Skip to content

v2.2 Update - Release Notes Attached (BG:EE, Siege of Dragonspear, and BGII:EE)

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited May 2016 in Archived News
Today we're pleased to bring you v2.2, which includes 229 fixes to BG:EE and the Siege of Dragonspear expansion, as well as 90 fixes to BGII:EE. The full release notes are linked below, but here are the highlights:

- Improved multiplayer stability
- New graphics options
- Fixed item description artwork
- Localized Steam Achievements for French, Polish, and Italian
- Added voice-overs for French (Baldur's Gate campaign only)
- Updated voice-overs for Polish (Baldur's Gate campaign only)
- Fixed loot for dead party members during the transition to Throne of Bhaal

We are continuing to make improvements to the game all the time based on feedback from the community and beta testers. Enjoy!

Read the full v2.2 Release Notes
elminsterCerevantMr2150lefreutBalquoAedanSvarhook71Gate70HurricaneGirewanbatoorNoobaccaSageFlashburnVarwulfjackjackJumboWheat01bleusteelSirBatinceThe_Guilty_Partyfaemirproccomf2112MoradinkaguanaDoubledimasdibLeoNegusJuliusBorisovjimkaykanisathaKamigoroshi_Luke_FemShepmashedtatersjoluvSssiksseilorBlackorbUnperson[Deleted User]00zim00alish74woowoovoodooUmar_SlobberknockerAnduinbabaji02138250cmk24rede9

Comments

• alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    edited May 2016
    I'm loving several of these fixes!
    Good stuff. Thanks!!!
    JuliusBorisov
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Excellent work :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    Where do you download it? It's not listed in my GoG account :(
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Alonso said:

Where do you download it? It's not listed in my GoG account :(

GOG typically takes a day or two to populate game updates, since they test the updates locally before releasing them to the public.
    JuliusBorisovAlonso
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    A bit of errata...

"Localized sound files will no longer play the wrong sound in the Beamdog build (22765)" didn't end up getting fixed before release. Note that this issue only affects a few sounds, and only in the Beamdog version of the game (in other words, if you're playing the game through Steam or GOG, you shouldn't be affected).
    JuliusBorisov
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Can someone post a better picture of the difference between "Nearest Neighbor" scaling and the default?
    DeeJuliusBorisov
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    "BD_JOINXP variable will now be reset to 0 when joinable NPCs are spawned in SoD campaign"

Does this mean that you can have minsc (or whoever) join in BG1EE for a couple minutes, then kick him out and when you meet him in SOD, he'd get levelled up appropriately?

Is this all NPCs? Viconia, etc?
    JuliusBorisov
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    I think you missed what people were actually asking for with the new graphic scaling option
  • OrangemooseOrangemoose Member Posts: 83
    Is this where we asked about the new update?
    In any case is there an option to revert the movement icons to what they were before this recent patch?
    The perspective on the new icons is REALLY weird.

Also what ever happened to the second circle around the player feet?
    Flashburn
    edited May 2016
    Downloading the update,, it looks like the final game will be almost an entire GB larger. I can't help but wonder what's taking up all that space. Ah, I think I might have answered my own question. French and Polish voice files, probably in their original .wav file format glory. (Which was probably a good decision... no doubt there would be complaints about loss of audio fidelity if they were re-encoded as oggs.)
  • legotaksinlegotaksin Member Posts: 65
    When we play v2.2 game in android?
    There is no plan for ios or android...
    Please update android version... :(
    Grawrz_Luke_
  • psyactpsyact Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2016
    None of the new graphics options are appearing for me after updating through the client. Weird.

[EDIT] Nevermind, forgot to delete the old UI.menu in the override folder. :disappointed:
    jackjack
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited May 2016
    rashkae said:

I think you missed what people were actually asking for with the new graphic scaling option

what do you mean?

You can turn off the glow, the outline and now the smoothness. Turning them all off now replicates vanilla/1.3 perfectly.

what more do you want?
    jackjackfaemir

Turning them all off now replicates vanilla/1.3 perfectly.

If you believe that, you should run, not walk, to the nearest optometrist. Hopefully whatever is wrong with your optic nerve is reversible. I don't think I'll bother explaining that one further. I could go into details, but it would be like trying to explain the colour blue to a blind person.

