more than 1 pip in other weapongroups.
    I've installed SoB after M&G, though, with the weaponproficiency overhaul.
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    edited April 2016
    Just a small idea, now that you managed to do a Ranger/Mage how about a Monk/Mage?
    - Maybe use Thief/Mage as base
    - Cannot use Armor/Helmets/Shields (Robes are fine?)
    - Monk+Mage weapon selection
    - Fist Damage progression
    - Monk innate ability's and AC bonus
    – Limited access to thief abilities: may only use Hide in Shadows, Move Silently, and Find Traps.
    - Better THAC0 progression than Thief/Mage.
    - Maybe loses MR as a drawback?

Would that be possible? (Maybe to unbalanced?)