Skip to content

Liking the new Viconia

Finally a portrait that does her justice in BG1. It's refreshing to see her in the new.
SouthpawJuliusBorisovNightRevanMoradinillathidAerakarGozetabooinyoureyesNonnahswriterGrumGrammarsaladKrotosMush_MushZaferick

Comments

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    New Vicky is a babe :smile:
    JuliusBorisovAerakarArcalian
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    Great portrait. Odd line, though. A drow cleric doesn't give a rats ass if a male drow gets killed or not.
    smeagolheartbooinyoureyesSirBatinceSily
    lunar said:

Rawgrim said:

Great portrait. Odd line, though. A drow cleric doesn't give a rats ass if a male drow gets killed or not.

She is not a conventional drow priestess, though. And may have missed her kin after a long time on the surface. She'll still think him inferiour, ofcourse.
    True that. Still Neutral Evil, though.

I think her house gets wiped out in the first book in the Dark Elf trilogy, come to think of it. Drizzt`s house did the deed. Drizzt's dad killed Viconia's parents, most likely.
  • SirdentSirdent Member Posts: 45
    I like the new Viconia as well. The one issue I have with her and Mr Black Pits is I would love a quest involving pleasing Lloth. It probably should have been in BG1 main game as I believe the test is supposed to come at level 6. Good parties that keep her from doing whatever evil Lloth asks or if they just ignore the quests, drider time!
    Moradin said:

@Sirdent , the problem is, Viconia is a follower of Shar as she abandoned her faith in Lloth when she fled the underdark.
    @Rawgrim , you might be interested in this

Ohh yes that is right. I completely forgot she is a follower of Shar now. I stand corrected.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited April 2016
    When I do a good playthrough I usually take Viconia and do the good transformation. Last time I held off leveling up for almost 2 full cycles to let her change over, then once I leveled from 24th to 26th I got a Holy Symbol of Helm. :)
    Grum
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I don't consider Viconia's good transformation to be canon
  • GozetaGozeta Member Posts: 105
    I always give Viconia the Helm of Opposite Alignment.
    [Deleted User]
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    I misspoke, she changes from Neutral Evil to True Neutral. If she was good then it would be Lathander.
  • dreambleddreambled Member Posts: 48
    Her new portrait, the color change for her eyes, and the change in robe colors to match her deity are all very nice touches. Not gonna lie, did a playthrough in SoD for the Viconia "romance" and started a BG2 playthrough afterwards to compliment it.

I really hope they update BG2 to account for all the new content they added with SoD, Viconia and her new portrait included.
    VasculioAerakarJuliusBorisovKrotos
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    dreambled said:

Her new portrait, the color change for her eyes, and the change in robe colors to match her deity are all very nice touches. Not gonna lie, did a playthrough in SoD for the Viconia "romance" and started a BG2 playthrough afterwards to compliment it.

I really hope they update BG2 to account for all the new content they added with SoD, Viconia and her new portrait included.

I agree...
    Right now... I went ahead and updated my ingame Viconia to the color scheme of SoD Viconia.
    Everthing else BG1EE is intact.

For those of you who are interested.
    I made a win.rar of the .cre files to put in your override folder in the main SoD directory.

Note: These files are for Siege of Dragonspear override directory. Putting them in BG1EE override will work. However, she will not have a portrait.

Enjoy!

JuliusBorisovKrotosmf2112JustLeft
  • Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    I switched my Imoen and Viconia portraits in BGEE. Love the new look.
    Vasculio
  • MandragoraMandragora Member Posts: 79
    All she needs now is a kit, priest of Shar maybe? Yes?
    Vasculiosmeagolheart
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

Several mods give her a Priestess of Shar kit.
    GozetaVasculioKrotosZiminair
  • mikklemikkle Member Posts: 39
    I just wonder how they managed to make such good portrait for her while for example PC characters are pure mess (especially shaman ones) not suiting the game esthetics. IMHO ofc
    VasculioTaylorTwerk

Several mods give her a Priestess of Shar kit.
    I know there are mods, but i think she deserves official kit :P because you can have her like thru all the parts, right from the start till the very end of saga.

Was playing now with my 2nd party with Viconia in it. Have to say new Viconia is really awesome, shes one of my favorite companions in general and her new voice actress is really good, combine that with the new portrait and the story, the lines devs gave her, its great
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

I know there are mods, but i think she deserves official kit :P because you can have her like thru all the parts, right from the start till the very end of saga.

If they give her an official kit, then they also have to give the PC the option to select that kit at character creation. Bioware and Beamdog have always been conservative with kits. Even though the max kit amount is 8 (base class + 7 kits), neither company filled that out. Mods can, of course, do so; and that's the place of mods. It is not the place of devs to give out kits like candy.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    There are also limitations on how much about an original character they can change.
  • dreambleddreambled Member Posts: 48

Have to say new Viconia is really awesome, shes one of my favorite companions in general and her new voice actress is really good, combine that with the new portrait and the story, the lines devs gave her, its great

New? That's all Grey DeLisle. Grey DeLisle (Grey Griffin) has been Viconia's (and others) voice actress since the first BG game. SoD is no different.
    JuliusBorisovmf2112
    dreambled said:

Have to say new Viconia is really awesome, shes one of my favorite companions in general and her new voice actress is really good, combine that with the new portrait and the story, the lines devs gave her, its great

New? That's all Grey DeLisle. Grey DeLisle (Grey Griffin) has been Viconia's (and others) voice actress since the first BG game. SoD is no different.
    Thought i read somewhere that Grey wasnt coming back, well, that explains her awesome voice acting then;)
  • LoveViconiaLoveViconia Member Posts: 196
    lol don't tell me about Viconia, but the voice Viconia had in both BG1 and BG2 was better.
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    Viconia in SOD is amazing and totally hits the same voice and awsomeness of BG2 , you cannot tell 17 years have gone by.
    JuliusBorisov
    Correct me if i'm wrong but, the voice Viconia had in BG1 and BG2 was from the same person, in SOD it sounds from someone else, not saying is bad, the voice is nice, but I just prefer the old one she had, probably because I have always played Viconia for years and i'm used to it.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

Correct me if i'm wrong but, the voice Viconia had in BG1 and BG2 was from the same person, in SOD it sounds from someone else, not saying is bad, the voice is nice, but I just prefer the old one she had, probably because I have always played Viconia for years and i'm used to it.

I guess there was no other way. Years go by, so maybe people's voices change. If SoD was created back in 1999, it wouldn't have been a question.

Personally I think all the returning voice actors tried their best to simulate their vanilla BG voices, no matter all this time. It was the best they could do and I'll be forever grateful for that - listening to new lines of familiar voices.
    LoveViconiaGrumJustLeftVasculio
    Yes they did, really nice voices and acting.
    JuliusBorisov