Skip to content

v2.2 Update - Release Notes Attached (BG:EE, Siege of Dragonspear, and BGII:EE)

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Etamin said:

Thanks for this patch :). I only miss one fixed bug - turning off map notes. Hope it will be done in next patch. Btw, do you plan next bug fixing patch in near future, or did this one fixed everything?

Far from everything is fixed, so I guess a new patch should be coming up as well but perhaps first SoD gets ported to tablets and the patches to Macs.

• skini82skini82 Member Posts: 2
    I have bought the DVD version, there's a way I can update it?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @skini82
    Unfortunately, there isn't. We can just hope that one day they will release a patch for DVD version as well, but I doubt it.
  • skini82skini82 Member Posts: 2
    Aedan said:

@skini82
    Unfortunately, there isn't. We can just hope that one day they will release a patch for DVD version as well, but I doubt it.

That's not good...
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    Damn thats great news. Only minus is i just started a BG2EE heavily modded game and i dont want to have to reinstall all the mods or start a new game yet again, ohh the horror !!
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    Any info about android update?
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    skini82 said:

Aedan said:

@skini82

That's not good...
    I know they are continuing to look at this. I am not sure what the hold up is, maybe trying to get one or two more patches out so they can package all up into a big patch set to post as an .iso maybe?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    So I finally got around updating my games and was positively surprised to "hear" the German voice-overs again in SoD's BG:EE installment. Nice! Especially since the release notes didn't mentioned the inclusion of the German sound files in patch 2.2. Hopefully the bugs which occured when copy/pasting the voice-over from standalone BG:EE to SoD will be fixed at a later date.

On a side note: it would be nice to receive patch informations within the standalone launchers as well. It's been a while. Or at least one graphic overhaul for BG:EE's and BG2:EE's launchers.

I mean, do we really need to still be reminded of Atari's dark history?
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535

There is no plan for ios or android...

My guess is within the end of the month........
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    @Kamigoroshi The fix you are looking for is listed as number 22165 in the patch notes (see page 11). ;) That was the internal ticket number for the public ticket here: http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/22387
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    "Evermemory and Ring of Wizardry will no longer stack."

My Dragon Disciple: "Nooooooooooooo!"

;)
  • Shade91Shade91 Member Posts: 10
    After downloading the new patch my SoD game won't open. When I close down the Beamdog client and reopen it the game says "Preload Complete" and wont do anything else, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the entire game and it goes right back to the same thing. I'm not running any mods. Wasn't sure where to post this, so I posted here since it only started with the recent update.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Dee said:

This reminds me of Order of the Stick #1: New Edition

veering off-topic...

Still one of my top 10 favorite strips of that comic; I think it was a fantastic way to launch the strip, and give the feel of each character. Voice-of-god/giant though is that it is his least favorite strip, as he feels the 3.5 edition references date it too much.

While the strip has clearly moved beyond this kind of simple rules joke, and it would not work so well today, I still think it really nailed the topic in a timeless way - the gags still work well without assuming any underlying rule set (just work better when you know the target) and by hitting this note in the first strip, it kind of sets the continuity of the comic, jumping in media res at this ideal starting point for the audience.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited May 2016
    I am 99% sure the "no extra damage taken" for insane does not function for spells or at least traps.

60 for a trap bolt AND with a save is kind of broken. You can even see Sai taking the supposed normal amount of damage.

Having second thoughts about even trying durlag's right now.
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    edited May 2016
    *delete*
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    nevermind, actually found out the cause. It's that crazy thing where spells do max damage to you if you're fatigued. How the heck is this still in the game?
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Shade91 said:

After downloading the new patch my SoD game won't open. When I close down the Beamdog client and reopen it the game says "Preload Complete" and wont do anything else, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the entire game and it goes right back to the same thing. I'm not running any mods. Wasn't sure where to post this, so I posted here since it only started with the recent update.

Strange. What happens if you run Siegeofdragonspear.exe from the command line? If you are using the Beamdog client you can get the path by right-clicking on the game and choosing Open Game Location.
    It might be something like "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\BeamDog\Player\Games\00806".
  • SavagostroSavagostro Member Posts: 19
    i would like to know why Beamdog didnt add SCSii in official game and realease it in next patch ?
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182

nevermind, actually found out the cause. It's that crazy thing where spells do max damage to you if you're fatigued. How the heck is this still in the game?

Because it's a game mechanic.

i would like to know why Beamdog didnt add SCSii in official game and realease it in next patch ?

Because it's a mod that vastly changes game content, and even if approved by IP owners, which component selection is the right choice? Only Smarter General AI? Improved encounters? A mod is a mod and will remain a mod, unless it's a bugfix mod.
  • SavagostroSavagostro Member Posts: 19
    i mean some part of SCSii can be add to Legacy of Bhaal. For example Ai or maby tactics as well why not?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I think there may be a problem regarding copyrights in adding any mod into the EE. Perhaps it's the case with the SCS mod.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @JuliusBorisov
    As long as the author gives his/her permission, it can be done - see the UB for IWD mod, whose content have been added to the EE.
  • ggmsggms Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2016
    Sorry if this is _maybe_ GOG support question, but today I updated my BGEE to 2.2.66.0 version (GOG 2.3.0.5), clean install, everything went fine but there is no "Nearest Neighbor Scaling" option in GRAPHICS anywhere!! Everything is working but option is missing!? Game version is ok, I also checked Baldur.lua config file and there is "Use Nearest Neighbour Scaling" line present but NOT in game Graphics menu? Did GOG messed up their update or is this normal? Or maybe this option is somewhere else and I missed it? Regards
  • psyactpsyact Member Posts: 81
    ggms said:

Sorry if this is _maybe_ GOG support question, but today I updated my BGEE to 2.2.66.0 version (GOG 2.3.0.5), clean install, everything went fine but there is no "Nearest Neighbor Scaling" option in GRAPHICS anywhere!! Everything is working but option is missing!? Game version is ok, I also checked Baldur.lua config file and there is "Use Nearest Neighbour Scaling" line present but NOT in game Graphics menu? Did GOG messed up their update or is this normal? Or maybe this option is somewhere else and I missed it? Regards

Go into your override folder and delete whatever menu,ui file you have.
  • ggmsggms Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2016
    Ahh, just as you posted your advice I realized what the problem is, it's not override folder...I also have Siege of Dragonspear DLC, I did not updated DLC, only main game.. It seems that you could update BGEE base game thinking that everything is ok but you should also update Siege of Dragonspear because when game finds DLC it will use DLC graphic options.. :neutral:
  • lum1nlum1n Member Posts: 17
    edited May 2016
    Dee said:

It scaled down a bit when we exported the PDF. Here's the source image (click for the full-size picture):

So these graphics issues still not fixed?! I mean these lines and squares on background texture...