Skip to content

[MOD] -NPC_EE- ... Non-Player Characters Enhanced, for Everyone!

Comments

• PrinceOfDoomPrinceOfDoom Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2016
    Okay, thats strange. Installed the voicepack and everything else... and the problem didn't happen this time. Perhaps it was because I used a different version of NPCee this time around from one of the locations to grab it. Weird.

I think I can chalk it up to 'Yet another BWS error that happens'. Seems to be working great though. Time to enjoy my playthrough.

Ooookay... weird. I tried with just the normal Fighter pregenerated and it worked.

I try to make my own character and it makes Imoen the duel-class.

Weird as hell. Made a male human Cleric/Ranger multiclass with one of the new soundsets. I don't know what is going on.

Hm. Could it be because I made him a human multiclass at the outset that caused it? I just made a new Ranger character to turn into a Ranger/Cleric with Keeper multiclass and now Imoen works just fine. Didn't use one of the new soundsets. Hm. Lets do some trial and error.

Very weird.

Update:

Okay, just checked. If I start my CHARNAME as a multiclass human of any multiclass it causes Imoen to bug out and not be multiclass herself.

Not sure why.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PrinceOfDoomPrinceOfDoom Member Posts: 17
    Thanks, Subtle. And yeah, its weird:

Okay, just checked. If I start my CHARNAME as a multiclass human of any multiclass it causes Imoen to bug out and not be multiclass herself.

Not sure why.

I guess the game doesn't like it one bit.
  • esengeasesengeas Member Posts: 23
    I Apologize if this has already been asked, but is it possible to have the charname choose a kit? My own personal dream is having a Fighter/assassin Character but I haven't found a mod that lets me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • esengeasesengeas Member Posts: 23
    edited April 2016

Install the mod, roll a fighter/thief, then bring up the console and type

C:AddSpell("d5_thkt")
    To add the ability to Charname automatically the same way I do for NPCs would be very difficult, for technical reasons.
    Thank you!
  • Cccbon3Cccbon3 Member Posts: 3
    Is this compatible with 1.3 or is 2.0 needed? (i hope not)

PS: new here, been a long time reader though, lots of useful info here :)
    Cccbon3
  • Cccbon3Cccbon3 Member Posts: 3
    @subtledoctor

thanks for the info!
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254

UPDATE! :smiley:

Do to popular demand, and thanks to a sudden technical revelation, I have added a new feature: when you enable multiclass NPCs to choose a kit, now Charname also gets the kit-choice innate ability if you roll a multiclass PC. Hooray!

On the other hand, as i said in the readme:

Needless to say this is way outside the basic game rules, and you only have yourself to blame if you abuse this and render the game stupidly easy.
    Get it here:
    https://github.com/subtledoctor/NPC_EE/releases/tag/2.4.2

Wow, I'm actually surprised you haven't been picked up by beamdog yet. Somebody hire this man!

Is multi-kitting available e.g. from fighter/rogue Berserker/rogue is possible but is beserker/assassin for example? Perhaps from using your MOD standalone or a combo of your MOD and ee keeper?
    edited April 2016
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2016
    Hello!
    I was trying to have some fun and tried to take Berserker kit while being fighter/mage/thief.But strange thing happens.My mage skills became unusable.I still have them in book,i can memorize but i cannot cast them anymore.The button for casting skills F7 becomes greyed.Description of class stays the same f/n/t
    except that in information it says i am berserker.

Then i tried Barbarian.It turns out oposite,meaning he can actually use mage skills compared to berserker?
    Even tho barbs are not suppose to be dual/multi classes.

I am not sure whats making berserk to go wrong?
    --
    I just found out on wiki that berserk will prevent casting mage/priest spells.So how are people making dual bers/mage class then?
    ---
    Another problem i just encountered.
    Minsc
    I have not met him before now.Already had your script installed.When he joined he apparently is fighter (choice from your mod install) but he did not get innate to change to other kit class.So i cannot change him to anything else.
    I tried giving him D5_fikt as innate but game will just crash when trying to load that save.

