Skip to content

SoD was planned all along-bg2:ee banter proves!

I am now in my bg2 run, and have Rasaad and Jaheira in my party. In one banter, Rasaad asked Jaheira how she was faring, about Khalid and all that, and my pc had a chance to comment on remembering how Jaheira was the most depressed when she was seperated from Khalid at Bridgefort.

Now I have seen this dialogue before, but SoD was not even in the news, then. I had just thought it was trivial fluff and a random location name. When I saw this dialogue again, I gasped, and recognised Bridgefort because I have finished SoD this time! In SoD, Jaheira and Khalid were really seperated in Bridgefort, and Jaheira even commented how difficult a time it was! (Because of the siege and constant marching!) It all makes sense and shows devs planned SoD locations and chapters all along. And it is all canonised in game lore. This impressed me. Congratulations, devs, you rock!

Comments

• LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    nice find
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    The EE banters in BG2 were actually one of the main factors some folks (me included) guessed the Adventure Y would be about Siege of Dragonspear.

According to the devs, the scope of the game increased a lot during its production (so probably at the time BG2EE was released noone could imagine the current size of SoD) but it looks like the EE banters in BG2 were still spot on.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Neat! (But I am close to asking 'what about continuity concerning Rasaad romance and events concerning a souldagger?'...)

Which reminds me: Do variables transfer with an imported savegame into BGII? Did anyone already start a BGII playthrough with an imported SoD save and, maybe, found new reply options and a dagger in ID?...
    Now, *that* would be neat!
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    jastey said:

Which reminds me: Do variables transfer with an imported savegame into BGII? Did anyone already start a BGII playthrough with an imported SoD save and, maybe, found new reply options and a dagger in ID?...
    Now, *that* would be neat!

If they do, it's a new 2.0 feature.

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    The original timeline for releases went:
    BG:EE
    SoD
    BG2:EE
    IWD:EE
    PST:EE

Atari, in its desperate attempt to collect as much money as possible before it folded, nixed the order.
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179

If they do, it's a new 2.0 feature.

Not so, that feature was implemented in patch 1.3. I believe.. Neera dialogue uses it to keep track of romance status from the end of BG1:EE into BG2:EE, and alters one or 2 of the conversations slightly, (very very slightly, I really think this should have been used to greater effect. But the Variable is there for the world to see.)