Skip to content

Hi everyone!

Hi guys!

I'm new here... Even if I'm not new at all in the BG world.
After many many years, I'm planning to go back to my favorite game of all time and I started by searching a cool portrait for my CHARNAME. I ended up in this forum and couldn't help myself and immediately register to say thanks to the artists in the dedicated thread... So this is technically my 2nd message :)

Years has passed since my last BG run, at the time I spent a LOT of hours on SoA with all his mods, unfinished business and so on... and I can't wait to start dreaming from the beginning again.
Years has passed as I said, but I still want to play with a Bard, even if many don't like them, I always had a thing for them.

Now I'm reading through old discussion to make my mind and decide if I will go with a Blade or a Skald, how to build him, what weapons are best for him and so on... I'm excited!

This is all!! Thanks for the game, the forums and the future advices :)

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Welcome Milozzy!

I had a blade character in the past, with whom i got fairly far in the game. I don't remember if she beat the final battle or not, but i remember an exciting play. Bards are fun to play in general. If you plan a frontliner charname i recommend the blade. Skald has it's own good taste too of course.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Welcome to the forum!

For me too, any BG character starts with a portrait.

It has been revealed not long ago, that the Blade's song not only gives protection from panic/morale failure, but also grants +1 to luck, which improves your attack rolls and tweaks certain die rolls in your favor.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/759454/#Comment_759454

This forum is an amazing source of such discoveries, awesome portraits and RP stories. Have fun!
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    @bengoshi

I was JUST about to post that! Good job on beating me to it! XD
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 427
    welcome!
  • MilozzyMilozzy Member Posts: 15
    Thanks everyone!!!
    lolien said:

Welcome Milozzy!

I had a blade character in the past, with whom i got fairly far in the game. I don't remember if she beat the final battle or not, but i remember an exciting play. Bards are fun to play in general. If you plan a frontliner charname i recommend the blade. Skald has it's own good taste too of course.

Thanks! Skalds are more effective with range than melee style, right?
    bengoshi said:

Welcome to the forum!

For me too, any BG character starts with a portrait.

It has been revealed not long ago, that the Blade's song not only gives protection from panic/morale failure, but also grants +1 to luck, which improves your attack rolls and tweaks certain die rolls in your favor.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/759454/#Comment_759454

This forum is an amazing source of such discoveries, awesome portraits and RP stories. Have fun!

It really is amazing, thanks!
    I didn't know about the blade's song, I always thought it was almost useless :)

If it's ok, I think I will open a thread about my next charname :smile:

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    We eagerly wait. And congratulations for collecting more than five badge on your first day on the forum!
  • RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133
    Hello and welcome. If you ever need help with your games, post your problem here. Adventurers answer faster than Chiktikka Fastpaws!
  • angryjellyfishangryjellyfish Member Posts: 9
    hi
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Welcome to the forum and have fun :)
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Welcome! Have a :cookie:! @angryjellyfish you get one too! :cookie:!
  • sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    Welcome to the forums :)
  • MilozzyMilozzy Member Posts: 15
    Thank you all guys!! I really appreciate!! :)