P.S
    i can provide you with save file if u wanna check ur self
    kagain also didnt get innate to change kit.But giving him D5_fikt caused no problems.
    Did your script choice "fighter" already made Minsc barbarian?He has rage skill,fighter class maybe something went wrong?
    i am confused
    --
    managed to fix minsc via nearinfinity.
    added sword proficiency and cleaned and readed spells innate including fikt.
    and finally got kit to work.
    something was a mess.
    Post edited by SomeoneElse on
    JuliusBorisov
  • CaradocCaradoc Member Posts: 92
    edited April 2016
    Great mod! I'm really liking this. 5/5 :)

One question though: How about a fighter/mage option for Khalid?
    rorikon
  • CaradocCaradoc Member Posts: 92
    edited April 2016
    Well i've seen in few forum comments that devs orginally intended khalid to be a fighter-mage. So thats why I thought it would make sense and brought it up :)http://forum.bioware.com/topic/435904-old-biowarebg-website-not-archivedunrecoverable-khalid-page/ and http://web.archive.org/web/20100922100329/http://www.bioware.com/games/baldurs_gate/game_info/characters/

From that archived page:
    Khalid is a half elf born and raised in the nation of Calimshan, the son of a wealthy merchant and his exotic elvish concubine. Khalid was barely acknowledged by his father as a son; his two half brothers received much more attention and were groomed as heirs to the business. Henceforth, Khalid threw himself into the martial pursuits and even convinced his father to pay a practicing sorcerer to accept him as a student. Unbeknownst to anyone Khalid's father was having troubles with his business and had in fact run up a considerable debt with a noble in Amn. The noble eventually decided to make an example of him and hired the Shadow Thieves to execute the entire family. His new love Jaheira made possible a narrow escape -- and soon after, they were married.

Khalid is a very reserved individual. Having been the outcast of his family he has little in the way of social skills. He is not very quick with words and can be outmaneuvered easily in verbal debates, especially so by his wife. He is quite proud of the fact that he is of elvish blood.

ALIGNMENT: Neutral Good
    CLASS: Mage/ Fighter
    RACE: Half-elf
    Plus he has a relatively high intelligence (15), so it wouldn't be that far fetched.

But its no biggie. I can keep using the tweak pack component for khalid and this mod for other characters :)
    Post edited by Caradoc on
  • SacredNymSacredNym Member Posts: 13
    Should I be installing this before or after BG1NPC?
  • StalkerVagrantStalkerVagrant Member Posts: 1
    Thanks a lot for all the awesome mods you are making :)

I've found a little bug with the select kit script for Imoen. When I select Scout the kit assigned is Swashbuckler. Also shadowdancer kit apears on the list twice.
  • wsmithjrwsmithjr Member Posts: 50
    edited April 2016
    I'll second the option to make Khalid a Fighter/Mage. Honestly, I never saw him as that way either. In addition to the comments above, one of the mods with inter-party banter has Imoen talking to Khalid about how he became interested in magic. So, it would certainly fit in with other mods as an option.
  • UnpersonUnperson Member Posts: 29
    Awesome! This is going to save me a lot of time tinkering around with EEKeeper...

One thing I've observed when kitting multi thieves is that they get the default 25 thief skill points per level rather than what would be appropriate for the kit (i.e. 15 for Assassin), which is even cheesier. Is there anything that can be done about this?
  • KaitekKaitek Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2016
    This is an amazing mod! Gives so much in terms of replayability and opens up so many possibilities for NPCs and even for PC multiclass characters, not to mention that it makes the less popular NPCs fun and interesting. I'm probably going to create a party with Imoen as Shadowdancer, Jaheira as Werewolf, Ajantis as Inquisitor, Coran as Skald and Xan as Dragon Disciple.

Absolutely fantastic work.
  • KaitekKaitek Member Posts: 43
    Just started a new game and Imoen (bard) doesn't get the innate ability to change her kit, while Xzar and Montaron both get it. Don't know why, but I manually added the ability to Imoen with EE Keeper to turn her into a Skald and it works just fine.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    I don't know exactly what is happening, but prior to casting the spell to change kit, the NPC has athe kensai kit. This is fine for the characters that are assigned a new class, but for others this is problematical. Ajantis is a kensai!!! The problem seems to be with those that aren't changed.

Is it not possible to change all those for which you aren't changing the class to what they were previously. Then Ajantis would be changed to Paladin and you could choose his kit as Inquisitor, Cavalier, Undead Hunter or no kit?
    edited May 2016
    When I used Shadowkeeper to give Ajantis a kit, I discovered that like all the other characters that I looked at, he had a kensai kit. The other characters lost their kensai kit upon casting their kit choice spell, but Ajantis doesn't have one of those. IMO he should have in order to give the choice of Undead Hunter, Cavalier or Inquisitor, but currently that is not an option.

I will post weidu log later when I have it. I have a LOT of mods installed, but I strongly suspect that this is the one causing the problems. Before posting the log, I will do some further investigation myself.

I do have the most recent patch plus Siege of Dragonspear installed.
    edited May 2016
    edited May 2016
    I think that I must have had a corrupted game as I have been unable to replicate the "problem" I will take your word for it that it is not this mod that is causing the problem. I do have a lot of mods installed which is always a problem when it comes to mod incompatibilities, particularly when finding out which mod is affecting which.

By the way, I do like your mod. I should have mentioned that earlier.