As for what *I* want, nothing. The only change in 2.0 that I did not like is the funky perspective on feet circles, but that's had an option to disable those from day 1.
    Rawgrim
  • faemirfaemir Member Posts: 1
    rashkae said:

Turning them all off now replicates vanilla/1.3 perfectly.

If you believe that, you should run, not walk, to the nearest optometrist. Hopefully whatever is wrong with your optic nerve is reversible. I don't think I'll bother explaining that one further. I could go into details, but it would be like trying to explain the colour blue to a blind person.

As for what *I* want, nothing. The only change in 2.0 that I did not like is the funky perspective on feet circles, but that's had an option to disable those from day 1.
    Please show a screenshot that shows what you can't revert graphically in 2.2?

All the complaints I've seen are over three things:

- outlines
    - smoothness
    - character circles

All three of these can now be turned off.

What are we missing?
    I'm sorry. My post was a tad more insultin than was needed (or warranted.) However, I decline to post the screenshots requested, because:

1. I'm lazy.... I could compare bg2 1.3 to bg1 2.2 without digging out my gog archives and re-installing, but those screenshots would not be exact comparisons.

2. I have no horse in this race. I'll let the people who can't stand the blurriness introduced with 2 make all the screenshots. I expect the explosion to start shortly.

Again, I apologize if I let my tone become insulting/hostile. I was only wanting to point that the new graphic options don't come close to looking the same as what was in 1.3. If you doubt me, we'll just wait and see for the rest of the Internet to chime in. If I'm wrong, that won't be the most crow I have ever had to eat.. probably not even this year.

Rawgrim
    Hmm, mouse scroll speed is still super slow for me. It's maxed out, I got zoomlock and scaled UI but it's still much slower than pre 2.0

Do I have to open a ticket for this or am I doing something wrong?
  • FalstaffFalstaff Member Posts: 3
    Is there any word yet on whether the update and expansion will be submitted to the Mac App Store with this release? Or is it still destined to follow the iOS/Android release, regardless of version?
    CrevsDaakmorriscovaldez
    edited May 2016
    rashkae said:

I'm sorry. My post was a tad more insultin than was needed (or warranted.) However, I decline to post the screenshots requested, because:

1. I'm lazy.... I could compare bg2 1.3 to bg1 2.2 without digging out my gog archives and re-installing, but those screenshots would not be exact comparisons.

2. I have no horse in this race. I'll let the people who can't stand the blurriness introduced with 2 make all the screenshots. I expect the explosion to start shortly.

Again, I apologize if I let my tone become insulting/hostile. I was only wanting to point that the new graphic options don't come close to looking the same as what was in 1.3. If you doubt me, we'll just wait and see for the rest of the Internet to chime in. If I'm wrong, that won't be the most crow I have ever had to eat.. probably not even this year.

Yeah I think I see where you're getting at. NN seems oddly super pixelly after a good look, it's not the same as the older tech.

I'm also dissapointed the seam bug on larger creatures is still in effect. (super obvious on dragons)
    jackjack
  • fumy1903fumy1903 Member Posts: 10
    and... where are the old extended scrolls animations? (facefalm)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    The engine recognizing .lua files like the best thing on this patch. Aaand this brings up a new question: is there a list of the engine's functions (if any) for us modders to tinker around or should we figure them out?
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2016
    @CrevsDaak I think @Zach_BD made a post here https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/775234/#Comment_775234 that you might want to check out. That might help you find what you are looking for (at least when it comes to lua files). Otherwise (in case you missed it) I think the release notes for 2.0 might have some of the new modding functions listed.

JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    @Dee There is a few typos in the v2.2 release notes.
    * On p.9 it says 'Magic MIssile' instead of 'Magic Missile'
    * On p.10 it says 'Neothelid Will now be Immune to Its Own Breath Weapon' instead of ''Neothelid will now be immune to its own Breath Weapon' (I guess?)
    * On p.11 it says 'On Boarevsky Bridge' instead of 'On Boareskyr Bridge'
    AlonsoCrevsDaak
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Thanks for this patch :). I only miss one fixed bug - turning off map notes. Hope it will be done in next patch. Btw, do you plan next bug fixing patch in near future, or did this one fixed everything?