Skip to content

Shar-teel my 6th npc

I think this is a bug, but she has been in my party since the beginning. She was even with me in the duchal palace when I woke up.

Well only my second play through so didn't think of it.

It began to bug me that she doesn't have any lines or quests of any sorts. Until I realized she is not supposed to be there at all.

Well having spent so much gold on her she will be there to the end. I am curious about if she will be part of my trials later on. Going to dragonspear castle now.
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    No screenshots?
    KhalDrogo
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2016
    delete
  • OrangemooseOrangemoose Member Posts: 83
    Wow, for a man-hating looney Shar-teel is pretty damn loyal.
  • KhalDrogoKhalDrogo Member Posts: 60
    @doggy

Do you have screenshots ?
    kanemi
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    Am on my phone now. Will send screenshots later. And yes the loyalty is extreme. She is best described as the quiet loner. Having only declared that men are scum and that this only happens with male leadership (I happened to do something nice to someone)
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited April 2016
    Hi doggy :)
    Shar-Teel was not supposed to stay in your party once you are done with the crypt. It was a bug and it has been fixed in the first patch for SOD. You can read it in the change log.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Aedan said:

Hi doggy :)
    Shar-Teel was not supposed to stay in your party once you are done with the crypt. It was a bug and it has been fixed in the first patch for SOD. You can read it in the change log.

Darn, I wish that I had experienced this bug - I would've loved for her to stay!
    doggy said:

The amazing Shar-Teel. She has followed me as a puppy since the starting crypt.

You should consider yourself lucky.
    doggyVasculioJuliusBorisovArtona
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    You should dual class her soon.
  • KhalDrogoKhalDrogo Member Posts: 60
    You should try Baldur's Gate 2, maybe she will go with you xD
    JuliusBorisovjankielDJKajuruArtona
    Boy, I REALLY wish I had encountered this bug. I might've actually continued onward with SoD just for that.
    VasculioFemShep
  • FemShepFemShep Member Posts: 22
    Shar-Teel should be definitely available in SoD, as the other original companions are. Firstly, because there is no such variety of evil characters. Secondly, because she is awesome.
    KuronaSkatanAedan
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @FemShep I think the alignments are pretty evenly distributed.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited July 2016
    They're not, it takes Dorn forever to be released in SOD.

On my evil playthrough I could not get through the caves with the dwarves or some of the other areas, just didn't have a tank or the possibility of one.

FemShep
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i thought this glitch was fixed by now it's been here since launch.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    FemShep said:

Shar-Teel should be definitely available in SoD, as the other original companions are. Firstly, because there is no such variety of evil characters. Secondly, because she is awesome.

She's one of the very few BG1 characters that I would have liked to keep in BG2, not only in SOD. She's so good I two-shotted Drizzt with her.
    FemShepAndreaColombo
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Yeah first time trying her on my BG run and liking her in my party with Dorn...except they just started to fight and may have to choose...wondering if I can bring her to SOD
  • fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    Shar-Teel is pretty awesome on the evil side. She's one of like 3 characters I'd love to have in SoD even without lines and such.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    brunardo said:

Yeah first time trying her on my BG run and liking her in my party with Dorn...except they just started to fight and may have to choose...wondering if I can bring her to SOD

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/62941/work-in-progress-shar-teel-npc-mod-sod
    brunardo
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Just has shar-Teel fight with Dorn, she got the upper hand and let him off - dorn saying if he was 100% woulve been different but theyre still in my party just fine...Lol Men.
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    I still have no idea after all this years where was original Bioware devs brains when they gave her 9 con?
    Most characters have some undervalued stat. And they were playing up to the idea of rolling their stats much like you can do with charname and the perceived idea of randomness to the stats. It's completely possible they even did roll them up in the background when making the characters initially and she got shafted on con. Or that it helped make her unique and interesting...
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    With her dual-wield and low con she's obviously built to be more of a "glass-cannon" than a "tank", even though I doubt those terms were used back when she was created.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    I wish I had encountered this bug with Ajantis lol
    We used glass cannon and tank back in those days. Where do you think the MMO players and such got them from?
    SkatanGallowglasstbone1
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    fateless said:

We used glass cannon and tank back in those days. Where do you think the MMO players and such got them from?

Very well, didn't know that. Where did you get the expressions from?